OMG Godzilla!

Meanpandabomba

Now THIS is a teaser. I'm extremly thrilled for it!

I had no idea there was going to be a new Godzilla remake in 2014, really looking forward to it after watching the trailer.

I hope they don't screw this up like they do with most remakes. But then again it's a movie about a giant lizard crushing stuff, it's impossible to screw up

Now THIS is a teaser. I'm extremly thrilled for it!

I had no idea there was going to be a new Godzilla remake in 2014, really looking forward to it after watching the trailer.

I hope they don't screw this up like they do with most remakes. But then again it's a movie about a giant lizard crushing stuff, it's impossible to screw up

Oh it is possible to screw up. Remember the 1998 American remake starring Matthew Broderick.  That movie was a slap to the face for me as a Godzilla fan. It butchered the source material.

Oh it is possible to screw up. Remember the 1998 American remake starring Matthew Broderick.  That movie was a slap to the face for me as a Godzilla fan. It butchered the source material.

Alright alright let's try to keep our hopes up here, i don't want to go see this movie as a skeptical i want to see it as a Godzilla fanboy like when i watched the other Godzilla movies. I want to go to the theater thrilled to see a giant mutant lizard crushing buildings and people and roaring into the sunset like it was something meaningful and deep. If SOMEHOW they manage to screw that up then i'm done with the movie industry for a while. And don't they dare to add some sort of subplot like they always attempt to nowadays (like shoving some romance or an extremly beatiful female main character in the middle of the calamity for the masses to get all excited)

To borrow a quote from the reddit topic on r/movies about it:

"I bet 1,000 galactic credits that this movie will be about how a brilliant middle-aged man with a clumsy marriage and stupid kid, gets everything sorted out with the help of Godzilla and a few million dead people."

Alright alright let's try to keep our hopes up here, i don't want to go see this movie as a skeptical i want to see it as a Godzilla fanboy like when i watched the other Godzilla movies. I want to go to the theater thrilled to see a giant mutant lizard crushing buildings and people and roaring into the sunset like it was something meaningful and deep. If SOMEHOW they manage to screw that up then i'm done with the movie industry for a while. And don't they dare to add some sort of subplot like they always attempt to nowadays (like shoving some romance or an extremly beatiful female main character in the middle of the calamity for the masses to get all excited)

I say amen to that.  What I really loved the about the old Godzilla movies is that when Godzilla was the villain he was terrifying and when he was the hero he was awesome because he kicked butt.  Plus that roar is just so iconic much like the Tardis sound.  Both are unforgettable and both are on my phone as ringtones.  :)

To borrow a quote from the reddit topic on r/movies about it:

"I bet 1,000 galactic credits that this movie will be about how a brilliant middle-aged man with a clumsy marriage and stupid kid, gets everything sorted out with the help of Godzilla and a few million dead people."

That's optimistic.

Raisins_Face.jpg