Heeeello!

Harlequin

Hey and nice to meet you all. Wanted to make an account on here because well, it's fun to talk about visual novels, simple as that. I usually hang around on EG (like Choc) but wanted to come here as well since I noticed you got some interesting threads going on!

Well... I've been a big fan of this medium for almost 2 years now. Couldn't imagine back then that it would turn out this way. It's all thanks to Katawa Shoujo really (yea yea yea same as always, but I'm grateful for it). Though if I wasn't interested in storytelling the most when it comes to games, then I guess I wouldn't even have given KS a shot in the first place. Now I highly prefer VNs over ordinary games when it comes to stories, in general.

My #1 interest as far as genre goes, is mystery, definitely. Umineko being the very best experience I've ever had on my PC most likely. Love Higurashi as well... so yea, When They Cry is my favourite series. Of course there are other mystery titles like Ever17 and 999 that I freakin' love as well. Recently I played and finished Danganronpa, which turned out to be much better than I thought it would be for some reason... great characters, music and overall mystery plot (in my opinion). Can't wait for the sequel! Also looking forward to those titles coming out from Lemnisca eventually.

So yea that about sums it up I suppose. See you around sometimes. <Good>!!

Thanks thanks, and hi Choc :P

Well, if you want any suggestions, check out my 50 VNs list~

Hmm, yea it could come in handy. Well it's a good reminder of some of the good VNs that are available. What I've read so far: http://vndb.org/u34290/list

Feeling kinda down/bored at the moment, right after finishing Danganronpa... it's that feeling you get when you've completed a VN that you really like. "Empty feeling" perhaps. Want more of it, but can't get any (yet). But hey it's the same as always I guess.

Yes, it's a feeling that always happens when a good VN ends. I see you haven't read Steins;Gate yet- I highly recommend it.

Very true... I'm a bit hesitant about reading it right now though since JAST is releasing their version soonish. But yea it's one of the higher rated VNs that I haven't tried yet.

Very true... I'm a bit hesitant about reading it right now though since JAST is releasing their version soonish. But yea it's one of the higher rated VNs that I haven't tried yet.

Their version won't be much different from the fan tld one in terms of quality. It was well-translated.

Obligatory Little Busters recommendation~~  (especially once ME/EX comes out).

Would love to try that but it doesn't feel quite right to read the original knowing that ME/EX will come out (dunno when though). Maybe if we knew for sure that it would take several years for it to finish or something (do we?), THEN I would just go ahead with the original.

Their version won't be much different from the fan tld one in terms of quality. It was well-translated.

Fair enough. Mmmm, still, since it's got a Winter 2013-2014 release (apparently) - might as well wait a little bit.

Would love to try that but it doesn't feel quite right to read the original knowing that ME/EX will come out (dunno when though). Maybe if we knew for sure that it would take several years for it to finish or something (do we?), THEN I would just go ahead with the original.

Oh yeah, waiting is a good call... probably. We don't know exactly when it'll come out, but my guess is within the next 3-6 months, although that could be a little optimistic. This here is the translation log for it, so they're ~61% done with the translation part of it, which is pretty good. For me, it's great since I read little busters a long enough time ago that replaying the full version will be buckets of fun.

Oh yeah, waiting is a good call... probably. We don't know exactly when it'll come out, but my guess is within the next 3-6 months, although that could be a little optimistic. This here is the translation log for it, so they're ~61% done with the translation part of it, which is pretty good. For me, it's great since I read little busters a long enough time ago that replaying the full version will be buckets of fun.

Yea, if I had read it a long time ago too - 1 year at the very least - then maybe it would've been fine like this. But now it's kinda "too late" for that, might as well wait. And for some reason LB is the one I want to read the most out of all the KEY titles (only done Kanon so far)... maybe because I haven't been spoiled on a single thing in it yet, which is not true for Clannad unfortunately.

Welcome to the forums! Have a moe:

Whoops, how did that get there?Rena-chan-higurashi-no-naku-koro-ni-3243

Can't see that Rena picture :/, but maybe it's just me.