DayZ Alpha / Early Access

Kendjin

Watched JP play on his stream for a while today but I really didn't see any improvements from the mod, still same buggy game (actually even more buggy, people sliding through textures, hammers making gun noises and dead bodies moving on the ground).

Same problems that discouraged me from playing the original mod. Well its still alpha or beta so they have time to fix it. And they better fix it before release. The idea is great but the execution is just not there yet, its not even about technology, technology is way beyond what is needed for this now, there are ways to handle even bigger worlds with even more people so not sure what the problem is, they shouldn't even have the limitations of the old engine since its now independent... I guess they just don't have the best programmers in the world~

I got it so I can bug report the hell out of it. In the slim hope we end up witha decent release product.

In response to the small quantity of games. I tend to not keep games installed I am not currently playing :)

That sounds about right, why list all the games you don't have installed if you aren't playing them.

Even when they get over the bugs in the alpha stage

Then there comes the beta release (which i seriously hope they make instead of pushing the game as a final release full of bugs)

And only then can we think about a full product.

I can see this game taking another 2/3 years depending on the time/fund management

I remember back when it was 0.1.4 (?i think) and there was BARELY any zombies to be seen anywhere and everyone was screaming their pants off in voip because none knew anything about how the game worked and none had any idea how to kill them since axes and stuff didnt exist back then, only guns worked on them. 

It has come a very long way from 1 man working on it.