Alright. I'll start with the information I think I'm supposed to give you all here.

Are you running your computer with Japan system locale? (link to instructions): Yes
Game Name: Chaos;Head
Description of Problem:At first, the game simply crashed immediately upon selecting new game, but after trying a few things, it now simply comes to a black screen when I try to run it and then won't even close by itself.
Your Operating System: Windows 7 home premium.
64 or 32 bit: 64
What did you already try? (Uninstall/Reinstall, Redownload, Run as admin, etc): I've run it as admin, in the japanese locale, I've redownloaded it twice and as far as I can tell, there's no actual "install" at all. Just an .exe to run. I'm redownloading it again now, but there wasn't even a an installation guide or readme? Anyway, just to cover my bases, I've also stopped the seeding as well. It... didn't help, though. I'm pretty much at a loss. Running the english patch fails. It says it isn't in the right directory? Or to make sure it is. and it is. Running ChaosHead.old.exe does nothing. It doesn't even start for a moment or anything, sadly. I haven't even bothered with the underwear patch thing yet. I'd be happy just to get the game working. I hope I've covered everything.
Did you download your game from Fuwanovel?: Yes.

https://fuwanovel.net/novels/chaoshead

Well, after having done all those things, it's gone right back to crashing the moment I try to start a new game. I've even tried the advice found here

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/1875-chaoshead-faq/

including running the game in windows XP service packs 2 and3. Before, I changed my region manually. I thought I might try to install applocale to make it easier, but found this error each time. Perhaps it's not the right installer for 64bit? I'll try that next, but this is probably my last post tonight.

OlDv2.jpg

EDIT: As it turns out, applocale just doesn't work on windows 7, as it was made before some security update was applied on 7's release. I tried to get it to work anyway in several ways, but complications between moving it's location to system32, modifying it's instillation with something called "papplocale" to try to get the context menu to work and other things have made me give up on that.

EDIT EDIT: Just updating to say I still haven't solved this whatsoever.

Hongfire pAppLoc works just fine on Windows 7 if you want to try it.

Other than that the previous cases of this problem have been solved by:

1. Updated codecs. If you have any codec packs installed, uninstall them and install the latest version of CCCP

2. Switching to fullscreen mode. Use F to switch between fullscreen and windowed

You might also want to reset the configuration files in case they have been corrupted. Write %appdata% start-menu search bar and delete the contents of Nitroplus\CHAOS;HEAD folder.