Steins;Gate Crashing after Caution and Technical Issues

Exorate

Are you running your computer with Japan system locale? (link to instructions): Yes.

Game Name: Steins;Gate

Description of Problem: I have two main problems. One is when I run the game. Just after the Caution! screen fades out, the game crashes no matter what compatibility I've done. I managed to get through that by using troubleshoot compatibility, and then clicking 'Use recommended settings', and then 'start the program'; however, it only works if I do that even if I go into the properties and mimic the settings it suggests.

After that, after some time, the game doesn't recognize what I'm hovering my cursor over when selecting choices. By this, I mean when(let's say I hit the ESC key) I hover my cursor over yes, it switches back and forth between yes and no without my conscent and moving at a rapid pace you can't even keep up with.. I can try and get a video of this if you'd like.

Your Operating System: Windows 7
64 or 32 bit (link to how to find): 64x
What did you already try? (Uninstall/Reinstall, Redownload, Run as admin, etc): Uninstall/Reinstall, Redownload, Run as Admin, Run in Compatibility Mode, Troubleshoot, Run in 640x480 resolution.

Did you download your game from Fuwanovel?: Yes.

I've looked into the property a few times over the past couple of days and nothing really seems off. If there's any specific details you're looking for, could you please give me some detailed instructions?

To be honest, and I sound stupid for saying this, but I don't know how to clean my registry/uninstall it. Could you please tell me how to do that?

I recommend using C Cleaner to clear your unecessry registry entries.

Just download it, it's free. Open it and perform a clean. It won't delete important stuff don't worry I run it all the time.

Though that might not be the issue. Are your graphics cards drivers fully updated? Check for updates on your drivers' software.

Also you mentioned you tried running it at a lower resolution. The game's minimum resolution is 1024x576 if your computer settings are lower than that it won't work.

Another thing. Make sure you're not running a ton of stuff on the background as I'm sure S;G uses more resources than the average VN.

• 3 months later...

Hello there, I'm having exactly the same problem here, and I thought it was better to ressurect this topic than to create another one. I have a Windows 7 64bits and already tried everything the OP did - with the exception I can't run the game even in compatibility mode. I also cleaned my registry with CCleaner like the fellows up there suggested, but the game is still crashing. This also happens with the JAST USA version that I downloaded from Nyaa.

Thanks!