Recommend me a VN :)

dannyboyswe

Hiya all the wonderful people here at Fuwa Forums :)

Now, I'm looking for a VN to read (IT HAS TO BE IN ENGLISH).

I haven't read a VN in like... yeah, almost 3 years.

I believe Clannad was the last one, which I read right after Kanon.

I'm a hopeless romantic. And I've always said that I'm a little girl trapped in a man's body.

I have no problems with my emotions, I rather have way to easy access to my emotions.

I cry like a baby to movies/anime/video games/visual novels if they get intense and emotional.

Cutting it short, I'm a big swedish (viking) guy with huge emotional problems.

Funny thing is I apperently strike people as intimidating (those I've asked for their first impressions of me), when I'm really just a whimpy girl at heart.

Enough about me.

My favorite VN's have probably been Kanon, One, Snow Sakura and Ture Love (it's old, but it still holds up, plus, it's the VN that got me started to even read VN's :))

I don't like nukige VN's (I don't know if it counts as nukige, but I read through Bazooka Cafe, and it was SO AWFUL!).

So, I like sappy love stories, and I like them set in "school life" for some reason (though it's not a must).

I perfer branching, since I love the feel that my decisions actually affects the story.

Last, and this might make me sound like a total perv...

I don't like nukige, but I don't mind relationships leading to sex at the end as a "pay off". Not that it's the goal of the story, but rather that it's a possibility (and I guess loli is ok to some degree, as long as it's consensual).

Hope there is anyone out there ready to recommend me a VN or two.

I know of the most VN's out there, at least the ones available in english, but I do need some guidence since I'm not quite sure where to start after all these years.

Grisaia is awesome. Really awesome. But it's quite bittersweet at some points. so I don't know if it's the best for you.

Romance isn't really my type of thing, but what about Symphonic Rain?  :ph34r: (ignore it for the same reasons as grisaia).

Now, seriously, why not check the other Key stuff? They tld Little Busters some time ago. There's also rewrite, but that's probably not what you're looking for.

LB focus isn't exactly romance either... But you'll like it. Probably.

Then there's my actual suggestions to your request. Try Hoshizora no Memoria and Katahane, for starters. Also. check out my "50 tld VNs" for some suggestions of other genres.

You should make a VNDB list and link to it, that makes giving recommendations much easier. :)

Air and Planetarian are both made by Key and both great, Rewrite is also really good but it's less love-focused than other Key VNs. Symphonic Rain has a similar feel to Key stuff, Katawa Shoujo is what has recently introduced a ton of people to visual novels. Muv-Luv + Muv-Luv Alternative have some romance, but the story and its presentation is where they really shine.

WOW!
These are all great recommendations!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH, GUYS!!!

And I also forgot to mention that I actually do like bittersweet VN's, and rather heart breaking stories.

(I'm a true romantic masochist)

I did have a list at VNDB, let me see if I can dig it up!

Oh, btw...

Since Bit-Gamer was my main source for VN's before (which got shut down a year ago).

Besides the torrent's here at FuwaNovel, is there somewhere else to go or has everyone resorted to using ThePirateBay?

(Please send me a PM if it's not OK to discuss this in this thread!)

Fuwanovel is a site that hosts VNs. Try clicking in "browse" at the main fuwanovel site- fuwanovel.net

This is only the forums, it's not all of fuwan :P

One I could cautiously recommend if you want something tragic is ef since I hear the last of the stories fits the bill. I say cautiously since I haven't finished the game myself (such a long backlog...) am only going based on hearsay.

Dramatic ones I can recommend but have no reviews for:

Private Nurse (not a nukige despite the title)

Crescendo

Yume Miru Kusuri

• 2 weeks later...

G-Senjou no Maou (Devil on the G-String)- Great and intense story full of mystery and unexpected plot twists, it will keep you on your toes. if you do not shed tears at the end of the main heroine's route you hav no heart, Lol.

As some has already pointed out, Yume Miru Kusuri ( A Drug that makes you Dream)- It's a school romance but with none of this cutesy nonsense, the routes have serious problems that need to be dealt with which lead to the birth of beautiful romance. It's a must read.

Ever 17, haven't read it yet but I have heard enough to know that it is worth it. Plus no sexual scenes meaning not need to lock the door when your playing (bonus).

All the VNs suggested already are all really good reads and are VNs that I'd also recormmend but I'd also like to add If My Heart Had Wings http://vndb.org/v9093

I think the art is really good and the story itself was funny and enjoyable. Though it won't really have you break down in tears, it is a fun and light VN to read.