Violet Hill (DEMO released)

Helvetica Standard

I played the demo, and here are some of my personal thoughts (they're not serious xD, just wrote some thoughts down as I played through it)

-First impression, sort of reminded me of Inception.

-It got me curious, wanting to find out what the awful memories were about.
-The insults to Rin, and her reactions had me chuckling xD.
-Honestly, I was quite clueless to the main character’s gender for awhile until Akane mentioned gentleman.
-I like the feature where we’re able to choose where to go. (also like the sound effect when you pick choices)
-Rin’s picture on the cellphone, Lol.
-Meeting Rin in his past memories perked my interest and made me curious what their connection was.
-Personally for me, the character head shots near the dialogue is distracting from the full body pictures (since the expressions are the exact same, I feel it’d be less distracting to just remove one or the other, but that’s just me).
-I was kind of surprised about how openly the characters talked to each other upon just meeting (but that's probably because it's bit different from the usual VNs I play).
-I liked Rin's feisty attitude ^^

-clap-

I played the demo, and here are some of my personal thoughts (they're not serious xD, just wrote some thoughts down as I played through it)

-Honestly, I was quite clueless to the main character’s gender for awhile until Akane mentioned gentleman.

-I like the feature where we’re able to choose where to go. (also like the sound effect when you pick choices)

-Meeting Rin in his past memories perked my interest and made me curious what their connection was.

-Personally for me, the character head shots near the dialogue is distracting from the full body pictures (since the expressions are the exact same, I feel it’d be less distracting to just remove one or the other, but that’s just me).

-I was kind of surprised about how openly the characters talked to each other upon just meeting (but that's probably because it's bit different from the usual VNs I play).

-clap-

You too are a fellow Rin lover. Welcome aboard.

-clap-

Love that avatar. Yeah, and thanks for the feedback :D I keep bringing up Inception when talking about the project, as well ^_^

Keep up the good work guys, and let me know if you want me to play more of this game:

Yes do play more :o

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Main post has been updated! There's a little surprise there for you guys.

We're looking forward to your continued feedback!

Warm regards from Red Lattice Studio :)

Too many images 0/10

Not enough violet(a) 0/10

Can't use F3 0/10

My mobile (potato) phone can't handle it 0/10

Overall 9/10 OP post.

And yes. I've, in the meanwhile, finished the demo and enjoyed it thoroughly. I'll probably write up something more detailed later, maybe. Hopefully.

Helv already took care of my introductions, that's a pretty apt description, alright.
But since tis is also my entry post to the forums, I thought I'd talk a bit more 'bout myself though.

Let me see, I love all things moe, a bit of mecha and I've been writing for 8 years or so. I generally just love writing about slice-of-life, romance and weird occurrences in everyday settings. (So basically I'm just copying Haruhi, chuunibyuoki and stuff like that) Though whenever I look back, I realize I always start more than I end up finishing. But I still love all of my characters, and that's what I really want to do with writing, just express their feelings. This project definitely seemed like it could deliver in that department, so I've got high expectations on that!

I try to keep my self-promotion to a minimum, but if you're interested in what I've made prior to this, you can probably dig up the link from my profile... (I don't think I'd run into anyone who has played my games before, anyway.)

Still, excited to be on board, i don't think I've ever been on a project that would fetch over 200 replies on its thread. So, send me your questions, hatemail, fanmail and even crazy requests. 

Actually had to make another account because I just happened to forget my old password and we all know how sites these days want a arm and a leg to get that kinda crap back.

ANYWHO! I'd like to join in on this if possible. I'm still playing the demo, about half way through from what I can guess just off where I am and where it's going from here. I can say that I have a few things that bother me in the demo to date, but I think that can all be fleshed out over a bit of editing and such. I do like the art for the most part, but I had a odd bug where for some reason my game wouldn't show the sprites and I had to restart my PC for it to come back up with them all. Haven't had the problem since then, but that's just an odd bug I had so far.

No real experience with this kinda thing, but I can do pretty much everything except Art and Sound. Hope you guys write back to me!  

Ciao!

Edit: Uhhh.. After looking through the posts here I found out that I was just using the 1.0 when there was already a 3.0. I feel kinda dumb now. :wacko:  

Why, please do. In fact, I'd love it if you did a voiced commentary with your elegant European Portuguese accent ◔‿◔

It's hopeless. If there's anything I'm bad at is at writing my impressions. On the other hand, I have no objections to the commentary part so this is what you're going to get.

Just my impression but you said in the FAQ that the location and time period are set in Japan right?

But the background give me the feeling I'm more like in England. And I hardly saw any Japanese letters through the demo. 

Anyway, the story does catch my interest. Would be best to read this on rainy days.

Just my impression but you said in the FAQ that the location and time period are set in Japan right?

But the background give me the feeling I'm more like in England. And I hardly saw any Japanese letters through the demo. 

Anyway, the story does catch my interest. Would be best to read this on rainy days.

While this is a technical limitation that comes from using photo manipulation for BGs, there is an in-story explanation as well.

The architecture of Violet Hill was actually influenced by western culture, it's like a special quirk of Aoki's hometown. 

Hello FUWA. Helvetica Standard here. :)

I'm just passing by to say hello and to thank you for all your continued support and feedback. 

It really means the world to us so stay tuned. We are alive, kicking and making progress!

A small update: A new member joined our ranks! can you find out who? check our new staff board!

designed by yours truly, of course. :P

Kind regards. Helvetica Standard.

Z1FvjOP.png

Curses! I've been spotted!

Uh, I mean, hello to all! I have been informed that I am supposed to introduce myself here as an official writer for the Red Lattice team, so... I guess I've done that now. Huzzah! Helv also said that I should provide some sort of information about myself as well... Hmmm... Okay. I'm an English teacher, my eyes are different colours, I'm an advocate for the telling of stories, and I love lasagne.

To give you an idea of some of the sorts of things that I can and do write, you can check out https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o8i7uk8bnkfakfv/AACq_3DjH-TzNLIg0Z_n7wiTa?dl=0

In theory that should work. If not, sorry - Dropbox is a reasonably new thing for me to use.

And...that's all from me. Bye!

Sorry to intrude, just realized I never let you know that Helvetica has dev PM permissions. AKA: you have free posting access to the Project Updates and Help Wanted blogs. We're still implementing them onto the Fuwazette news blog and the reviews hub, but I've got big plans for them : P

Updates Blog: http://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/blog/18-dev-boards-updates/

Help Wanted Blog: http://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/blog/21-project-recruitment/

Hello all, I've been asked to introduce myself... I don't really know what to say here, so I'll keep it brief.

I'm Alex/Omega, I've been writing for a significant portion of my life though I've never shared anything I've written that I can remember. Then one day I read Muv Luv Alternative, and I decided that I wanted to share my creations with the world in the visual novel format.

One thing lead to another, and I'm now (and have been for a wee while) a writer for Violet Hill. I have a lot of faith in this project and the creativity of the people working on it, so I hope any lurkers will keep watch for when we complete the game!

-Alex/Omega

P.S: I don't really want to self promote myself here but I'm always open to writing, editing, helping bounce ideas, or even just making friends in the community! So feel free to PM =]

• 3 weeks later...