Little Busters! CE (PSP)

It's not as simple as it sounds.

First find someone to hack into the PSP version of LB, then ask the TL team for the scripts and then someone has to insert them into the PSP version of the game. How hard this process will be i have no clue. It'd probably involve translating the entire game from scratch however since i don't think the files are the same for the PSP version and the PC version so you'd have to copy all the translated lines (well still better than translating) and put them in the rihgt place. Unless someone is willing to do this it's not going anywhere.

More importantly the team that made the translation for Little Busters (Fluffy) is not on Fuwanovel as far as i know

They're currently merged with doki so if you want to actually get this out you should ask them though i highly doubt it'll get anywhere considering the EX project is nearly dead and i don't see them starting a new one just for a PSP version

We would need someone to hack the PSP and that's that. It shouldn't be particularly hard to extract the patch files from the patch itself. Asking them for the files is nice and all, but if we're not able to contact them, I'm all up for doing this without asking permission for anyone. They should still be credited, obviously. I don't think there would be any issues there, though.

About putting the text in their right place- that's a bit troublesome, but still should be fine. We reeeeally need more VNs for anything besides PCs.

Thing is, I don't know anyone who could hack into the PSP nor do I have much ability with extracting files from a patch (you could ask REtrans for that, though). I wouldn't mind overwriting the lines, if no one is up for the job.

Thing is, I don't want this thread to die in 30 minutes. This is a very good idea~

Let's wait and see if it catches the attention of hackers.

I think it's a nice idea too but i'm not aware of how much effort it'd take.

If you're willing to overwrite every single line with the already translated ones then it'd be awesome obviously.

Regarding people who can hack into PSP VNs, isn't the guy that was part of the Toradora Portable project on here? Maybe contacting him might help.

Edit:  Refer to this thread

Might not be a bad idea, but you would probably want the PE/ME/EX edition to be TLed fully first.

This

I was now reading about the PSP port and found out that it was an adaptation from the PS2 port which is pretty much the Memorial (ME) version of Little Busters

Info on the PS2 version:

Adds scenarios for Sasasegawa Sasami and Futaki Kanata.

Adds a new heroine, Tokido Saya.

That presents a hurdle since that translation project is nearly dead and there hasn't been any real progress in months.

Unless someone is willing to translate ME the only other solution is to wait for the TL team.

I'm using this document to keep track of the translation status

It still says 61.59% new lines translated like it did months ago, that doesn't seem like a lot of progress. But maybe they're just not posting it. The last update i saw on Doki's page was from summer and from TLWiki the last update was I don't know how many months ago announcing they'd be merging with Doki.

I know it's not dead but it's progressing reallyyy slowly from what i've seen (I'm guessing lack of translators).

But they also don't seem to be hiring translators either so it's not like we can do anything..

I have been working on an english translation patch for the Little Busters! Converted Edition! (PSP game) for a few mounths now, so Little Busters portable edition will definitly become reality :)

Current status:

I have finished making my own tools and have finished copying & placing the translations into the game for common route and Komari's route.

Currently working on Rins route.

You can follow the project on: patr0805.wordpress.com if it interests you :)

Oh wow i had no idea. You should add this project to vndb. I praise you for doing it

Do you intend on translating the extra rotues as well? (Sasami, Kanata and Saya)

Or will you do the same thing the others did and leave those out and just go with the normal version.

And are you using the current scripts and replacing the PSP ones with them or are you literally translating from scratch?

I have only been studying japanese for half a year, therefore I am not yet skillful enough to quality translate the Sasami, Kanata and Saya routes.

For this reason, I am using the translations from the PC version (it wouldn't be that clever to spend time retranslate so much anyway). 

Just like the PC version Sasami, Kanata and Saya routes will be locked until Little Busters EX have been fully translated.

Thanks for the reference to vndb, I might as well just do that now that I have come this far allready.

Some good news regarding installing my patch. The game actually needs installation by default, which leaves most of the game files on your SD card. Thus, hacking your PSP won't be nessesary to play this patch. :)

Thanks for all the info. We need more PSP VNs here and this one would be huge.

Kaguya said they're willing to overwrite the scripts with the english ones if needed, maybe PM them for some extra help.

I can't wait to see this one through. :lol:

Edit: I mentioned this project to be posted on the visualnovelaer blog. I hope you're okay with it. I just think it's awesome news. Everything was credited of course.  :)

I have been working on an english translation patch for the Little Busters! Converted Edition! (PSP game) for a few mounths now, so Little Busters portable edition will definitly become reality :)

Current status:

I have finished making my own tools and have finished copying & placing the translations into the game for common route and Komari's route.

Currently working on Rins route.

You can follow the project on: patr0805.wordpress.com if it interests you :)

Thank you so much <3

Nicoblog,

I'll release a partial patch when I see it fit. Now that the hacking tools are working right it should go alot faster.

Current status: Common route, Komari route, Rin 1,2 route complete, working on small subscenes like the "play with masato" scenes.

Also, I just got Paragon4696 on the team here today, so that should just speed things up even more.