• Fantasy
    • Sport
    • Horror
    • Harem
    • Incest
    • Sexual content
    • Science fiction

This poll is closed to new votes

i chose most every choice except yuri, yaoi, sports and sci fi , i love sci fi but when its a romance sci fi story iv never really found one where the balance between the two genres was done to my liking. as for the yuri and yaoi iv seen several of both genre and the romance in them tends to be fine but i have difficulty relating to the main characters struggles since i don't fall in either category so i tend to skip them unless the reviews for a particular series are very persuasive. as for sports well the only sports romance iv ever liked was the manga suzuka which i loved the anime was ok but to toned down .

I read VNs because of the story only, so I don't like the romance unless it adds to the other genres (like a romance making a sci-fi scenario get more tricky, or when having a romance with someone has heavy implications in society,  it changes a lot of things in fantasy scenarios, etc). I can accept romance in "normal" settings if the story has a great drama, too. But yeah, overall, I think it could be removed from a lot of VNs, since it often feels too forced. Romance is not the kind of genre that I like, I guess.

with that said, is there a thread i can ask for a recomendation for a Romance/sci fi/drama manga ? if not then here please xD.

Nevermind then, i didn't notice it was a manga recommendation, i should take my time and read the words in front of me... i guess that's why i never get a perfect grade at math~ (or so i hope).

Romantic manga... i guess i've read a few from my cheesy days; Aku No Hana is pretty cool (i don't think you'll like it though) Shurabara! is short yet amusing, and KamiNomi goes without saying, Nagato's spin off will get an anime adaptation you should read it in case you liked the Suzumiya Haruhi movie

Pretty much chu2ish dark stories with a teaspoon of romance that will most likely end up in tragedy but they give you hope so you keep on reading until you finally realize everything already sank and died and then you can watch/read the good end and be happy with a shameless cheesy ending

That and nakiges.

Edited by Yukiru

You can always ask Clephas or Kagunyan-nyan (even though those two aren't into romance, at least not that i know)

Pretty much chu2ish dark stories with a teaspoon of romance that will most likely end up in tragedy but they give you hope so you keep on reading until you finally realize everything already sank and died and then you can watch/read the good end and be happy with a shameless cheesy ending

That and nakiges.

Asking for manga, so I can't really help him. Dunno if Clephas reads any either.

And in the very off chance I read a manga, it's usually a chu2 story anyway. But you should play Symphonic Rain, if VNs are okay. Just turn off the minigame if it annoys you. 

Nevermind then, i didn't notice it was a manga recommendation, i should take my time and read the words in front of me... i guess that's why i never get a perfect grade at math~ (or so i hope).

Romantic manga... i guess i've read a few from my cheesy days; Aku No Hana is pretty cool (i don't think you'll like it though) Shurabara! is short yet amusing, and KamiNomi goes without saying, Nagato's spin off will get an anime adaptation you should read it in case you liked the Suzumiya Haruhi movie

That and nakiges.

nagato is getting a spin off anime is there any source for this?

haha thanks..and sorry for off topic.. i should of actually mentioned that i do like romance and that its my favorite, but i dont like the type of romance where there is a subtle sense there...i like the romance like, Aishiteru ze baby, Suzuka, SOA...You know, the type where you can actually feel it, aswell as a sub genre of drama really gets it for me..(For got to mention another example, Eureka 7 my favorite).

Anyway thanks and sorry xD.

suzuka was amazing i just read it all in a marathon last week and really loved the realism in the romance .

haha thanks..and sorry for off topic.. i should of actually mentioned that i do like romance and that its my favorite, but i dont like the type of romance where there is a subtle sense there...i like the romance like, Aishiteru ze baby, Suzuka, SOA...You know, the type where you can actually feel it, aswell as a sub genre of drama really gets it for me..(For got to mention another example, Eureka 7 my favorite).

Anyway thanks and sorry xD.

I can't really see anything besides drama, fantasy, or comedy going along with romance to be honest. Though romance is of course the favorite! :)

It helped to spice things up in the true end/kurisu route of Steins; Gate (a sci-fi), though granted, a very strong friendship could have done the same.

used to watch ecchi like 3 years ago, but i got tired of it. i guess yuri is my thing atm.

i like romance only if there is alot of drama or tragedy in it. comedy is great too if they dont overdo it like in most cases. im also not found of shy characters

as for VNs. im reading only if there is sexual content or horror/gore in it. i really think it makes a VN much better. got nothing against incest either. cant also bring myself to watch anything with fantasy/supernatural/magic elements, but if its good enough for me ill try reading it anyway like Hoshizora no Memoria

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...