Winter 2014 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

A little unrelated but yesterday i decided to try D-frag the manga and holy crap is it better than the anime.

I mean it's not outstanding but having the punchlines in the corner as words instead of listening to the protagonist shouting is much more refreshing for comedy.

And also there's tons of stuff they didn't animate. I'm already past where the anime will (probably) end and it's much more entertaining.

It's probably the only time i've felt like reading more than one manga chapter in a row. Feels weird.

Log Horizon is brilliant but is it consider Winter 2014 anime?

Witchcraft Work(I love the 5 Tower Witch jobbers) and D-Frag are the two anime that exceed my expectation of Winter 2014.

I also enjoy Nisekoi and like it better than Chuunibyou as romance.

Mahou Sensou is disappointing.

Still waiting for Saki to kick ass in Zenkoku-hen.

Need more Squid & Takatoshi in Seitokai Yakuindomo.

I watch it for the Dekomori/Nibutani interaction, that's pretty much the only good thing left with some Kumin times. Rikka and Yuuta are still on the level of monocellular organisms.

And you are not the only one. Dekomori/Nibutani is the best in that show. So far the episode where Nibutani try to run as president is the best one. The rest is just meh.

Edited by Down
double post

I watch it for the Dekomori/Nibutani interaction, that's pretty much the only good thing left with some Kumin times. Rikka and Yuuta are still on the level of monocellular organisms.

And you are not the only one. Dekomori/Nibutani is the best in that show. So far the episode where Nibutani try to run as president is the best one. The rest is just meh.

Anyone else watching D-frag? I caught my friend watching it on his laptop and thought it was pretty hilarious.

Noragami looks... slow. I've skimmed through the first couple of episodes but my dedicated friend said that the plot and action took a while to pick up.

Space Dandy looks... it's loud and random humor. Haven't watched it thoroughly, but not my type of anime.

Another thing I've heard about is Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei.

94b5b499e0e597bda7873bae3c44063613937210

Looks to have a really vivid and glossy art style. Have no idea what it's about. Will go into it blind.

Anyone else watching D-frag? I caught my friend watching it on his laptop and thought it was pretty hilarious.

Noragami looks... slow. I've skimmed through the first couple of episodes but my dedicated friend said that the plot and action took a while to pick up.

Space Dandy looks... it's loud and random humor. Haven't watched it thoroughly, but not my type of anime.

Another thing I've heard about is Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei.

94b5b499e0e597bda7873bae3c44063613937210

Looks to have a really vivid and glossy art style. Have no idea what it's about. Will go into it blind.

I've been reading Mahouka's manga and it's really cool D:

Anyone else watching D-frag? I caught my friend watching it on his laptop and thought it was pretty hilarious

I started reading the manga for it.

It's way more entertaining. They won't even adapt one of the best chapters which is the deserted island one.

We also won't see Kazama's mother and Roka's little sister because of it as well as some other entertaining characters.

Last night i started reading Nisekoi's manga because I couldn't resist the wait. I'm already on chapter 45.

I have no regrets! 

It's way more entertaining. They won't even adapt one of the best chapters which is the deserted island one.

We also won't see Kazama's mother and Roka's little sister because of it as well as some other entertaining characters.

Last night i started reading Nisekoi's manga because I couldn't resist the wait. I'm already on chapter 45.

I have no regrets! 

I was going to start those two manga, you beat me to it.

How did Shinbo treat Nisekoi?

I was going to start those two manga, you beat me to it.

How did Shinbo treat Nisekoi?

Well the manga is as uneventful as the anime, i'm already on chapter 70 and as far as story goes it doesn't change much and i doubt it'll change in the near future either.

However it's not a bad manga if what you're looking for are uneventful romcoms. I find it entertaining and had my share of laughs too.

Tachibana best girl <3 screw Onodera and Chitoge.

D-frag however is 10 times better as a manga, i would definitely recommend you read. It gets even better after where the anime will probably end.

O.o Just how many girls did Raku fool around with as a kid?

I'll stay in the Tsugumi team though, or perhaps I'll side with Ruri when the time comes.

I had the exact same thought. You'll be surprised when you know. In fact it's a rather stupid premise and mostly useless in the story. But explaining further would be a spoiler.

I was team Chitoge and then Mari was introduced, and my life changed.

Awesome!  :lol: I look forward to reading it.

Now THAT is what I call a Saki episode.

hFQaSlg.png

I wish Saki was one of those long-running shows. There would be less rhythm issues to fit the right number of episodes and I would marathon that easily.

I was jumping off my chair when Saki finally awoke and did something.

Now this brings back the reason why I loved the first series. It was so refreshing to watch.

So, shows are starting to end, eh.

Gin no Saji S2: Liked that season two a lot. Characters are nice, the setting is still very pleasant, and the story going on with Hachiken and Mikage (and Tanba) was really well done. Truly good coming-of-age slice of life.

Witchcraft Works: Eh, not bad. I actually managed to finish it, so. Nothing standing out much, but not much to dislike either, I guess. Some good ideas.

Chuunibyou Ren: It's (fucking) nothing. Seriously. I had hopes that Satone's situation would be well handled, but no. We'll just make as if things got a conclusion while they never did. Same thing with Rikka actually. The author just doesn't know where he's going and what he is trying to say, the story is full running in circle. "We slowly progress", my ass.

Mikakunin's ending was rather pretictable. A little sad that it didn't go further but it was overall one of the best this season.

Had steady progression and interesting characters. Light hearted comedy and of course Kobeni<3

Really one of my favorites.

It's an 8/10 from me. Mostly for personal reasons. 

Chuunibyou Ren's ending was a total joke. I don't even want to comment further on how stupid it was.

I actualy got off my chair when

Rikka and Yuuta were about to kiss

Thinking that it'd actually happen, thinking there'd actually be some form of hope in this show aaaand NOPE. All hope was crushed.

The yaoi in the final episode was definitely the best part.

But what made me laugh was Yuuta's description about how their "relationship" "developed a lot" from holding pinkies to holding hands to hugging... IN ONE F#$%@ YEAR. Jesus christ.

Chuunibyou Ren gets a 6/10 from me at best. Total joke. One of the worst sequels I have ever seen. From a show that had so much potential, to total and utter garbage.

Imocho.. Ahh this show was so controversial. 

Honestly story wise it was really poor. The characters were even poorer.

Mitsuki was the worst out of all. A more annoying version of Kirino. And of course in the end everything stayed the same.

But then there's my guilty pleasure for imoutos which bumped this show's enjoyability a little. A 7/10 from me just because.

Edit:

So I just finished Mahou Sensou and I want to apologize for saying Chuunibyou Ren sucked.

Chuunibyou Ren was a godly anime in comparison to this thing.

The finale of Mahou Sensou is not even a finale, it made no sense whatsoever and even just the episode's development was one of the most retarded ones i've ever seen.

The overall series was garbage, jumping around in arcs and rushing for no apparent reason.

There was near 0 character development and so many plot holes you could make a graveyard with them.

There was never even a "magical warfare" just a bunch of flashing lights in the sky and that was pretty much it.

And in the last espisode

Tive travel out of freaking nowhere for no apparent reason and no explanation

Mahou Sensou is lucky to even get a 1/10

Anyone that's planning to watch this. Don't. Save yourselves the trouble.

Mahou Sensou is exactly on the same level, if not below, as 11eyes.

I cri everi tiem.

tdKzYHd.jpg

Kill la Kill just wrapped up, and it was a fun ride. Utterly stupid story mixed with some okay characters and good action. I'm hovering at about a 7-8/10

Batman said it was fun so it's probably an 11/10 in normal human beings scales.

Seriously though I think it was beautifully wrapped up. 

When you think things couldn't be more climatic, KLK outdoes itself every single time and that's what I loved the most about it. You can definitely see traces of TTGL in it with things escalating to a universal proportion in the end.

As long as you turn off your brain to watch it, it's a fun ride all the way through.

Easily a 9/10 if not a 10/10 from me. I just loved it, made me cheer for the characters all the time and the fight scenes were pretty cool too. 

If there's anything I could complain about it'd be the fact that I have no idea how the physics of the KLK universe work. But it's not like it matters! The best show from last season and one of the top shows to end this season as well.

I ended up going with a 7. Story made no damn sense to be honest. And I often found myself asking, "Well why didn't they just do that in the first place?" I looked at my other 7/10 shows and it fits right in with them. I value a story over everything else. If the story isn't there, it can't reach into the "Great" category that my 8/10's are. 

I watched it with the intention of just seeing random fighting scenes (most of them pretty epic) all over the place and pretty colors really.

I do agree the story isn't perfect, if anything it's rather ridiculous and completely blown out of proportion, but I was expecting that when I got into KLK. It's kind of the same way I judge To Love-ru, I go into it expecting ecchi and tons of fanservice and I get that done properly so I rate it highly for what it's trying to do.

In my opinon, KLK is just one of those shows you have to turn off your brain to watch and enjoy what it's trying to accomplish. 

Though it's not perfect by any means, but that's just like everything in this universe.

Except Shinobu, Shinobu is perfection.

Well I stayed up just to see this finale, that just proves how much I loved this show, now it's time to get some needed rest for tomorrow's stream. And of course the finale of Sakura Trick *sob* tears will be shed.

Mikakunin's ending was rather pretictable. A little sad that it didn't go further but it was overall one of the best this season.

Had steady progression and interesting characters. Light hearted comedy and of course Kobeni<3

Really one of my favorites.

It's an 8/10 from me. Mostly for personal reasons. 

Chuunibyou Ren's ending was a total joke. I don't even want to comment further on how stupid it was.

I actualy got off my chair when

Rikka and Yuuta were about to kiss

Thinking that it'd actually happen, thinking there'd actually be some form of hope in this show aaaand NOPE. All hope was crushed.

The yaoi in the final episode was definitely the best part.

But what made me laugh was Yuuta's description about how their "relationship" "developed a lot" from holding pinkies to holding hands to hugging... IN ONE F#$%@ YEAR. Jesus christ.

Chuunibyou Ren gets a 6/10 from me at best. Total joke. One of the worst sequels I have ever seen. From a show that had so much potential, to total and utter garbage.

Imocho.. Ahh this show was so controversial. 

Honestly story wise it was really poor. The characters were even poorer.

Mitsuki was the worst out of all. A more annoying version of Kirino. And of course in the end everything stayed the same.

But then there's my guilty pleasure for imoutos which bumped this show's enjoyability a little. A 7/10 from me just because.

Edit:

So I just finished Mahou Sensou and I want to apologize for saying Chuunibyou Ren sucked.

Chuunibyou Ren was a godly anime in comparison to this thing.

The finale of Mahou Sensou is not even a finale, it made no sense whatsoever and even just the episode's development was one of the most retarded ones i've ever seen.

The overall series was garbage, jumping around in arcs and rushing for no apparent reason.

There was near 0 character development and so many plot holes you could make a graveyard with them.

There was never even a "magical warfare" just a bunch of flashing lights in the sky and that was pretty much it.

And in the last espisode

Tive travel out of freaking nowhere for no apparent reason and no explanation

Mahou Sensou is lucky to even get a 1/10

Anyone that's planning to watch this. Don't. Save yourselves the trouble.

Mahou Sensou is exactly on the same level, if not below, as 11eyes.

I cri everi tiem.

tdKzYHd.jpg

Poor Mahou Sensou, I hope it burns in hell.

Chu2Koi: Awful ending.

Gin no Saji: I hope there's a 3rd season.

Golden Time: The ending was kinda deus ex machina, I liked it though *happy endings ftw*

Mikakunin: Damn it, I want a second season.

Noragami: It was ok.

Witch Craft Works: It was fun, although it seemed kinda short for me. I guess I'll keep reading the manga now.

Now I'm waiting for new anime while finishing the rest ;A;