Winter 2014 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Mikakunin: I thought Hakuya would've got lots of chocolate for valentine's day, to spark some jealousy in Kobeni, but it didn't happen o:! It was a great chapter anyway xD

At least I wasn't the only one expecting this.

I love how his mood is only shown in the background and only Kobeni can see it. It's so cute.

I'm starting to catch up with my seasonal backlog.

Chuunibyou has serious writing issues. I mean, copying the first season on the second was already a bit much, but it doesn't stop there.

I didn't really care about the new character, but you don't introduce one then do nothing with it. In the same way, episode 4 basically developed a new kind of relationship between two characters, only to reset everything at the end. Nothing moved on. The issue of the beginning of the season (the relationship between Rikka and MC) is still there.

Well, TBH I don't expect more than some fun from this series and it more or less delivers, but I can't help to facepalm occasionally.

Nisekoi... Slooooooooooooooooooow. I'm already not very fond of love triangles/polygons, but I'm 4 episodes in and nothing moved. I think I'll drop this.

I gave a shot at D-frag, first two episodes made me laugh decently, but there are some tropes I've become allergic to, like the MC letting himself be abused endlessly despite looking tough. Not sure I'll keep up.

Eh, I've not much to say about other series I still pleasantly follow or have yet to catch up with, so this mainly looks like a rant post ^^"

Chuunibyou Ren actually did something. It actually had an event. Oh my god please tell me this isn't a dream.

6 months for Yuuta to ASK about holding hands. And now 

A kiss on the cheek!?

Wow Chuunibyou Ren. Wow i'm impressed (not really).

And the new girl is still nowhere to be seen. *sigh*

And of course

After Manaka came back

everything in Nagi no Asukara is pretty much ruined. Everyone goes back to being depressed and things are kind of returning to the way they were when the series began. Kaname is turning into a douche. He was a cool guy but when he lost his cool i really disliked it. 

But at least the series is progressing and the characters are FINALLY not obvlivious to their own feelings. The next episodes will determine how i feel about this series.

Let's count how many d*ck jokes Nourin has made so far.

Not easy to be funny when making penis jokes. But sometimes you get SYD or Gintama. Sadly Nourin is not in the same tier.

I've also catched up with Space Dandy, and episodes 4 and 5 were really great. Episode 6 a bit less, but the end makes it worth it. I'm actually starting to like it!

Also catched up with Kill la Kill. Holy shit. Things are getting into a whole new dimension. Lots of twists, even though they were a bit predictable.

Not easy to be funny when making penis jokes. But sometimes you get SYD or Gintama. Sadly Nourin is not in the same tier.

I've also catched up with Space Dandy, and episodes 4 and 5 were really great. Episode 6 a bit less, but the end makes it worth it. I'm actually starting to like it!

Also catched up with Kill la Kill. Holy shit. Things are getting into a whole new dimension. Lots of twists, even though they were a bit predictable.

I think what Nourin lacks is essence. The comedy feels very bland. Gintama was really hyped and the character's own quirks really elevated the humor to a whole new level. Nourin has none of that. SYD is SYD it was made to be about sex jokes and throwbacks to said jokes which you either get used to or don't. Nourin is trying to have a plot while at the same time having really bland sex jokes. That's how i feel about it.

Kill la Kill is getting more hyped than ever. I swear when this episode ended i wanted to flip my desk because i just had to know what's happening next. So many plot twists I can't even. I'm loving this second half even more than I loved the first just because the story picked up and has a much more clear direction.

And Satsuki's mom is still the most fabulous character in existence.

Why the hell can't I hate chu2 .. I mean I see that it's not great ... that the evolution of their relationship is stupidly slow... that the characters don't change and that some are totally forgotten. 

But I can't hate it ... I just like it ...

But please ... a kiss on the cheek ... after what ... +6 months ... GREAT SUCCES

Even every other character understands it's stupid.

I'm not sure if i'm going to keep watching or drop it.

I'm watching it because i never once dropped a series. But it's getting painful.

Am I the only one that always has this feeling of anguish while watching Wake Up Girls? I want to cheer for the girls so bad but when they fail it's so hard to watch. Poor Airi getting treated like garbage.

I'm about to drop Sakura Trick, the supportive characters have no development even though they are better characters, and the main characters are pretty annoying.

Zvezda was amusing, the way of conquering is not war nor faith, IT'S LOLI!

Chu2koi was good, if they cut the episodes 2,4 and 5 you get something really good.

I'm about to drop Sakura Trick, the supportive characters have no development even though they are better characters, and the main characters are pretty annoying.

Zvezda was amusing, the way of conquering is not war nor faith, IT'S LOLI!

Chu2koi was good, if they cut the episodes 2,4 and 5 you get something really good.

I won't drop Sakura Trick because all hail the yuri god. But i would like to see development in the supportive characters as well.

The fact that you need to remove all that from Chu2koi is what makes it bad. Even without them it's still pretty crappy. Needs more Satone badly.

D-frag is kind of good but it's also not so good. I don't even know how to put it. Sometimes it hits the mark and others it just fails completely.

I'm starting to catch up with my seasonal backlog.

Chuunibyou has serious writing issues. I mean, copying the first season on the second was already a bit much, but it doesn't stop there.

I didn't really care about the new character, but you don't introduce one then do nothing with it. In the same way, episode 4 basically developed a new kind of relationship between two characters, only to reset everything at the end. Nothing moved on. The issue of the beginning of the season (the relationship between Rikka and MC) is still there.

Well, TBH I don't expect more than some fun from this series and it more or less delivers, but I can't help to facepalm occasionally.

Nisekoi... Slooooooooooooooooooow. I'm already not very fond of love triangles/polygons, but I'm 4 episodes in and nothing moved. I think I'll drop this.

I gave a shot at D-frag, first two episodes made me laugh decently, but there are some tropes I've become allergic to, like the MC letting himself be abused endlessly despite looking tough. Not sure I'll keep up.

Eh, I've not much to say about other series I still pleasantly follow or have yet to catch up with, so this mainly looks like a rant post ^^"

As for Nisekoi, you might as well read the manga because its way better than the anime imo. Beware of the spoilers though.

I think what Nourin lacks is essence. The comedy feels very bland. Gintama was really hyped and the character's own quirks really elevated the humor to a whole new level. Nourin has none of that. SYD is SYD it was made to be about sex jokes and throwbacks to said jokes which you either get used to or don't. Nourin is trying to have a plot while at the same time having really bland sex jokes. That's how i feel about it.

Kill la Kill is getting more hyped than ever. I swear when this episode ended i wanted to flip my desk because i just had to know what's happening next. So many plot twists I can't even. I'm loving this second half even more than I loved the first just because the story picked up and has a much more clear direction.

And Satsuki's mom is still the most fabulous character in existence.

You is not the only one who want to flip tables and shit when that cliffhanger came around in Kill La Kill. Man its so intense!

Well I hadn't watched the new episodes of Tokyo Ravens, Golden Time, and Nisekoi yet but will in the future. 

Kill La Kill, why you troll so much in a good way that its awesome? Man if they don't release another episode soon, I'm flipping tables asap!

Nisekoi is boring that I'll rather read the manga more than anything or wait for the new chapter of Minamoto-kun Monotagari lol.

Sakura Trick, so much yuri kawaiiness! >___<

Strike The Blood is getting bland on how they end the arcs in the series but Kojou did had a lil threesome with Yuuma and Sumiya or whatever her name is lol.

I'm also starting on Say "I love you" and my thoughts is that its a really mature romance anime.

I just watched that. Loved it. And the show about that loli. Found it. "World Conquest Zvezda Plot"

Must watch that shizz

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Edited by Down
First time I actually saw a quadruple post iirc... Calm down...

Strike The Blood is getting bland on how they end the arcs in the series but Kojou did had a lil threesome with Yuuma and Sumiya or whatever her name is lol.

I can totally agree that the ending of each arc is getting bland. I feel like they're using the same template for each arc with different concepts and villains. The arcs themselves aren't bad and I really enjoyed the newest one but overall their conclusions are super repetitive.

Finally picked up with anime.

Chu2koi Ren was pretty awesome, it looks like a slice of life at last, dat ending <3

D-Frag was pretty funny, dat epic battle~ dat Roka, i get the feeling the director is only worried about making her look good.

Kill la Kill got even more fired up, i never thought it could get so serious(?) dat exhibitionist ninja nonon <3

Sakura Trick same old things, well technically there were less kisses this time. dat shizuku and her sunglasses...

Nisekoi was... better i guess, was that supposed to be an inverse trap? dat aim xD

I'm yet to watch the others luckily i'll watch them by this Thursday.

Nisekoi had its best episode so far this week IMHO.  It was laugh out loud hilarious and there was at least one trippy animation sequence(thanks Shaft!).  Just when I was thinking "Hum, this guy looks even more effeminate than Raku.". LOL  I don't really expect anything from the romance aspect of the show so maybe that's why I'm not disapointed by it.

Also, there was cameo of the main characters from Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun on the latest Hozuki no Reitetsu! Woot!

Kill la Kill continues to blow my mind, and Log Horizon remains solid.  Tonari no Seki-kun is proving rather amusing as well.  Pupa seems to be slowly revealing its storyline bit by bit, and I still need to watch the latest Chuu2-Ren episode.

A whole weekend with my internet down.. It was awful.

Finally caught up with most things.

Nisekoi is really hilarious. Honestly i'm not watching it for the romance because i already know if i do i'll just be disappointed. But i do enjoy its comedy and it legitemately makes me laugh. The new "guy" though.. 

Sakura Trick is still awesomeness in yuri format. Nothing much to say about that.

Saki doesn't feel like it'll end this season.. I feel like they're dragging the same match for too long now and i don't see them broadcasting the finals. Which is rather sad.

Imocho is.. pretty bad but the fanservice is what's getting me to watch it really. Mitsuki is one of the most spiteful characters ever though. Feels like an even bigger tsundere without the dere than Kirino.

WUG is something i'm actually enjoying. It just feels like it's taking itself seriously in some aspects although the overall feel is so gloomy.. But i'll cheer for these girls anyway!