Do we have a forum for this? If not, maybe?

torbin12

Or maybe just the standard Visual Novel Talk forum would be sufficient, but anyways, what I was thinking about it, since I would love to do it with Canvas 2 once I am done with it (although I am only about half-way) but maybe making a forum for discussing Visual Novels after completion, things like our favorite Character routes, aspects we liked or didn't, whatever was related to the Visual Novel (after completion) I was thinking of a separate forum since this would understandably deal with ridiculously large amounts of spoilers for anyone who hadn't finished the VN yet.

I don't know, maybe I'm weird, but I think this would be pretty cool.

And also, I am sorry about making post after post, if that really does bother anybody, I am truly sorry.

This is a good idea ! We should have threads with and without spoilers. But that means better organising the "Visual Novel Talk" sub forums. There should be a special sub forum to be able to talk about all the news posted by Aaeru aswell. Either way, this should definetly be thought about !

Good idea! It would be fun talking about the vn's after completing them. But its kinda prone to spoilers.

We can use spoiler tags. things that are spoilerz

Naruto becomes a ninja after episode 23

We are actually going to implement a VN Review thread that will give people the ability to discuss various VN's. Definetely need to require spoiler tags as to not give anything away.

It should be up soon. Were just working out the details.

Naruto becomes a ninja after episode 23

Haha :lol: .

We are actually going to implement a VN Review thread that will give people the ability to discuss various VN's. Definetely need to require spoiler tags as to not give anything away.

It is the easiest way to implement, but it is a pain to do. Many people (most certainly myself) will forget about it. And it is hard to determine what is spoiler and what is not as well !

That's good, will be fun to try out :) OP line of thought's seemed to be more of mindless barter of vn we just completed, So it's slighty different.

Haha :lol: .

It is the easiest way to implement, but it is a pain to do. Many people (most certainly myself) will forget about it. And it is hard to determine what is spoiler and what is not as well !

That's true, maybe we should add some rules to that section. Simply add (use spoiler tags!!!) in the title of the thread or (Caution! Spoiler free thread!) That way the thread starter can talk about the game as he/she wishes. I am guessing the latter choice will be the most used in this sub-section of the forum.

Yeah i wonder if it would need to be subdivided into separate forums,

i think people can use spoiler tags or spoiler discussions threads.

actually dont want to create any subsections unless it is absolutely necessary. because they split people up.

actually dont want to create any subsections unless it is absolutely necessary. because they split people up.

Agreed, i say we hold out on subsections till we see how it goes and if its needed.

Maybe having a sort of "Completed Visual Novel" section with a thread for each game would be feasible without too much clutter, if you can't read a description on a page then you deserve to be spoiled by something after you venture inside; still using a spoiler cover on major parts would be welcomed, but not expected?

I don't understand why it would split up people, but it is crucial as soon as you will create a thread of each game. Most old topics will just dissappear down a few pages. It will become a pain to browse as well.

I don't understand why it would split up people, but it is crucial as soon as you will create a thread of each game. Most old topics will just dissappear down a few pages. It will become a pain to browse as well.

And then you'll have board clutter with people eventually complaining their game isn't at the top of the list.

And then you'll have board clutter with people eventually complaining their game isn't at the top of the list.

This. Didn't make alot of sense.

But, aaeru is right that having too many sections splits people up. Not that it's going to happen anytime soon here, with so few sections as this forum have.

This. Didn't make alot of sense.

But, aaeru is right that having too many sections splits people up. Not that it's going to happen anytime soon here, with so few sections as this forum have.

You seem to expect it to become like some Iron Curtain :lol: !

The forum will be better organized, and easier to find the threads that you seek. So I know I might be bothersome, but why would people split up then ? :P

Guys, this will be implemented tonight if Tay has the time to set it up.

All of your concerns have been noted and I know you guys will love it. Just be patient a little longer :P

Awesome, looking forward to it with much anticipation, I just love the idea of being able to discuss our favorite parts of our VNs

Hey everybody, we've got some really exciting news for you! Aaeru and Ryoji have been really patient as I've mocked up a game-specific review/discussion solution. I think all three of us are on board with the current iteration, and I'm happy to let you know that it will be going live very soon. I think we struck a great balance between accessibility and organization. Aaeru has awesome plans for implementing reviews on the main site, and once they go live (they're in planning phase right now) I think they'll be a feature that'll help make Fuwanovel a key part of the VN community map.

As always, Ryoji has been monitoring everybody's feedback and has kept really close track of all of the concerns expressed here. We hope that you'll give us feedback once the new superstructure launches, and will help us make it as efficient as possible. Most importantly, we hope that you will be quick to post reviews/discussion/fanart/etc. about your favorite games, and to populate the new section with all of your enthusiasm. As for me, I'm gonna go straight to Katawa Shoujo, Fate/Stay Night, Sharin no Kuni (+FD), and G-Senjou no Maou.

Thanks a bundle, and stay tuned! We're just a few hours away from go on this.

Alright, well, I totally just flooded the site with posts. All of which were entitled, "Read First!".

That serves as an unofficial announcement that the game-specific discussion/review section is online! Yay! Please go and post content and discussions and reviews to your hearts' content! We're looking for feedback as well, so please let us know if you have any great ideas on how to improve the system!