Story Decision  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Story

• Okami's Story
    • Stanley's Story
    • Arturia's Story
    • Okami's Idea of Arturia's Story

This poll is closed to new votes

Hmm well the way it seems to be going it would be the adaption you made of mine Okami..How would you like to go about it..Although i know it was my idea in the first place, but we can use the suggestions and ideas..What i would like to actually start to do before we make a Story..

Is i find it easier if you set the Information for the characters before hand as well as decide their past..

That way we can get the characters style into the story a lot easier.. 

Side note: I will finalize the Workload once we set on the story..and i might make a new topic so that we can discuss things easier there..

Maybe 2 topics for things such as art/story.. 

i will try and see if i can add more to the story itself and come up with some character designs..

If this story is so far in check,

I would like you all if you would like one of the main characters or the side characters a certain way, Type out your idea on one of them..

It can be any one of the characters and even a new one..

So far since it was Okami's adaption, If you like could you help With the organizing or directing the story..so like if you see the story sidetracking away from your idea, You can direct them the right way in terms of Story..

With that i think it would be wise to give both sections like a team leader..

I have actually yet to see everyones art or design's so i can not decide on the art division just yet, but will get around to it..

Sorry this stretched on longer then i had imagined, Keep watching out on Changes.

I have a general idea how will story progres and the characters but I things still need to be modifcated etc.

Well here is my idea for characters.

Gay that was sold to Raepista: should be intelligent, manipulative, quiet, usually not revealing his plans, unpredictable, do wath he thinks needs to be done not matter the price, cold towards everybody except his childhood friends, Not reveals his emotions, little bit arrogant, cares deeply for his girl childhood friend that is with him but doesn't show it to her and scolds her most of the time (but not in romantic way more like in a little sister way true he cares for her so much that it could be interpreted as in romantic way). specializates in spying and battle strategies.

Girl with him: opposite of him she is genki girl who doesn't think much and is doing things in a moment without thinking. A little bit naive and not too smart. specializates in operating battle vehicles and mechanics.

Girl sold to Midoristal:  Girl with strong emotions and strong sense of friendship. Out of the 7 she had most dificalty parting from her friends, she doesn't hold back on showing her feelings, shy, kinda clumsy, tends to get worked up over the smallest things and kinda crybaby but very capable in open battles. specializates in light guns.

Gay with her: Stong big gay with big mules (but in boundaries of normal), quiet but unlike gay from Raepista he isn't cold just doesn't say more than it is needed to be sad. Classic military guy. specializates in hand to hand combat and heavy guns.

Girl from Rouria (older one): unfemine girl mostly interested in training and polishing her military skills but not the cold and quiet kind. Pretty strict and a little bit tsundare toward gay with her and she always fights with him. specializates in cold weapons but capable in many different things.

Girl from Rouria (younger one): arogant, sadist, love to tease people especially gay with her, specializates in snipers and setting traps.

Gay with them: He is the protagonist of the story, he is average in most things his military skills are average for someone who was trained by missionary academy that all 7 MCs where trained (still average person trained in that academy has far greater military skill from common soldiers). The one thing that stands out about him is that he mostly does wath he wants to do, He is also easygoing person.

Loli girl from freedom fighters: A little bit tsundare a little bit Kudare she doesn't let people get close to her easily. Has strong will, She blames herself for the death of her oni-chan.

PS: We need to think of a nemes so we don't have to refer to MCs as "Gay that was sold to Raepista" and similar.

PPS:  If you think that some personalities should be changed give your ideas about new ones, So we can discus it.

PPPS: I might be rushing things a litle since we didn't disaded that we will go with that story for shure, but I think it can't heart to prepere some things in case we do (especialy since the chanses that it will be the case are prety high).

It sounds fun! I could contribute with drawing of characters, and maybe with the background. I must warn you tough, I never tried to draw a manga before (it was almost always just individual characters) and I don't know if I could keep a consistent level of quality. Also, I know next to nothing about colouring ou about Softwares that can help with drawing. (I can mess a little with MS Paint, and that is it ^^ ;)

Well please take a look at my Deviant Art gallery

http://zucco1.deviantart.com/

Also.. While It might be a bit cocky for someone who just joined the discussion, can I make a sugestion?

I think It would probably be easier to decide on a general setting and use it to make short, interconected stories  (like in Ray Bradbury's The Martian Chronicles, for example) than to create a single epic plot. This way we could continue for as long as want, without worrying too much about the pacing and trying to knot all the loose ends or fearing leaving the story unfinished, or rushing the ending.

Moreover, It would give more freedom to the authors... And I really like the idea of several short stories with some recurring characters and settings, but giving off a different vibe. For instance, if we go with Okami's idea of Arturia's story, there could be a lighthearted, comic or even romantic story about the residents of a village or town (with a few references to the militarization of this world, like news about the warfront, the increase in tributes or the diminishing of the heathy male population) and later a more violent, depressing story about the warfront, or even the ransacking of the relatively peaceful town/village from before. 

And... Nice to meet you guys!

Also, if we are going to make a military story, a recommend reading ERICH MARIA REMARQUE's "All Quiet on the Western Front". It is a novel about the life of a german soldier fighting in the first word war that was wiritten by a german who fought in the first world war, so it's quite realistic. Futhermore,  it's a very good novel.

Ps: I will try to make a design for characters described by Okami, and post it later. Also, I want to see what designs you guys come up with!

Zucco your art skills are great, but I disagree with your suggestion for creating several short stories instead of one high quality one.

Thanks! About the suggestion... At the moment it really looked like a good idea, but I'm already starting to second-guess myself. Either way, good job! You've writing some interesting ideas. I'm really curious about where we're going with this!

I appreciate the suggestions and great character personality's there Okami...You kind of hit what i even thought about them xD, Altough i actually didnt imagine a big guy xD.. Not trying to point fingers but will he be the Masato(LB) type of big guy xD?

Zucco, Its great to give ideas, It's just that the feel i have for this story will be a bit differant..

Well true it will be a military style Manga, haha problem is that this setting will be Sci/fi...when i first thought of a Military genre to help go with the Action sci/fi, I really didnt imagine the "Normal" military style xD..

Speaking of Sci/Fi, What type of Sci/fi do you want to incorporate Okami? Originally i just imagined it to be Futuristic feel, but i feel like it needs something unique xD.

Anyway its great to see more artists, that way it will be easier to get together a Art and story teams..

Keep the ideas coming, Good or bad, Share what you think.This is a Fuwanovel Creation. 

I didn't read LB but from reading Masato personality on VNDB I don't think that is kind of guy I head in mind at lest most  of his personality don't match with wath I had in mind:  carefree, hot blooded, idiot, rude, short-tempered, stubborn. But his visual image is kinda wath I had in mind.

For Sci/Fi elements I would say that moustly weapons, military equipment and military facilities would have that Sci/fi element to them (but not as far as giant robots and laser guns). And you could feel that there is that Sci/fi element to cities, houses and places (but once again I wouldn't go too far with it, more like different than now but not too far into the future). Also if possible I would add royalty into a society.

Well since there were none changes to the pool I think we can disate to go with my version of Arturia story.

Now we should decide how to proceed from here.

For now we have plot, characters, and Sci-fi elements, now we need characters backstory, character designs and how will story proceed.

So I think we could do it this way, I start writing backstory and proside with story dividing it into parts that would eventually become chapters, but I don't go into to match details instead just write it in the same style as a story. Then once I have at least enough story for lets say 12 chapters and backstory I post it in this topic then we together decide if something needs to be changed if something should be added and we together go into it more detail like writing dialogs etc. In the mean time people working on art could proside with making characters and background designs based on descriptions that we already decided. If you agree with this way of proceeding, I would set a deadline for my writing one week after starting.

Hmm i see Okami..

Well due to the votes and no objections...

I would say we doing Okami's Portrayal of my story..

The story will be as mentioned...The main details are, The Three Factions... 7 Main Characters, 4 Girls and 3 Boys..(Possible Side/Main Characters added during story).. Genres will be Action, Sci/fi, Drama, (Possibly Military) and a small amount of romance ( dont worry it wont be lovey dovey type..).

With mentioned Okami's Character designs we will start going on to the next step.. Sorting out Positions and Roles, THen we will work with each other and if anyone needs questions answered or help, All you need to do is Pm me or Okami..

I will reread this thread for Artists for backgrounds and characters, And dont worry if you get the role you didnt want..We will work together so if you struggle we will help.

Lets see... Firstly we will probably be all Amateurs so this will be awhile for the project and screw ups will come..

But regardless lets work this through and be proud of our work everyone..

Any Questions so far message me or Okami and im sure we will help with anything..

Enjoy your Holidays.

Well, I did a few character drawings... I will just post the ones I did like:

fuwanovel_creations_001_by_zucco1-d6yz9rfuwanovel_criation_02_by_zucco1-d6zdjj8.

I was trying to draw the Loli girl from freedom fighters. I thought she looked a little older than in the description, but I liked the way she turned out. Did a few small changes after the first

fuwanovel_criation_03_by_zucco1-d6zdjp8.

I was trying to draw the Gay that was sold to Raepista. Doesn't look much like I originaly though, but I don't dislike this picture. I will try to make a different drawing for that character later, but I still wanna use this guy for something. 

Well, that is it for now. It's been a while since I last tried do an original character, so I followed a few tutorials on how to draw people faces.

people_faces_by_zucco1-d6zdjx5.png

Moving on to tutorials on Body and movement. I'm also not sure wheter to keep using this style or start learning something easier to do... And should I put the drawings in a spoiler tag or not?

Oh, please give me your thoungts on the character designs!

Merry Christmans!

Hmm i can see your struggling because not many people can draw from such few details..

I like the scond drawing of the girl with the ahoge, but this is my opinion, also i just feel that the chins( haha just my thought) aren't mangish xD.

Anyway i can see the effort and thats great, Keep it up.

By the way..in terms of character designs... we will try and get the finer details soon..i will also try and come up with things such as eye shapes and hair lengths..Aswell as body shape and body postures...Say like energetic girls likes to move her arms alot more then a shy guy you know..

This will take some time as there are alot of main characters..but i feel that each one will be differant and give off a great feel to the story..

anyway keep up the great art guys and i will try and figure something out xD.

Well that isn't really wath I had in mind for thouse characters but with limited info about characters that we give you l guess it should be expected.

So now I will try to provide more and since you said that you are more used to drawing characters when you can look at them then from your head I will try to find some pic of characters that would best fit the descriptions so you can get a better idea of wath I have in mind (but I don't mean for us to just copy paste thouse characters just to use them as a visual description since I am not too good with describing someones looks). Also If possible try using the style you used in this picture instead it is more manga-like especially the nose.

nhk_ni_youkoso__2012_01_by_zucco1-d6yla6

Gay that was sold to Raepista: You actually did hit hair-style and mouth with wath I had in mind. Dark long hair, sharp eyes, average height and width. Something like L-elf from Kakumaiki valvrave.

Girl with him: short un-straight brown hair, kinda cat-like eyes, average height for a girl. Like a Aiko Andou from true tears + +.

Girl sold to Midoristal: longer blond hair tied back, also average height, somewhat slim, naive looking eyes. Like Noel from Blazblue + +.

Gay with her: still thinking about this one, body should be something like this but I still don't know about face.

Girl from Rouria (older one): Short purple hair, average height. Something between Naruki Gerni from Chrome Shelled Regios + + face and antalk Nina hairstyle from the same anime.

Girl from Rouria (younger one): Short blonde hair, slim, short height. Like this girl from Freezing.

Gay with them: Not sure about him yet.

Loli girl from freedom fighters: long white hair tied in one plait ponytail, Short heit. Like this version of Lambda from Blazblue anime + + .

PS: click on the purple words to see a picture, + means there is more than one so click on + to see another one.

PS EDIT: Acctualy they become green words when posted :D

okay i really gotta say this but gay is not the same as the word guy.

gay means another guy liking another guy.

it kinda bothered me for a while.

Well it is a yaoi manga... Just kidding I know the difference I have just forgotten that you don't write them the same. Well hopefully we will think of names soon so we won't have to refer to characters as this guy that guy.

Just to be sure that nobody misunderstood none of male MCs are gays it is just my writing mistake.

Well that isn't really wath I had in mind for thouse characters but with limited info about characters that we give you l guess it should be expected.

So now I will try to provide more and since you said that you are more used to drawing characters when you can look at them then from your head I will try to find some pic of characters that would best fit the descriptions so you can get a better idea of wath I have in mind (but I don't mean for us to just copy paste thouse characters just to use them as a visual description since I am not too good with describing someones looks). Also If possible try using the style you used in this picture instead it is more manga-like especially the nose.

nhk_ni_youkoso__2012_01_by_zucco1-d6yla6

Gay that was sold to Raepista: You actually did hit hair-style and mouth with wath I had in mind. Dark long hair, sharp eyes, average height and width. Something like L-elf from Kakumaiki valvrave.

Girl with him: short un-straight brown hair, kinda cat-like eyes, average height for a girl. Like a Aiko Andou from true tears + +.

Girl sold to Midoristal: longer blond hair tied back, also average height, somewhat slim, naive looking eyes. Like Noel from Blazblue + +.

Gay with her: still thinking about this one, body should be something like this but I still don't know about face.

Girl from Rouria (older one): Short purple hair, average height. Something between Naruki Gerni from Chrome Shelled Regios + + face and antalk Nina hairstyle from the same anime.

Girl from Rouria (younger one): Short blonde hair, slim, short height. Like this girl from Freezing.

Gay with them: Not sure about him yet.

Loli girl from freedom fighters: long white hair tied in one plait ponytail, Short heit. Like this version of Lambda from Blazblue anime + + .

PS: click on the purple words to see a picture, + means there is more than one so click on + to see another one.

PS EDIT: Acctualy they become green words when posted :D

Haha, I had tought of guy from Raepista as tall and somewhat skiny, but other than that the description you gave to the first four characters actually fits kinda good with what I had in mind.

About the other three... I didn't like the older girl from Rouria. I didn't have a clear image on the younger one, but I think your sugestion fits the description. And I adore Lambda's design (As well as most BlazBlue and GuiltyGear characters) but I was preaty satisfied with the loli I drew...Well, guess I will give it another try and we will see wich works better.

Also... I also love characters with long bangs, but if I make everyone like this it will be a bit lacking in variety.

Oh, and about the guy from Rouria... I imagined him with avarege height, avare looking build when fully dressed, but with better defined muscles than most people, and with facial expressions and reactions similar to Araragi, Koyomi. Not sure about hairstyle tought,

About the style... I was trying to go with something more similar to Naoki Urasawa's style, but I will try to follow both Okami's and Arturia's request and "manganize" it a bit more. Lets see how it goes  ^^