Violet Hill (DEMO released)

Helvetica Standard

Hello there people of Fuwa, My name is Linkman19 (call me Link) and I'm one of the Beta Testers/QCers of Violet Hill.

The reason as to why I haven't introduced myself previously here is mainly due to 2 reasons. Firstly I didn't have an account on here until just recently and Secondly Real Life has been a pain recently what with exams so I fell out of contact for a while with the rest of the team, but fortunately now I'm back and up to date.

Please look forward to more content from Red Lattice Studio in the upcoming future (Should hopefully be another update coming soon~)

• 3 weeks later...

Time to... TEASE #2!  >:3

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lcpxxs8q9wevby5/code%20test.mp4?dl=0

This is a short video showcasing several features that we are currently implementing.

While still a WIP, this code is fully functional and all that's left is to integrate it with the new script.

Leave your thoughts below and don't forget that we love you guys!

that looks really good! I don't know why but the map and the sound log system has a vibe of gabriel knight xD

keep up the amazing work guys!

Many thanks and glad you like it, stay tuned for updates! :D

I'm not familiar with Gabriel Knight, is it another OELVN? :o

Here they are, slaving away while we patiently wait.

Yup. This work is brutal. *sips on a tropical drink*

Now seriously, we have gotten used to our roles so the workflow is far smoother than before, it's still quite time consuming though.

Props to Alex who is a speed writing demon. He's at 150k words as we speak. XD

This is amazing :sachi:

Glad you like it. It's a WIP and the code is a bit rough around the edges but I assure you it will be a lot prettier when we release. :)

I meant to comment on this earlier. 

The new features are looking really awesome.  :o Was it difficult to implement? I'm assuming there had to be a lot of coding? (I'm a noob when it comes to Ren'Py)

Also, do you have an estimation of when we'll be able to play the next demo? Really looking forward to it.

Hello David! :D

The new features are looking really awesome.

Glad you like the new features. I pulled a couple of all nighters to get the coding done. :P

Since you guys like them, then the effort was worth it :)

Was it difficult to implement?

Ren'py can do a lot of stuff. Perhaps even more than it's accounted for. As long as you know your way with python
the possibilities are endless. :D

do you have an estimation of when we'll be able to play the next demo? Really looking forward to it.

Hmmm, it's difficult to say. Perhaps late September? But we can't make any promises, eh? ;)

I had no idea, but Violet Hill got a brief mention at this Italian article about visual novels.

Rough translation: "Scrolling the various topics will certainly return something interesting, like Violet Hill from Red Lattice Studios, Fatal Crescendo from Ian or Prank Masters from Lockvia"

Who'd guess?

I feel for Ian, even the Italian's are using the wrong letter at the start (it was meant to be a L, she was meant to be called Lan XD)

On a side note: congrats, more exposure! 

Just dropping in to say (^u^)7

Mouse! How are you mate? :P *brofists*

*Does the programmer bros. dance*

I had no idea, but Violet Hill got a brief mention at this Italian article about visual novels.

Rough translation: "Scrolling the various topics will certainly return something interesting, like Violet Hill from Red Lattice Studios, Fatal Crescendo from Ian or Prank Masters from Lockvia"

Who'd guess?

And the link is from Lemma's WIPs. Considering the sheer amount of projects listed there, it's awesome that we got a mention :D

We must be doing something right, right? XD

wXBodYx.png

Hello FUWA! RLS is recruting for Violet Hill project! :D

We are currently searching for a talented co-artist who can help Darksin out with character art.

Good art skills are expected since applicants will try and match the style and quality of our head artist.

We also need a SDCG artist. For those unfamiliar with the acronym, SD stands for "super deformed" which is commonly referred to as "chibi." Cuteness and neatness are an absolute plus, please send us your samples!

• 1 month later...

Well, since the rollback deleted a couple of our updates, I thought it'd be a good idea to post them again -_- but with more this time, hurray!

First up, my blog where I'll be talking about the development of Violet Hill on the writing side. My next blog, which I'll be releasing on Sunday, will be about outlining plot and how I structure things. >> Blog can be found here. <<

Next up, we plan on making our twitter page a bit more active, so if you wanna get in touch with us for more frequent updates (in theory) then please give us a follow >>here<<

Last and certainly not least: our tumblr page. We'll be posting updates there and, again, in theory, it's going to be the central hub of all things Violet Hill. Our home base website, if you will. That can be found >>here<<

Since I'm here, I should actually update with something rather than just shilling our various social media, so.... here ya go.

df0cca966e.jpg

25d1506e8c.jpg

88b6ac8e33.jpg

So, yeah! There's some Yuki Sprites! Maybe if you click on them you'll get a surprise? :o

In terms of writing updates... we'll probably have a common route demo out by the end of the year, all things permitting... then, the full game in 2016! (Hopefully even on steam!)

(•_•) / ( •_•)>⌐■-■ / (⌐■_■) Developer's behind the scenes: Art.  (•_•) / ( •_•)>⌐■-■ / (⌐■_■)

UNLdPqR.jpg

Well, it's my turn for doing the developer's corner, so... yeah, it's going to be about the art obviously.

Not much of a secret, but just a couple of sped up process videos of me drawing a character from Violet Hill:

Sketching/Lining: https://youtu.be/iNs0zH2D9xo
Colouring: https://youtu.be/PEgm9fIcsoA

(Forgive the quality of the colouring one, messed up the compression orz)

Cheers!

(•_•) / ( •_•)>⌐■-■ / (⌐■_■) Stay tuned for more Developer's secrets! (•_•) / ( •_•)>⌐■-■ / (⌐■_■)

Thanks! Yes, it is. If your picture only looks fine one way then it's not really correct. It's best if you keep inverting your workspace to make sure you're not doing anything wrong. Also, flipping and rotating your workspace makes it easier to draw certain strokes =)

I see. That makes sense. If I ever try to rise above my utter and complete lack of ability as an artist, I'll keep that in mind.

Completely unrelated, but I didn't notice until just now that your CC avatar blinks. I kept looking away from the screen and feeling like something was moving; then I would look back and nothing was.

Damn you, CC. Always manipulating people from the shadows.