Will someone ever translate Kono Oozora ni Tsubasa wo Hirogete FLIGHT DIARY?

Yuki-tan

I'm starting to get scared about how many people will be mentioning my work. This is pressuring.

Anyways, yes, I have intentions to work on translating Flight Diary. I'll be occasionally posting scenes from it to my Youtube, in addition to my regular work.

There's been some demand for Hotaru, so I'll be appeasing the fans a bit.

I can't really call it a 'project' because I don't think anything will actually get done until I find a team or a team finds me.

I do what I can, though.

I'm starting to get scared about how many people will be mentioning my work. This is pressuring.

Anyways, yes, I have intentions to work on translating Flight Diary. I'll be occasionally posting scenes from it to my Youtube, in addition to my regular work.

There's been some demand for Hotaru, so I'll be appeasing the fans a bit.

I can't really call it a 'project' because I don't think anything will actually get done until I find a team or a team finds me.

I do what I can, though.

Just take your time with it. Otherwise you'll get frustrated. If you get it done, that would be awesome if not, at least we held some hope :D

Don't worry about it. I think I'm partly to blame since I mention your projects from time to time. I do frequent your blog because I look forward to your work, but if there's one thing to be said about visual novel readers it's that they're certainly patient. So there's no need to feel pressured. Most people understand the amount of time it requires to finish such a project.

What is MoeNovel btw?

Also learning Jp IS faster than waiting for TL. I should know, I started because I wanted to be able to watch stuff that did not have a tl. I started about the same time as Majikoi was stalled. I finished reading ALL of the majikoi series and there is still no patch for the first one. The yahoo answer guys have no idea what the hell they are talking about.

Also I mean to post this last page but it slipped my mind. It seems somewhat behind on the topic but bear with me.

What is MoeNovel btw?

Also learning Jp IS faster than waiting for TL. I should know, I started because I wanted to be able to watch stuff that did not have a tl. I started about the same time as Majikoi was stalled. I finished reading ALL of the majikoi series and there is still no patch for the first one. The yahoo answer guys have no idea what the hell they are talking about.

Also I mean to post this last page but it slipped my mind. It seems somewhat behind on the topic but bear with me.

Learning Japanese is like a long-term investment. It maybe hard and take a lot of time but when you get the hang of it and able to read them, you won't need to wait for translation patch anymore :D

What is MoeNovel btw?

They're a subsidiary of Pulltop, their own english localization company. Konosora is their only release, and they made the game all-ages (truly all-ages, removing even kiss scenes) and butchered the translation. 

Indeed learning JP is faster than waiting for TL, besides, the thing you learned could be used to read any other un-translated Visual Novels right? (And also other things than reading VNs :P) Plus, if you learn Japanese because you want to read the VN, the feelings that you have for the VN might not change, because you REALLY LOVE that VN that you go through all the pain. But there are 'uncapable' people like me who can't learn a language in 5 years or more, even though my dream is to study in Todai. I just hope Ryu's work will continue, ganbatte Ryukito!

EDIT: Oh yeah btw, Ryukito, do you have any plans to translate Amane's route? That route is one of the reasons I want to read this, other than that is to see Kanako and Aoi became lovers :D 

• 2 weeks later...

It's great that everyone is becoming more motivated to learn japanese just to read VNs. Unfortunately, I won't be learning the language any time soon since I will need to learn korean in order to get into SNU (yes, I'm a kpop fan and would love to date a kpop star).  :D  :wub:

However, I know what Retrans is asking is a pretty big thing from a guy that wants a VN translated, but in the real world if you want things done you need to do it yourself - or at least contribute to something. Besides, I don't think Retrans meant you must learn the language, he simply said 'do it yourself', which could potentially mean other things.  :blink:

I remember after watching Walkure Romanze that I wanted the VN translated, and I read a post which astounded me:

Some person wanted the game translated, people who are interested got together and had a discussion, and this user 'datOtakuGuy' managed to create a team. This user probably doesn't know a thing about japanese, but he made a team nonetheless and it looks like the progress (hopefully) is going fine - though I think datOtakuGuy has been inactive and the team probably kicked him out, but they're still going I believe!  :)  :)

-- still waiting on updates though  :(

I plan on emailing the leader to join this team and become an editor or quality checker at least, cos it's fun to be a part of something that people will enjoy!  :)

Hopefully you'll understand my point Yuki-tan - instead of waiting start something up. You might not have the skills but put yourself out there. Other users might see this and want to join in as well!!!  :P

*** Note: Obviously don't become inactive once you start a team, be committed. If you have problems in real life, it's likely that your team and everyone is going through the same.