New Fate/Stay Night anime preview(yes, it's ufotable)

eclipsezero

Ok, you got me with the "I think that considering who are the Fate/Zero fans and the Type-Moon fans" but the Fate anime was disappointing in my opinion, the scene where Seiba said "In the end, there's something i must tell you..." is mostly the reason why i like Seiba, but the voice acting was poor and they even changed the soundtrack, that was a huge disappointment  

i think a Fate 2006 would be refreshing to a lot of fans

EDIT AFTER READING KAGUYA'S POST: fine go ahead with you HF  <_< , i'll just go and re-read Fate

Gotta pray that Urobutcher will have his part here, too. If he could get related to this somehow, we would have one of the most awesome anime adaptations ever, since he's the master of deconstruction. Gotta love how he is also definitely on the side of those who consider happy stories to be unrealistic, to the point where he has actually suggested that Lighter and Softer stories, by definition, contradict the laws of nature and are therefore difficult to write and impossible to believe. 

"I have nothing but contempt for the deceitful thing men call 'happiness', and find myself with no choice but to push my characters, whom I pour my heart and soul out to create, into the abyss of tragedy."

Ahem. Gonna stop before my fangirl-ism level goes off the charts. I hope this will be a masterpiece.

Gotta pray that Urobutcher will have his part here, too. If he could get related to this somehow, we would have one of the most awesome anime adaptations ever, since he's the master of deconstruction

I don't see how he would get into this project, since he's a writer, not a script adapter, and the story already exists. It might add to the hype but it's already quite high as it is.

I want to see the Kara no Kyoukai staff on this though. Especially that guy who directed Mujun Rasen. Those guys know how to make an adaptation.

And please don't say deconstruction, I would have to end up trying to explain why Madoka didn't "deconstruct" anything and why this word is misused and that would make me unhappy ;_;

I don't see how he would get into this project, since he's a writer, not a script adapter, and the story already exists. It might add to the hype but it's already quite high as it is.

I want to see the Kara no Kyoukai staff on this though. Especially that guy who directed Mujun Rasen. Those guys know how to make an adaptation.

And please don't say deconstruction, I would have to end up trying to explain why Madoka didn't "deconstruct" anything and why this word is misused and that would make me unhappy ;_;

I may actually agree with you on Madoka. There's still Saya no Uta, Fate Zero and Psycho Pass, though.

I know that there's almost no way of him getting involved into this, but it would be so awesome <3

and yeah, seeing the KnK staff here would be pretty cool. 

More random stuff trying to support HF- Both UBW and Fate are different sides of a coin, where together, they make Fate, which basically deconstructs heroism. However, they already did that with Fate Zero, so it would be better if they showed HF- which is one answer to the question posed in Fate and UBW of how Shirou should live. Since heroism was already deconstructed with FZ and they don't need to do it again.

I may actually agree with you on Madoka. There's still Saya no Uta, Fate Zero and Psycho Pass, though.

Eh, well, it's just that I tend to snap when people talk about topics like Urobuchi, Shinbo, Madoka, etc... I'm less sensitive about those other works >_>

The thing is, I keep seeing people talking about deconstruction but no one was ever able to explain me what they meant by that. Not even google. 

Eh, well, it's just that I tend to snap when people talk about topics like Urobuchi, Shinbo, Madoka, etc... I'm less sensitive about those other works >_>

The thing is, I keep seeing people talking about deconstruction but no one was ever able to explain me what they meant by that. Not even google. 

It's a very broad term, so I'll just explain how we're using it here- For example, Fate Zero deconstructs Heroism because it takes it apart, showing it's actual meaning and consequences as well as it's relevance to us in real life. Often a deconstruction is a sci-fi/fantasy trope that actually shows "how would this play out with real life consequences applied to it?"

For example, in D&D, when a cleric reaches fifth level, he gains the ability to cast create food and water. Normally, the impact this would have on a society (especially a medieval one) is completely ignored. A Deconstruction would explore how a society would react to that ability.

So madoka may or may not be a deconstruction of it's own genre- I don't know about magical girls so I don't know if it actually deconstructs it.

It's a very broad term, so I'll just explain how we're using it here- For example, Fate Zero deconstructs Heroism because it takes it apart, showing it's actual meaning and consequences as well as it's relevance to us in real life. Often a deconstruction is a sci-fi/fantasy trope that actually shows "how would this play out with real life consequences applied to it?"

For example, in D&D, when a cleric reaches fifth level, he gains the ability to cast create food and water. Normally, the impact this would have on a society (especially a medieval one) is completely ignored. A Deconstruction would explore how a society would react to that ability.

I often was under the impression that what people meant by "deconstruction" was "taking a genre and adding a twist to it". This makes more sense, although I think in many cases, it would easily lead to issues about stating that a fiction is "closer to real life" than another. But, although I find using that specific word a bit weird, I get the meaning.

So madoka may or may not be a deconstruction of it's own genre- I don't know about magical girls so I don't know if it actually deconstructs it.

With that definition, "deconstructing the magical-girl genre" doesn't make sense anymore, because the genre is already deeply anchored in a closeness to real-life. To which we can add that Madoka doesn't take a trope make it evolve in a way different than usual: rather it includes a twist in it (the Faustian contract).  So, no, can't really say it deconstructs it. Actually, it's the reverse: because of its graphic choices, Madoka is further distant from reality than most magical-girl shows.

I often was under the impression that what people meant by "deconstruction" was "taking a genre and adding a twist to it". This makes more sense, although I think in many cases, it would easily lead to issues about stating that a fiction is "closer to real life" than another. But, although I find using that specific word a bit weird, I get the meaning.

With that definition, "deconstructing the magical-girl genre" doesn't make sense anymore, because the genre is already deeply anchored in a closeness to real-life. To which we can add that Madoka doesn't take a trope make it evolve in a way different than usual: rather it includes a twist in it (the Faustian contract).  So, no, can't really say it deconstructs it. Actually, it's the reverse: because of its graphic choices, Madoka is further distant from reality than most magical-girl shows.

Don't worry. Staff members don't derail threads, remember?  :ph34r:

Now, going back to the actual topic- the trailer doesn't give any useful info on which route they're taking, since they're just taking videos from other places. From what I saw there, I think they may actually do UBW, even though I'm rooting for HF.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, according to the latest Type-Moon Ace issue, (see MAL topic), it will be none of the three routes.

The scenario will be an original one, supervised by Nasu, centering more on Shirou (how's that even possible?), close in tone with Fate/Zero. Director is the one of the sixth Kara no Kyoukai movie (the weakest one). There will be new designs, more modern (understand, even more bland).

The fact that Nasu is supervising the shit and that they didn't AGAIN put Urobuchi on the writing is probably the only good news about this. Not sure what to expect anymore...

Well, according to the latest Type-Moon Ace issue, (see MAL topic), it will be none of the three routes.

The scenario will be an original one, supervised by Nasu, centering more on Shirou (how's that even possible?), close in tone with Fate/Zero. Director is the one of the sixth Kara no Kyoukai movie (the weakest one). There will be new designs, more modern (understand, even more bland).

The fact that Nasu is supervising the shit and that they didn't AGAIN put Urobuchi on the writing is probably the only good news about this. Not sure what to expect anymore...

I'm all up for the super focus on Shirou. It's like kaminomi- you don't watch it for the heroines, you watch it to see keima being awesome. Everything else is just an extra. 

Let's hope that the new designs aren't that bland. Though that's more of a prayer than anything. 

Well, I'm waiting for it~

A narcissist route about Shirou, that's going to be fun.

I'm all up for the super focus on Shirou. It's like kaminomi- you don't watch it for the heroines, you watch it to see keima being awesome. Everything else is just an extra. 

Let's hope that the new designs aren't that bland. Though that's more of a prayer than anything. 

Well, I'm waiting for it~

Kaminomi's heroines are pretty cute though~ so cute i can't have a favor... nevermind that's derailment. 

A narcissist route about Shirou, that's going to be fun.

Kaminomi's heroines are pretty cute though~ so cute i can't have a favor... nevermind that's derailment. 

It's probably not going to be narcisssist, seeing as how Shirou is the definition of selfless. Looking forward to Archer's armor-piercing questions.

It's actually not confirmed that it'll be an original route yet, just that it'll have original scenes.

But if it is an original route I hope Saber won't be Shirous love interest (or if she is that her original romance is scrapped and completely rewritten). She's like 20 years older than Shirou at least. A role as the second protagonist and mentor to Shirou fits her much better instead of whatever the crap we got in the original Fate route.

It's actually not confirmed that it'll be an original route yet, just that it'll have original scenes.

But if it is an original route I hope Saber won't be Shirous love interest (or if she is that her original romance is scrapped and completely written). She's like 20 years older than Shirou at least. A role as the second protagonist and mentor to Shirou fits her much better instead of whatever the crap we got in the original Fate route.

While I don't think age is an issue in this kind of thing and that Saber's emotional age is way lower than it should be anyway, I don't think Saber is an interesting heroine. Sakura ftw!

I don't think Saber's emotional age is that low though she is just written very inconsistently. Nasu admitted in an interview recently (last year or so) that he fucked up pretty badly when it comes to Saber's romance and said that he would have done it differently if he did it now so I'm going to hold him to that promise >_>

I think that Saber can be plenty interesting as long as her problems aren't centered around Shirou but yeah Sakura is my fav heroine by far and one of my fav characters ever in fact so yeah Sakura FTW

(Though she'll probably be shafted in this adaption too ;_; )

• 5 months later...

GET. FUCKING. HYPED.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=znNc6iITDPc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X7JEFF9mvs

2-cour anime this Fall will be UBW. But they're also making a movie (or several) out of Heaven's Feel.

Ufotable, best idea in the world.

Would be great if it was a full series about UBW, yes we had the movie but the movie felt more like a short recap of the VN route. UBW is best route anyways. At least it doesn't look like it's a HF series, not a Sakura fan.

It is a full series on UBW. The film ufotable is making is Heavens Feel. They aren't adapting fate because of respect to Deen if my sources are correct.

It is a full series on UBW. The film ufotable is making is Heavens Feel. They aren't adapting fate because of respect to Deen if my sources are correct.

I doubt it's a question of respect, as Deen made an UBW movie too.

It's just that making yet another Fate adaptation would be A LOT of F/SN.

Instead Type-Moon will make the Fate route of the VN free on smartphones for the duration of the broadcast of the UBW anime.