Forming a Fuwa VN Team

solidbatman

Hello all. For a while now, I have been wanting to try my hand at making a visual novel. I had a ton of fun working on a previous VN project which unfortunately did not come to fruition. That left me with plenty of potential plot ideas and a thirst to complete a VN project. 

The purpose of this thread is to see who would be interested in forming a team with me, and what roles you'd like to fulfill. Here's what I ask. Type what role you'd like to be, and provide me with an example of your work. So if you want to join as a writer, give me an example of your writing. I will contact those who I feel will work the best via PM. If I don't select you, don't take it personally.

If you are interest, know that this will be a long journey. It could take a year or longer to put a VN out. I'm aiming for the highest quality possible. I have little to no experience in putting together a VN, so this will be a learning process from me. If you have any question, please feel free to ask. 

Current Team:

solidbatman (Director, general purpose, writing)

Naomi (writer)

vibrantblade (writer and/or Ren'Py Programmer)

I would love to be part of such a team. The role I'd like to take is writer. Well, I'll write something and edit this post later.

SNAP.

I open my eyes.

Turn.

I tilt my head tilt slightly to the side and I look at the clock. 5 AM. Uncle wakes up around 7. Must get going now.

CRACKLE.

My hand moves and grabs "it".

Roll.

A soft thud echoes through the room as my body falls from the couch.

Roll, roll, roll.

I roll until I get near the wall to the right, and I look at the calendar.

11/12/13. Uncle's birthday.

Today.

Yes, today.

A smile creeps onto my face.

Haha.

Hahahaha.

I spread my arms with joy.

It's almost like I'm an angel!

Turn. Roll, roll, roll.

I roll to the left until I reach the door.

Snap. Crackle.

I lift my body up.

It hurts.

It's so hard.

It feels like it would take foreve for me to walk like this.

However, today is a very important day.

Oh. My hand is trembling.

This is no good. I have to open the door.

Today is a very important day, after all.

I look at the clock. 5:30.

SNAP. CRACKLE.

Haha!

Hahahahaha!

I smile as I try to put my bones into their place.

CRACKLE.

It hurts. I want to cry.

CRACKLE.

But, I can't cry.

CRACKLE, SNAP.

Big girls don't cry.

GRIND, SNAP.

But, it hurts so much.

STEP.

I turn my head and look at my arm.

It's red. It's swelling. It stinks It's rotten.

I can't use this at all.

It's dead weight.

So, I don't need it anymore, right?

I'll give it to Mr. Dog. I'm sure he'll enjoy it.

Father said that I can't feed Mr. Dog too much, but today is a very special day, so it should be fine, right?

STEP.

GRIND. GRIND. GRIND. Hahahahah!!!!

My bones all hurt. But it must be done. Mr. Dog needs food for next week.

I reach the kitchen. Mom is there.

She stinks. Her neck is ripped open to the bone.

Eh?

Why is mom like that?

Who did it?

STEP.

"I did it."

I feel his breath in my ear.

"She was in my way."

No way.

"But, it was very interesting!"

No way.

"I was trying to blow her spine apart, but it didn't work all that well."

This voice.

"And then, you know what happened?"

THIS VOICE.

"Her nerves popped out. It was so silly~"

Turn. My head moved to the side.

"...Father?"

"Yes". His face had a wide smile.

"More importantly...." He said.

"You're on the way too. I can't have the full inheritance if he's alive, and I can't have any witnesses now, can I?"

He picks it from my hand.

"...G-give it back!"

"Huh?"

"Give it back!"

Why? Why is father doing this?

I cry.

But, big girls don't cry.

"Hey, why are you crying? You look just like a baby. Haha!"

He said it cheerfully while he aimed a gun at me.

"Today is a very important day, so just quietly disappear."

I jump and grab it.

If this is all the world has for me, I'd rather stay with mother.

I shut out the truth in front of me. There's nothing to be afraid.

Yes. This is my desire, right?

I click it.

"Happy birthday, Uncle. I made some cookies for you. They're in the table. I also bought a new leash, so take Mr. Dog out for a walk lat-"

BOOM.

*Sigh*

Why did she jump at me just to pick that silly voice recorder I gave her for birthday? Kids nowdays, I tell you.

I look at her pathetic body from above. I hear a ruffling noise; He probably awoke from the gunshot.

I aim the gun at the door of his room. Once he opens it, it's the end.

Now, let's make this a remarkable birthday for you, right Bro? After all, today's a very important day. Ahahahaha!

Well, this was it. I made it purposefully confusing, since I think it adds to that kind of story. Batman should know how I write, mostly, so this is just me trying to tackle another type of story (since I believe he saw the lovey-dovey and the dorama ones that I wrote.)

Well, this was done very quickly, so forgive any typos. I also made a lot of references to Koishi's Komeiji Heart-Throbbing Adventure, as a homage of sorts.

Hopefully this will be enough.

I also could help with Renpy. I've messed around with it quite some times, so I know a couple of things about it. Besides that, quality checking or helping to brainstorm sometimes. You know that I have way too much time in my hands, right?

EDIT: Zaka did a big job editing this, thank you very much~

Edited by Kaguya

Very interesting! I'd offer to edit, but I'm already working on another VN project (over 10k lines to edit already... yay?) and my time was limited enough before then...so that probably wouldn't work out very well. That said, I am quite curious as to some of the themes that you're working on. Do you know the genre you're going for (sci-fi, fantasy, modern, romance... heck, even amalgamations of many genres, so many possibilities, very cool)? And which engine will you be using for the VN anyway?

There's also the question of music etc. that comes along with a VN, but that can wait until you know what you're working with, I suppose. Anyway, community projects are great, so I'm excited to see what will come of this.

EDIT: Just saw the Ren'py programmer, I got so excited I forgot how to read, whops.

I don't have much experience about the making of VNs, but I do have a lot of ideas concerning writing, so If I could be included as a writer of some sorts, I could probably help.

I just need an example of your writing

Very interesting! I'd offer to edit, but I'm already working on another VN project (over 10k lines to edit already... yay?) and my time was limited enough before then...so that probably wouldn't work out very well. That said, I am quite curious as to some of the themes that you're working on. Do you know the genre you're going for (sci-fi, fantasy, modern, romance... heck, even amalgamations of many genres, so many possibilities, very cool)? And which engine will you be using for the VN anyway?

There's also the question of music etc. that comes along with a VN, but that can wait until you know what you're working with, I suppose. Anyway, community projects are great, so I'm excited to see what will come of this.

Well, once I get a team in place, we'll kind of throw out our different plot ideas and work on mashing them together and seeing what works and what doesn't. We will likely use Ren'Py because I already have someone who can work in that engine. If someone comes along who can work in a different engine, and its better, we can obviously make that work. I know of two artists I might contact based off who we get for writing. Music will have to wait until we have a theme.

I am confident that we will finish this project, even if it takes 40 years. 

I would love to help. I can do some writing, but first I would like to know what the genre. At the least I can be an editor and quality checker. I will put in an example of my writing sometime tonight when I get the chance.

Genre will be decided based off the plot ideas.

I do have the first two scenes of a VN I planned to do myself a while back... Do I post it, or do I upload it and link it?

If you don't want to pop it out into public, you can PM me. 

This can easily be in main VN discussion. I mean if its a VN then you will probably find more people there. So moved for now, if you think that it fits more to general (you end up doing not VN but a game or something) then I can move it back.

and on topic: if you need a loli route I might have something :P

Sounds interesting. I'll try to pitch in some ideas I might come up with. I'm honestly tired of doing my novel lel. It's probably just the winter effect, but I write stuff randomly without even thinking about the ending. If you see this as a possible idea, regardless of it being finished or not (I've only got a prologue, 2 finished chapters and 1 unfinished, after all), do let me know.

This can easily be in main VN discussion. I mean if its a VN then you will probably find more people there. So moved for now, if you think that it fits more to general (you end up doing not VN but a game or something) then I can move it back.

and on topic: if you need a loli route I might have something :P

Thank you Steve. And yes, if we have a loli character, you will be the first to know. 

Sounds interesting. I'll try to pitch in some ideas I might come up with. I'm honestly tired of doing my novel lel. It's probably just the winter effect, but I write stuff randomly without even thinking about the ending. If you see this as a possible idea, regardless of it being finished or not (I've only got a prologue, 2 finished chapters and 1 unfinished, after all), do let me know.

Feel free to PM me if you don't want it in public. 

Hey, I think it can be really good idea  :D

Hmm... we could make a vn as popular as "Katawa Shoujo"...

Um, I'm not good in any particular way. I'm making music like amateur, but I'm trying to be the best.

I'm writing a message to @solidbatman with link to my music, because I don't want to show my works in public.

I could also translate this novel on Polish language  :)

Anyway, it would be a honor to work with you.

I've played around with a Ren'Py engine for a school project, but other than that, I do not personally have much experience in creating a VN.

However, I would love to help with editing, if I can! I am skilled at proof-reading both spelling and grammatical errors and I'm not currently working on anything right now, so if you need another editor just let me know!

*Phone rings, get's picked up*      Yes... yes...no, but yes.  Great Googliemooglie, what's wrong with you!  ...Got it.  *Hangs up the receiver*

Oh, pardon me.  That was just the call... the call of opportunities for a wonderful project.  ...Anyhoo, I'd like to get in at any level possible, be it writer, back-up writer, editor, yes-man, janitor, guy who looks at project occasionally and says "eh... it needs a little oomph", intern learning the workings of Ren'py and the process of da VN... I think the point has been made.  I haven't been on this particular site for very long, but I can assure you I would not abandon a team project.  Personal projects, sure, all the time, but that's neither here nor asoko.  Whoosh!  *Vanishes in a puff of smoke*

I might be able to help with writing or at least throwing random ideas into the room. And i could probably translate it into german if it's finished.

I don't know if it's any good but here is a sample of my writing:

I remember the date of that day, but I don’t remember what happened.

All I remember is red.

A crimson memory.

Red like blood, red like fire.

I do not want to remember, but there are things you cannot control.

Dreams. Or rather nightmares.

All that remains feels like a nightmare. All that remains feels red. My memory was tainted by this dreadful color. All that was before, all that will or might be is stained.

I don’t remember what happened. And I don’t want to. This day is a scar that, I fear, will leave me broken should my memory return. I do not want to remember. I mustn’t remember what happened this day. But I know that someday I will…
The nightmares of this day went out of control. My body remembered what the heart didn’t want to remember.

I woke up in a cold sweat. All I saw was red. My nightmare had become reality.

I tried to close my eyes, tried to return to the black abyss that left me frightened to death only a night ago.

I closed my eyes, thinking that it was my room that had this nightmarish color. I was wrong. Something in my head snapped. All I remember after this was a lake, the full moon and the reflection of a boy, who cried tears of blood. That boy was me. Through the shimmering of vermillion tears I saw myself. Standing before a crimson lake in a forest full of red trees. The red moon smiled a sad smile upon the sight of this miserable creature. And cried. The sky was crying. Heavens Tears were cleansing my miserable self. Or so I would like to think of it. What happened after the rain was -again- something I can’t remember.

Guh Batman you created a Super topic write after mine xD..

Anyway i would love to help you along side my own Project i plan to start myself xD..

I would normaly have chosen the Writers path but i have chosen to give the Art path and hope to not hit a Bad End.

haha im sure i can do it, i just dont have the confidence in my work..I can post a few Pictures i like to Draw in my own time here if you like..

Guh Batman you created a Super topic write after mine xD..

Anyway i would love to help you along side my own Project i plan to start myself xD..

I would normaly have chosen the Writers path but i have chosen to give the Art path and hope to not hit a Bad End.

haha im sure i can do it, i just dont have the confidence in my work..I can post a few Pictures i like to Draw in my own time here if you like..

I know. Felt bad about doing that. Sorry :/

I'm at work right now. I'll get back to you all when I'm home. Loving the enthusiasm.