Kanon w/ original Japanese text + voices? (for language learning)

EMNeuralei

Hello! I registered to ask a question since I am seriously new to VNs.

I am currently learning Japanese, and after familiarizing myself with the English-translation Kanon to start, I found the Japanese version to practice reading. However, it didn't have the voice files that were recorded for later versions (which would help a lot) and the methods of patching them in seemed impossible (outdated or no longer available sites or tools, etc.). I even tried to run the Japanese Kanon in parallel with the English Kanon, but the Japanese install "took over" the English language .exe.

I just wanted to ask if there was a simple way to acquire or set up the Japanese version with voices patched in that I am unaware of, or if I can somehow revert the translated scripts in the English version. If there's a better place to post this or I'm missing something obvious please let me know.

If it's not-so-feasible, I'll suck it up until I get better at Japanese using newer VNs that already had voicing when originally released in Japan (assuming it isn't so uncommon).

Thanks!

There should be some versions of the game that is on the web without the english patch installed and with voices. Just install it normally and don't apply the english patch.

If you'd like to just apply a the voice patch: Voice patch Torrent, don't know if it's still alive.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm getting the first download now to see if I can indeed get it with voices but no English patch applied.

The first link is to a fully pre-patched version, such as is available on this site. The second one supposedly has a seeder and is a .exe to apply the extracted Playstation voices, I believe (1.4 GB). I might see if it's possible to get it later; I've had the voice files before but no working patcher.

Edit: That torrent is probably toast. If anyone else has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks again!

I believe that's the site I retrieved the voice files from; however, I was unable to apply them to the program. The comments weren't much help; it seemed that people only figured out how to apply the translation patch. I may fiddle with it again later, but I'll probably give up for the moment.

I don't recall having such an extractable archive with G00s; I have the .ISO and I had gotten the voice folder (perhaps the same as the KOE you refer to) from the web site referenced above. I'd have to see if I could dig such a thing up, unless you have a source for it.

My guess is that the .ZIP referenced above is the one from the "English patch" section on the download page linked above (same contents). It must also contain the information needed to get the correct voice files in the KOE folder, downloaded separately, to trigger at the correct times in the script. However, I don't know which files I would need to copy (or if I would have to run the patcher) to get the voices to be added *without* overwriting the Japanese with English. Perhaps it is even impossible to do so.

Does anyone have any ideas about this? If I'm determined enough I'll do some trial and error later (I have to download all of the voice files again).

And I appreciate the help, even if I can't figure it out!