[Approved] Hottest Topics?

I don't know about that. Some people *cough* nosebleed *cough* have auto-follow to every thread they see, and following in general has a reasonably big chance to be too big of a variable- since one person following or not following a topic could have a huge impact (after all, even in the hottest topics, we tend to have 4~6 followers). I'd prefer to stick with either views or posts.

I was just going to mention that. Some people *cough* me *cough* have auto-follow on and I know some other users who do and thus having it go by followers might not be the best and most liable option.

Views might be a good idea but then the hottest topics would have to reset after a certain amount of time. Or else my walkthrough that's almost at 10,000 views would end up in the hottest topics (shameless advertisement). So yes maybe the topic with most viewes that day(s) gets to be in the hottest topics box. I'm still more supportive of the reply amount though because that shows the thread is active more than the views do.

I was just going to mention that. Some people *cough* me *cough* have auto-follow on and I know some other users who do and thus having it go by followers might not be the best and most liable option.

Views might be a good idea but then the hottest topics would have to reset after a certain amount of time. Or else my walkthrough that's almost at 10,000 views would end up in the hottest topics (shameless advertisement). So yes maybe the topic with most viewes that day(s) gets to be in the hottest topics box. I'm still more supportive of the reply amount though because that shows the thread is active more than the views do.

Some threads invite more and easier posting than others, depending on the topic- so I would still pick views. We aren't looking for the most active thread, we're looking for what picked the interest of the highest amount of people- thus I still think views fit better.

Fair point. I guess i can see the picture now. You want the topics that are most trending and attract the most attention so random stuff like technical issues don't end up on the box. If that's so then i support the views. However the box has to have some way of "resetting" so it can pick up new threads because views don't reset themselves.

Fair point. I guess i can see the picture now. You want the topics that are most trending and attract the most attention so random stuff like technical issues don't end up on the box. If that's so then i support the views. However the box has to have some way of "resetting" so it can pick up new threads because views don't reset themselves.

If everything would work exactly as I thought, our great tech wiz nayleen would find away for it to only count the views that were recieved in that day, while ignoring all previous ones. Dunno if that's possible, though.