Annoying Text Windows

God of Conquest

Hi everyone.  Wow, it's been a while!

Right now I'm reading Fate/Stay Night.  I'm enjoying it immensely, but would enjoy it much more immensely if the text window didn't cover most of the screen:

screen01.jpg

I much prefer a smaller window at the bottom of the screen, i.e. how Key does things:

Kanon_nayuki_screenshot.jpg

Is anyone else bothered by the size of the text windows in some VNs?  Anyone have an idea how to reduce the size?

That's just the way it is, it depends purely on the game and its presentation of its dialogue and story.

It makes a lot of sense in F/SN especially because there's tons upon tons of info-dumping happening, so the NVL text box is just way more useful in that case (the other one is called ADV). Like Kaguya said it's just typical for Type-Moon games, and is more common for older games as well, There's no real way to change it apart from taking the text and making it work with a different engine (a task no one will likely ever take upon himself with the length of F/SN).

I agree the NVL type fits this better in this because of the large amounts of information. 

If you used ADV it'd just be cropped sentences after cropped sentences and you might even lose track of the beginning of the sentence at some point.

Besides you can make the text box invisible if you want to check out the CG. It's not something that bothers me that much.

It actually helps for more descriptive stuff.

Most older VNs are like this too, it's just a fact and I guess it was easier to program at the time.