Introducing... FuwanViewer!

ilegend

Hey guys.. So recently I've been spending my free time making a neat little program that allows you to view information of the VNs hosted here on Fuwanovel without having to actually browse the page itself.

Despite having to not need to go to the main site when you have this program, you shouldn't abandon the site completely! I haven't had the time to add the torrent links to the program so this will be considered in the next update~

Here is the download link: <link redacted> (dead)

I haven't really tested it for bugs and stuff, but as far as I know, it works great on my laptop.

Do tell me what you think of it as I plan to evolve this mini-project should I receive enough feedback and I have enough time to spare.

Cheers

Uwaaahh... Pretty cool. Gives me better info about fuwanovel collection so far...

To run this software, i need to install .NETFramework 4.0 first. and, it's work...

ss%2520%25282012-11-07%2520at%252009.34.41%2529.jpg

About bug... still haven't find yet. Maybe you can add "sort by name" and "sort by rank/popularity/score" later.

Good job, like this...

Uwaaahh... Pretty cool. Gives me better info about fuwanovel collection so far...

To run this software, i need to install .NETFramework 4.0 first. and, it's work...

ss%2520%25282012-11-07%2520at%252009.34.41%2529.jpg

About bug... still haven't find yet. Maybe you can add "sort by name" and "sort by rank/popularity/score" later.

Good job, like this...

Oh right, I forgot to mention that you need to have at least .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile installed for it to run, other than that I'll consider the sort by name and rank/popularity/score suggestion!

The functionality of the program is limited to the functionality that fuwanovel is able to provide. I'll try to see what I can do B)

I was thinking if you can switch to a mode where it displays a collage of images from the site, that way, they can browse by image instead of by name.

Good point! It would be useful for people who recognize a character's face but don't know the name. That being said, loading a lot of images at once is going to be epic slow, I'm not sure how to alleviate that :huh:

I was thinking if you can switch to a mode where it displays a collage of images from the site, that way, they can browse by image instead of by name.

Wow awesome idea. Handy tool for sure!! great job ilegend!!

This is amazing. all that info just a click away.

Having it display images would be amazing but I agree with ilegeng, it would make it very laggy and slow. Now, keep in mind i have ZERO programming experience so i dont know if there is a workaround for that, but it would be frustrating for people, especially for people with slow computers.

Anyway, hats off to you man, amazing work!!

Note: For all future updates of FuwanViewer, you can use the same link above to download it unless I add another link.

Current version: 1.1

If you have any ideas as to how to make the program better, feel free to share it here with me so I can consider it. :)

Maybe it might be possible to download the images once the first time you view a particular VN. After that, subsequent loads will retrieve the image from cache, provided the images don't change..

The version numbering was nothing really serious. I felt like doing so as it seem like fun :lol:

Version 1.2: <link redacted> (dead)

Guys, I recommend you all to try out this new version of FuwanViewer!

Sorry for nagging like this, I haven't got around to implementing an auto-updating function yet.

Anyways, cheers to browsing Fuwanovel with ease!!

* Hopefully this version clears up any other possible bugs it might have *

Version 1.2

# Fixed a bug when clicking on the torrent link before the VN details have finished loading causes an exception to be thrown

+ Added file error checking to ensure the integrity of torrent files and images.

- Removed Pop up box whenever a torrent is downloaded. Now it is displayed directly on the window.

* New feature: Images are directly downloaded and cached in the Images folder, thus speeding up subsequent image loading times.

* New icon (64x64) over the previous icon (16x16)

Version 1.2: https://dl.dropbox.c...FuwanViewer.zip

Guys, I recommend you all to try out this new version of FuwanViewer!

It looks really, really good!

This is cool on a PC, but it flows almost like a mobile app. Maybe we're watching the birth of the Fuwanovel app?

congratulations! New Version released \(^ ^)/

Fuwanovel app? whoa, cool... i wonder if someone can developed something like that -based on fuwanViewer- for mobile device.

also why is my site so slow, the images load so slowly....

Same here, each picture is only 100-200kb (800*600). But now it can saved the picture data and download torrents too. Good work!

sometimes, i clicked "download torrent file" twice cause there's no notification like "downloading, please wait". it's only changed when download is complete.

the problem is when you clicked it twice, this error message appears.

Error message

Same here, each picture is only 100-200kb (800*600). But now it can saved the picture data and download torrents too. Good work!

sometimes, i clicked "download torrent file" twice cause there's no notification like "downloading, please wait". it's only changed when download is complete.

Error message

Ive noticed siginificant lag today. The site is taking longer to load, I thought it was just me.

Error message

I'll have a look into it now.. For now, use the earlier version of FuwanViewer..

EDIT: Here's a quick fix: <link redacted>

Cease all old versions (especially v1.2) of FuwanViewer and surrender them all now! Just kidding

Cool it can download torrents now.

btw the email bug report idea, is that implementable?

also why is my site so slow, the images load so slowly....

Yeah, if it's sending the mail straight to your email address it should be easier. Just let me get to the end of this week before I start.. Schoolwork's been catching up to me :(

I was going to ask if we had sufficient bandwidth for this, but looks like the issue surfaced already... you should cache the downloaded information whenever possible.

Yea I was going to try that, and that means having to redownload the information once every while (probably weekly) as translation progress and the like gets updated.. :o

Version 1.2.2: <link redacted>

This version includes a feature requested by Aaeru: Bug Reporting.

You can go to the option by clicking the "Option" button and then "Send a Bug Report". Send the bug report using this feature and Aaeru will get back to you when she feels like it

The bug report is useful for people who encounter problems when trying to play their VN from Fuwanovel and do not wish to create an account on the forums just to ask for help.

Images and Torrents are cached in your %appdata% folder. So if you wish to view your images and torrents just click on the "Browse Main Folder" button under the Options Menu. You can also manually clear the images and torrents cache under the same menu if you want to redownload broken or corrupted images/torrents from Fuwan.

Enjoy!

Edited by ilegend
New Release

• 2 weeks later...

Useful indeed.

2 little things I would love to see there:

-indicator of what has been released on fuwanovel and what is still upcoming in the main list, if you can get that information.

-download AND open torrent file option :)

nothing really necessary as you can get the info by few clicks, but it would make it more comfortable :P

Tried version 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 and got this error message:

"Could not find setting.txt"

Is this just me?

It would be great if the VNs can be launched from here, like after downloaded the options of "download torrent" become "Read VN" or something. Just some ideas.

Other than that I tried Version 1.0 and have no problem, great job.

Tried version 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 and got this error message:

"Could not find setting.txt"

Is this just me?

It would be great if the VNs can be launched from here, like after downloaded the options of "download torrent" become "Read VN" or something. Just some ideas.

Other than that I tried Version 1.0 and have no problem, great job.

Yep happened to me as well, I just went to %appdata% and created folder "FuwanViewer" (without quotes).

Solved the issue. [oh also run it as admin so it can create the file itself]