Fuwapocalypse 3.0

Tay

And thus passed another exciting – albeit brief – Fuwapocalypse.  You may or may not have noticed that Fuwanovel was taken down today, but that’s exactly what happened.  We ran up against more hosting issues, and thus have chosen to change hosts.  I think this change will bring a lot of stability to the site. 

Feel free to post any thoughts/questions you have.  I hope you’ll agree that it’s good to be back online!
- Tay

I was wondering if there is any reason why I can't get to the fuwanovel home page. Like I can only stay on the forums page. Hope you can help, thanks!

The front site is down.  I'm looking into it, but I don't know when it'll be restored.  I'll post as more info comes available.

a thread i posted before the crash seems to have vanished during the down time is it gone for good or just am i somehow not finding it , i looked through my threads list in my profile as well as the forum folder i posted in and cant seem to find it.

I'm assuming there's been a bit of a rollback, so you'll probably have to make your thread again.

I've been with fuwanovel from the start (back when the website was still a prototype and using the .com domain), but even now every time the website goes offline it scares me to see how I've lost a virtual limb to navigate the VN landscape...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAf7O-utVhw

Graduation's not the end. Fuwanovel will keep going after migrating hosts. Maybe even better than before without its crazy coder nuking the site's installation from time to time.

Geh, lost the fantasy vn list I put together... guess I'll have to go through the trouble of skimming the ones I've played again...

Dang... That's devastating.  I hope you're able to piece it together, Clephas.  

Also, I'd like to thank batman for pointing out that I get sick every time a Fuwapocalypse rains down upon us.  I'm 3/3, and every time it's the flu.  So, formally, "Thanks, Batman, for ensuring I'll be paranoid every time I get the flu for the rest of my life!" *Raises Glass*

Dang... That's devastating.  I hope you're able to piece it together, Clephas.  

Also, I'd like to thank batman for pointing out that I get sick every time a Fuwapocalypse rains down upon us.  I'm 3/3, and every time it's the flu.  So, formally, "Thanks, Batman, for ensuring I'll be paranoid every time I get the flu for the rest of my life!" *Raises Glass*

The real question is how many times total have you been sick since the first Fuwapocalypse?

Technical issues, but no takedowns by the host. This is the second one, the first one having happened in September (also the last time we saw Aaeru).

I was under the impression that Aaeru was the one who was "paying the bills" (so to speak) to keep this site up, what with being the site owner and all. Was that a false impression?

Graduation's not the end. Fuwanovel will keep going after migrating hosts. Maybe even better than before without its crazy coder nuking the site's installation from time to time.

But how are you going to add more secrets without nuking the anything?!

Else we're always in IRC to keep up with people. I'm in one irc room with 3 other people from a torrent site that started and died about 4 years ago...