Fate Stay Night pop up errors

savy15012

I have tried downloading the Fate Stay night torrent file, and I can not get it to open. I am not any kind of computer person at all, but I have changed my locale to Japan, and made sure the file was not read only. When I try to open the Fate file I getting two blue boxes that pop up, and if I try to open the Fate.exe.console file it says torrent is not valid bencoding?? I have no clue what that means. I so please help if you can! I run on a Windows 7

^ This. You need a torrent client in order to open a .torrent file

Personal suggestions:

uTorrent

BitTorrent

Deluge

Download the .torrent file and open it with one of those.

Make sure all the files are selected when it prompts you to download them and click Ok.

Wait for the files to download and when they're done check the directory where they were saved and run your game.

Looks like a locale error.

First, right click the torrent in utorrent and select "force re-check" to rule out any corruption.

Then open control panel, Region and Language settings and under Administrative tab change system locale to Japanese, restart your PC.

Launch the game using Fate.exe (fate.exe.console.log is a simple log file containing only text).

Same error: https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/1262-trouble-running-fate-stay-night-solved/

1) Make sure the folder and files aren't Read Only (Right click folder, make sure Read Only isn't ticket or filled, then apply to all files)
2) Try renaming the folder savedata to savedata_bak and try running the game again.

I remember having the exact same issues when I tried installing and playing F/SN.  Eventually I had to give up and wasn't able to play for 2 years, when I decided to try downloading again on a different computer.  This time, however, it came pre-installed and gave me no issues when trying to open it.

Okay so this is the first Visual Novel I'm installing, I just finished torrenting it(using utorrent) and when I opened it it showed all the files....So I really need help on what to do next....(Ps: I'm using windows 8 on the desktop app, and i've set my region to Japan...) Help would be very much appreciated. Oh and so~do I need to use a program like winrar and do I have to extract any of the files(and how?) Sorry~I'm such a beginner... 

So I clicked two of the Fate icons(The one with 2,810 kb and the Fate.exe.console) When I clicked the one with the 2,810 kb it showed a blue screen, and these random windows like "translated by mirror moon" and for the Fate.exe.console it just opened up as a text document...And I tried clicking the other icons and it said "unable to find software for the selected files"

To get rid of the blue screens and the random pop ups make sure your files are not read only

Select all files in the directory > right click > properties > uncheck read only

Also make sure you are NOT seeding the torrent.

There's only one executable file which was the one you first ran (the one that was 2,810 kb). Don't try to run anything else.

Okay so I'm not seeding or anything....However I did what you told me to do, but I'm slightly confused so its not suppose to be filled in either, Cause when I uncheck the the properties the filled in square fills it in...Maybe its just my system's problem...But anyways, I did get the blue screen again, and still the black screen didn't appear behind it... So....I will just send a pic of what the error looks like soon then...Sorry for not being clear. Oh and do you know how long it typically takes to finally start up this game....Thank you in advance

Okay I did what you told me to do @REtransInternational but still the same thing popped out D: Could it be because I am using a window 8 desktop? So this is what the error looked like: s1293.photobucket.com/user/blackjackotaku/media/Screenshot6_zpsbaa02482.png.html  So can you guys explain what I did wrong this time...Thanks again

That's the same error the person that posted this thread has and it can be fixed like i said or like Luch or REtransInternational said

1) Make sure the folder and files aren't Read Only (Right click folder, make sure Read Only isn't ticket or filled, then apply to all files)
2) Try renaming the folder savedata to savedata_bak and try running the game again.

If the files aren't read only it should look like this

(using Hoshimemo as an example as i don't have Fate/Stay Night installed atm, also ignore the Portuguese OS)

2SEXXnu.png

1apb7s8.png

THANK YOU!Its finally working! (It was my norton 360 who earased a file, but I restored it) Again, Thank you everyone ^^(sorry for being a dummy)

Glad you figured it out.

For future references there's plenty of VNs that get false positives by certain antivirus, always make sure your anti virus did not pick up anything.