Winter 2014 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Well, the first episode of Witch Craft Works was a bit intriguing. It seems like a mix of cliche elements with a bit of surprise in it, and I kinda like the mildly kitsch stuff (mechanical rabbits, the hero being called "Princess"...). There was one very well animated fight, too. The 3D animation stood out negatively at some moments though. I might keep going if it doesn't go full cliche.

The first episode of Buddy Complex wasn't that bad (at least it wasn't a clone of Valvrave/Gundam 0079/Seed/etc) but I'm not in the mood for big robots so I'll probably pass.

I have something like 10 shows I'm pretty sure I'll follow, so it'll take something good to convince me to follow it steadily.

I watched Noucome which was really fun but they stopped for no reason at episode 10

Golden time is quite nice too.

I'm quite anxious in starting new series, because I have very little proof that it'll be quality work.

Do you go full random ?

I'm quite anxious in starting new series, because I have very little proof that it'll be quality work.

Do you go full random ?

Usually I pick up for sure sequels and shows with an interesting staff or that adapt something I know (quite rare). Then I try out the other stuff for 1 or 2 episodes (except when it reaaally doesn't look interesting) and drop most of them along the way. 

I watched the first episode of the second season of Seitokai Yakuindomo. The intro was a bit long and not that great, but after that we're back for a weekly dose of penis jokes. I'm gonna enjoy it.

I have an odd feeling Nosebleed will absolutely love ImoCho.

Where did you get that idea? :ph34r: It's not like i've been anxiously waiting for this show for months now ever since it was announced. It's not like i love imoutos or anything.

God i had stuff to do and couldn't watch anything. I'm finishing downloading stuff now! 

Also downloading Seitokai Yakuindomo* episode one, more dirty jokes = win

Do you go full random ?

First i check the entire line up.

I always pick sequels to series i liked. If there's sequels i don't know i often check the prequel to see what it's like. Then i go by genre and story to see if it's something that i'll be interested in. I also check the producers and teams working on it to see if they're liable or have a good backlog. And then if there's any other i didn't see but i notice is getting a lot of hype i usually check some episodes to see what all the fuss is about (that's how i got into Kill la Kill). 

and all that engrish at the beginning...

If i can deal with Kiniro Mosaic's first episode i can deal with some engrish

I just finished ImoCho's first episode.

tumblr_majnvbtRfF1rthhn5o1_r1_500.gif

Mevvrynne's prediction wins.

I did NOT expect that high level of fanservice. That chastity belt is really inconvenient though. I feel like this show will have that awkward humor, Watamote style.

I'm looking forward to see some more plot development. And once again i have to eagerly await for the BD release to remove those censors

Just finished Seioktai Yakuindomo* now. My god that engrish in the beginning.

That gag using Suzu's head never gets old though. Suzu best girl.

I feel like they exaggerated that intro and made it more epic than it needed to be. Still nice to see they're still going by the old formula though. I'm sure i'll enjoy this series just as much as i did the last one.

One thing that bugs me though is the random usage of 3D models for students in the background. Maybe that's just me though.

I was going to watch Seitokai Yakuindomo for some time ago but I didn't do it so I do it now. From upcomming season I will watch for sure Seitokai Yakuindomo S2 (Is it like Seitokai no Ichizon?), Chuunibyou S2, Pupa (hope it will be better than Another, because Another was just funny I liked characters and all but they cut out the story, it should have 24 episodes or even more). Nobunaga The Fool this isn't second season or something like this? It looks interesting for me but I'll decide after two or three episodes if I watch all anime.

I was going to watch Seitokai Yakuindomo for some time ago but I didn't do it so I do it now. From upcomming season I will watch for sure Seitokai Yakuindomo S2 (Is it like Seitokai no Ichizon?),

Not even. Seitokai Yakuindomo = sex jokes, lots and lots of sex jokes.

Other than some sequels, I'll watch Nisekoi, Nourin, Sekai Seifuku, Wake Up, Girls! and Pupa. Is there any other show that's worth checking out?

Also Space Dandy looks so stupid to me and I don't really get why it's being hyped. If anyone would care to enlighten me that would be great.

Also Space Dandy looks so stupid to me and I don't really get why it's being hyped. If anyone would care to enlighten me that would be great.

It's hyped for its staff. Bones is one of the best animation studio of those last ten years, Watanabe directed Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo, and they hired tons of well-known animators and chara-designers that all will have an episode to do with new alien designs.

That being said, it might very well crash. I saw the first half of ep 1 that aired a few days ago and the humor fell pretty flat.

I'll be watching Witch Craft Works, as I've been reading the manga and is kinda cool. Mahou Sensou seems interesting, Gin no saji 2 is a must, I'll give it a try at Z/X Ignition too and the second season of Chuunibyou. No-Rin and Nisekoi are in my somewhat-want to see list, with Tonari no seki Kun and Inari konkon koi Iroha. Noragami might be good, although the description doesn't really get me interested, and I was reading the manga about that one of the imouto, and it isn't that bad. The rest of the season doesn't really appeal to me though :C 

Is anyone here watching Saki Zenkoku-hen ?

The first episode should be uploaded later today. Honestly i don't even get much of mahjong but still, it's for the yuri as well.

I'm in for the tanoshii, demon eyes, surnatural powers, friendshipping and yuri subtext. I ended up knowing a bit of mah-jong through other stuff but I don't think it's very relevant in Saki.

I'm in for the tanoshii, demon eyes, surnatural powers, friendshipping and yuri subtext. I ended up knowing a bit of mah-jong through other stuff but I don't think it's very relevant in Saki.

Glad i'm not alone in this. The friendships and all the characters with weird powers are my favorite thing in there as well. I can't wait for when the plot of Achiga-hen and the Saki main series plot meet up for the finals, i was so depressed when Achiga-hen ended right where Saki ended, finally that pain comes to an end tonight.

Edit:

Well i just finished the first episode. As expected it was pretty much an introduction to the whole new cast and the tournament lottery. So many cute characters, and somehow every team has at least one loli like character.

I swear to god i can't recall 3/4 of the characters. There's just too many names..

I'm also disappointed they didn't show Nodoka meeting Shizuno just yet.

Overall it was nice seeing all the old and new characters (Koromo best girl!) again, looking forward to the first match.

Okay, Sunday anime session. I didn't watch Nobunaga the Fool yet cuz I'm not in the mood for that.

Space Dandy 01: a bit disappointed. First half was bad, all the jokes fell flat (the robot is a terrible tsukkomi), nothing much redeeming either. Second half was much better. Finally the trippy animation and colors appeared, and the staff behind the thing let itself be known. Still, I hope it'll get better.

Saki Zenkoku-hen 01: I missed all this. The demon eyes, the tanoshii, the yuri, the fanservice, the epic moves. I should watch Achiga-hen through properly because I don't remember anything though.

Tonari no Seki-kun 01: 'tis a short show, but it's really funny. I remember doing this kind of shit in class too.

Noragami 01: Seems like a stock battle shounen powers thing, with some romance to expect. I'm not a fan of the genre, but I kinda liked it, so I might follow it.

So i gave Tonari no Seki-kun a go. Because there's always that really short show for when you're bored.

I recall doing so much of that stuff in class (though not as hyped up for obvious reasons). I feel sorry for the girl though.

These kind of simple short shows are the best to put a smile on my face. It was funnier than i expected.

Just finished Chuunibyou Ren episode 1

I'm sorry but am i the only one that thinks Nibutani got fatter?

dyl9.png

Also not a big fan of the new hair.

I think there'll be a new running gag with Kumin failing at comedy. Finally she gets an actual role aside from just sleeping all the time.

Nibutani's fights with Dekomori are still great

It was great seeing the Chuuni world again and the ridiculous fights with humongous weapons.

Looking forward to meet the new girl.