What do you plan on buying ?

Joachim

Christmas is in a month and a half, but advertising has already begun. It is the time I begin to think about new shiny things to get under the christmas tree :lol:. It is the time I get reminded about all these deluxe sets, collector stuff, altogether envy inducing products I can't affort to get during the year without a feeling of self reprobation and even self lashing :P .

I wonder what do you plan on buying for christmas ? What makes you dream ? I need your recommandations and advices as well !

I might be early, but I am already restless about it ! I have to make choices because money is tight. How do you deal with it ? Are you a spender or a sensible person ?

Kara no Kyoukai is coming out on blu ray in a limited edition. The price is prohibitive and I don't have a blu ray player, but as I watched it on HD TV I was impressed with the quality of it, and I can't imagine watching it on DVD. I should buy a player first, but the price is too high as well, and I fear the printing will run out before I get my copy. By the way, does anyone know if blu ray players on pc are zoned ? Sadly in France we don't have as much licenced anime as the US or UK, so buying one seems kind of pointless if it can't read it.

Monster, the manga by Urasawa is actually reprinted in a beautiful deluxe format, bigger in size, and when the covers are stuck together looks like that. Hardcover versions of Taniguchi's works are out aswell. Books might be my worst weakness :lol:.

I want to get box versions of vns I really enjoyed too, because I am kind of compulsive collector ! Can someone tell me how nice they look on a shelf ? Are they the same size as games in the west (too small) ? And where do you like to buy them and why ?

Per chance I didn't get to visit my bookstore for quite some time, so this is it for now !

Christmas is in a month and a half, but advertising has already begun. It is the time I begin to think about new shiny things to get under the christmas tree :lol:. It is the time I get reminded about all these deluxe sets, collector stuff, altogether envy inducing products I can't affort to get during the year without a feeling of self reprobation and even self lashing :P .

I wonder what do you plan on buying for christmas ? What makes you dream ? I need your recommandations and advices as well !

I might be early, but I am already restless about it ! I have to make choices because money is tight. How do you deal with it ? Are you a spender or a sensible person ?

Kara no Kyoukai is coming out on blu ray in a limited edition. The price is prohibitive and I don't have a blu ray player, but as I watched it on HD TV I was impressed with the quality of it, and I can't imagine watching it on DVD. I should buy a player first, but the price is too high as well, and I fear the printing will run out before I get my copy. By the way, does anyone know if blu ray players on pc are zoned ? Sadly in France we don't have as much licenced anime as the US or UK, so buying one seems kind of pointless if it can't read it.

Monster, the manga by Urasawa is actually reprinted in a beautiful deluxe format, bigger in size, and when the covers are stuck together looks like that. Hardcover versions of Taniguchi's works are out aswell. Books might be my worst weakness :lol:.

I want to get box versions of vns I really enjoyed too, because I am kind of compulsive collector ! Can someone tell me how nice they look on a shelf ? Are they the same size as games in the west (too small) ? And where do you like to buy them and why ?

Per chance I didn't get to visit my bookstore for quite some time, so this is it for now !

My wife finaly put her foot down. I ordered about $1000.00 worth of anime.

Deadman Wonderland

Bakemongatari Bluray

Steins;Gate blu ray pt1 (pre order)

Made Sama DVD complete collection (pre order)

IDOLM@STER: Xenoglossia DVD Collection 1

Aria the Scarlet Ammo DVD/Blu-ray Complete Series

K-on seasons 1 and 2

Clannad bluray

After Story Bluray

Needless Blu-ray Complete Collection

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Blu-ray 1

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Blu-ray 2

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Blu-ray 3

Dance in the Vampire Bund DVD/Blu-ray Complete Series

Demon King Daimao Blu-ray Complete Collection

Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne DVD Complete Series

Melody of Oblivion DVD set (real cheap so i thought id give this a try)

And a few more im sure i just cant remember.

The Clannad/After story Blu Rays are for my daughter as I already own 2 sets.

My wife Mio, Complains that i alway spend too much, but she loves anime as much, if not more, than I do. The amount of joy and happiness that it brings is worth every penny.

I also am going to order some VN's from Mangagamer.

On the list are:

Higurashi When They Cry Kai Bundle Pack

Da Capo Limited Edition Boxed Set

Da Capo 2 (Limited Edition)

DEARDROPS Limited Edition

and a couple more.

My collection of anime/manga is HUGE.

Ive been collecting since VideoDisc/VHS.

And of course your welcome anytime :P

Your home has just become a pilgrim place, I have to get there at least once in my life :lol:.

You just filled my imagination with delightful visions :D.

I am saving up for a convention so the amount that i can spend is most likely going to be moderate. I do plan on picking up a 3DS XL so i can play the VNs like 999, Last Virtue, and the Phoenix Wright games.

I have no idea what anyone in my family wants for Christmas though.

Let's see, I just spend a lot of money recently buying games such as Virtue's last reward and assassin's creed 3. Not to mention the stuff I preordered. Anyway, these are some VN i have preordered for now.

Fate/Stay Night Realta Nua [vita]

Chaos;Head Noah [PS3]

Yumina the ethereal [PC]

and as for something other than VN, I also plan to buy some PS3 games, though honestly it has nothing to do with Christmas, since I am not Christian.

I believe that like DVD, Blu-ray have a region codes and so not every player can play japanese blu-ray disc. I myself use an asian release PS3 to read japanese blu-ray and it seems to work like a charm, but I'm not sure about other regions

As for VN, the normal release looks just like a normal dvd box. The limited edition ones however are usually much bigger, and it really depends on the extra content that they give.

My wife finaly put her foot down. I ordered about $1000.00 worth of anime.

Deadman Wonderland

Bakemongatari Bluray

Steins;Gate blu ray pt1 (pre order)

Made Sama DVD complete collection (pre order)

IDOLM@STER: Xenoglossia DVD Collection 1

Aria the Scarlet Ammo DVD/Blu-ray Complete Series

K-on seasons 1 and 2

Clannad bluray

After Story Bluray

Needless Blu-ray Complete Collection

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Blu-ray 1

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Blu-ray 2

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Blu-ray 3

Dance in the Vampire Bund DVD/Blu-ray Complete Series

Demon King Daimao Blu-ray Complete Collection

Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne DVD Complete Series

Melody of Oblivion DVD set (real cheap so i thought id give this a try)

And a few more im sure i just cant remember.

The Clannad/After story Blu Rays are for my daughter as I already own 2 sets.

My wife Mio, Complains that i alway spend too much, but she loves anime as much, if not more, than I do. The amount of joy and happiness that it brings is worth every penny.

I also am going to order some VN's from Mangagamer.

On the list are:

Higurashi When They Cry Kai Bundle Pack

Da Capo Limited Edition Boxed Set

Da Capo 2 (Limited Edition)

DEARDROPS Limited Edition

and a couple more.

that is an amazing amount of stuff~ I was only able to get Fate/Zero Blu-ray directly from japan because I just love it so much and when I passed by a shop and saw it, I just couldn't pass it up.

Those are also very good VN in their own right. I have played all of them and they present quite unique experiences. Look forward to it~

I am saving up for a convention so the amount that i can spend is most likely going to be moderate. I do plan on picking up a 3DS XL so i can play the VNs like 999, Last Virtue, and the Phoenix Wright games.

I have no idea what anyone in my family wants for Christmas though.

Which convention are you going to ?

I'd love to get a 3DS ! It seems to be the handheld system with the most good games so far. I always wanted to try Hotel Dusk: Room 215. But well, even if I had the money I wouldn't have the time to make it worth. There is an overwhelming amount of content available these days !

Let's see, I just spend a lot of money recently buying games such as Virtue's last reward and assassin's creed 3. Not to mention the stuff I preordered. Anyway, these are some VN i have preordered for now.

Assassin's Creed looks great, it is on my list aswell.

and as for something other than VN, I also plan to buy some PS3 games, though honestly it has nothing to do with Christmas, since I am not Christian.

Christmas has nothing to do anymore with christian :P. It is supposed to be only church, and no presents. At least that what I'm being told. Quite sad to imagine :lol:.

I believe that like DVD, Blu-ray have a region codes and so not every player can play japanese blu-ray disc. I myself use an asian release PS3 to read japanese blu-ray and it seems to work like a charm, but I'm not sure about other regions

I can't understand japanese sadly... Thank you for your help though, it is well appreciated :).

As for VN, the normal release looks just like a normal dvd box. The limited edition ones however are usually much bigger, and it really depends on the extra content that they give.

That is dissapointing. I looked on jast already but the collector's edition seemed not worth the price to me. To be honest I am more interested in the packaging than tits shaped mousepads :P. And Saya no Uta hasn't a collector's edition so I'm screwed either way.

Right now, saving up for Sei Monmosu Gakuen, because the ad on Jlist was just amazing, *quote* 'What is better than a school full of cute girls? How about, a school full of cute MONSTER girls?' *end quote* I mean really? Its like 'Well, you got me there.' Lol, plus, I am really into the appeal of cute monster girls, for some reason.

Right now, saving up for Sei Monmosu Gakuen, because the ad on Jlist was just amazing, *quote* 'What is better than a school full of cute girls? How about, a school full of cute MONSTER girls?' *end quote* I mean really? Its like 'Well, you got me there.' Lol, plus, I am really into the appeal of cute monster girls, for some reason.

Haha ! :lol:

Thank you by the way, I didn't know the site !

I'd love to get a 3DS ! It seems to be the handheld system with the most good games so far. I always wanted to try Hotel Dusk: Room 215. But well, even if I had the money I wouldn't have the time to make it worth. There is an overwhelming amount of content available these days !

The NDS has lots of great games on it, I bought an NDS lite a few years ago its been a faithful companion with my firecard, which I can download lots of free games on mohaaha. I would reccomend doing the same, but i don't know about the 3DS how the 'hax' card works on that.

If you have a WII I would hack that one too, lol.

Assassin's Creed looks great, it is on my list aswell.

Argh, how I LOVED the first game. It was amazing, but noooo ubisoft had to bleed the series. They just love destroying good series, Splinter cell, ghost recon, assasins creed. Whyyyyy, I loved those games!!! Well, I guess it's okay in assassins creed's last game it seems amazing in terms of gameplay mechanics. But the story in the last games... Lets say it was written by a bunch of monkeys on typewriters, even if that phrase has been overused...

Christmas has nothing to do anymore with christian :P. It is supposed to be only church, and no presents. At least that what I'm being told. Quite sad to imagine :lol:.

I can't understand japanese sadly... Thank you for your help though, it is well appreciated :).

That is dissapointing. I looked on jast already but the collector's edition seemed not worth the price to me. To be honest I am more interested in the packaging than tits shaped mousepads :P. And Saya no Uta hasn't a collector's edition so I'm screwed either way.

Poor and greedy students like me don't buy stuff. We pirate it! And if I can't pirate it, we endure!

Well about presents as usual I have no idea what to wish for... Maybe new clothes, that's always nice. Never been much of a material person, I am usually never have anything to complain about on that kind of stuff.. I have what I need. LOL I always feel like spoiled brat and a weirdo at this time of the year.

The NDS has lots of great games on it, I bought an NDS lite a few years ago its been a faithful companion with my firecard, which I can download lots of free games on mohaaha. I would reccomend doing the same, but i don't know about the 3DS how the 'hax' card works on that.

If you have a WII I would hack that one too, lol.

I have heard of these, convenient is an understatement ! :P

A friend lend me his consoles with a truckload of games, and even though I really love the games I just can't bring myself to keep playing them. Well except for Silent Hill and Project Zero, I wish I could get more of those !

Argh, how I LOVED the first game. It was amazing, but noooo ubisoft had to bleed the series. They just love destroying good series, Splinter cell, ghost recon, assasins creed. Whyyyyy, I loved those games!!! Well, I guess it's okay in assassins creed's last game it seems amazing in terms of gameplay mechanics. But the story in the last games... Lets say it was written by a bunch of monkeys on typewriters, even if that phrase has been overused...

I only played the first one, and I had a blast with it. I love the themes, the gameplay, the visuals. I didn't have much sleep for a few days as I was playing it. I bought the second and third one, and only tried the third but I found the start silly so I gave up. I have to give it another try though.

I can't judge much on the story, the first one was good, but I find the future stuff uninteresting.

Poor and greedy students like me don't buy stuff. We pirate it! And if I can't pirate it, we endure!

I wish I was less of a spender, but I love to collect stuff so I'm cursed carrying an empty wallet. :lol:

Well about presents as usual I have no idea what to wish for... Maybe new clothes, that's always nice. Never been much of a material person, I am usually never have anything to complain about on that kind of stuff.. I have what I need. LOL I always feel like spoiled brat and a weirdo at this time of the year.

I'm glad for you, at least that's something less to worry about ! I am kind of envious though.

• 3 months later...

Depends on where you live, US and Japan have the same BD code (region 1) so any Japanese BD/PS3 game will work on a US BD player/PS3

The same applies to PSP games, as I have Japanese PS3/PSP games that work on a US PSP/PS3. I think the only region locked PS3 game is Persona 4 Arena. To the best of my knowledge, the PS3, and PSV are region free.

As for DVD's, that would depend on the disc itself. The PS3 is a region free player, so in theory it should work with DVD's from Japan, but some DVD's also have enhanced region encoding that prevents that.

Oh my god, that's sooo cool, what an amazing pack

I guess you must be overjoyed with this, I know I would

Omg that's amazing! Looks like a must-have for any hardcore KEY fan.

I'm very tempted to buy this now...

Yeah, ofc, i'm a lucky man, bought it from mandarake for:

Sub total: 9,000 yen

Shipping Fee: 7,000 yen

------------------------------------------------------------

Grand Total: 16,000 yen

I think it is quite cheap and definitely cheaper than eBay, despite delivery fee. :3

Yeah, ofc, i'm a lucky man, bought it from mandarake for:

Sub total: 9,000 yen

Shipping Fee: 7,000 yen

------------------------------------------------------------

Grand Total: 16,000 yen

I think it is quite cheap and definitely cheaper than eBay, despite delivery fee. :3

Looks cheap, excluding the shipping. Where do you live btw?

That 16K yen is my table though :/