Problems with my Saved Files for my VN. (SOLVED)

AnimeSeasons

Hey Fuwanovel Forums! My saved files for Hoshizora no Memoria are gone for some reason. When I tried it on my Windows 8 laptop, they weren't there. When I tried it on my old Windows XP computer, All of my saved files were there. I checked the save folder and all of my save files were in it. I don't know if I should be worried but I hope anybody can help if they have experienced this problem. One thing that is might of caused it is my flash drive. When I plugged it in my laptop, it said that you might need to scan and fix it. Should I do that?

You can do that, but pull a copy of the game and save data from the flash drive before you do so - nothing should happen to the data, just to be safe.

After running that scan everything should work fine, as the game seems to keep its save data in the game folder.

You can do that, but pull a copy of the game and save data from the flash drive before you do so - nothing should happen to the data, just to be safe.

After running that scan everything should work fine, as the game seems to keep its save data in the game folder.

Thanks, I'll try it. I hope it works!

Well, I scanned my flash drive and fixed it. But my saved files are still not there. All of my save files are still in the save folder. I am really worried. Is there anything else that I can do to fix this problem? Because this the first time I've got to play visual novels after four months due to a broken computer.

Apparently the game either keeps the save files double or I moved them into the main game folder to archive them, my bad. Step by step to get your saves over to your laptop:

• On your XP PC, go to C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\My Documents\ - you should have a folder called "FAVORITE" there. Copy it completely (including the folder itself) onto your flash drive.
  • On your Win8 Laptop, paste the "Favorite" folder from your flash drive into C:\Users\<Username>\(My) Documents\

You need to replace <Username> to the name of your logged in user for each device, simply browsing should be enough.

Apparently the game either keeps the save files double or I moved them into the main game folder to archive them, my bad. Step by step to get your saves over to your laptop:

• On your XP PC, go to C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\My Documents\ - you should have a folder called "FAVORITE" there. Copy it completely (including the folder itself) onto your flash drive.
  • On your Win8 Laptop, paste the "Favorite" folder from your flash drive into C:\Users\<Username>\(My) Documents\

You need to replace <Username> to the name of your logged in user for each device, simply browsing should be enough.

Well I'm on my XP PC and I went to where you told me. I'm not sure but, I see a messed up letters folder. I open it and it say stuff like Game data and save data. I'm not sure if its the FAVORITE folder. I also see no sign of a FAVORITE folder in place you told me to go.

Hey Fuwanovel Forums! My saved files for Hoshizora no Memoria are gone for some reason. When I tried it on my Windows 8 laptop, they weren't there. When I tried it on my old Windows XP computer, All of my saved files were there. I checked the save folder and all of my save files were in it. I don't know if I should be worried but I hope anybody can help if they have experienced this problem. One thing that is might of caused it is my flash drive. When I plugged it in my laptop, it said that you might need to scan and fix it. Should I do that?

I think I see the problem. Most visual novels store their save data in the folder you have the actual game in, so i.e. if I were to check my Clannad save files, i would check them in (D:\[Fuwanovel] Clannad -English-\SAVEDATA). Your usb isn't the cause of the the problem since Windows almost always prompts you to scan and fix problems with flash drives when you plug them in. If you wanted to check up on save files in any game I would recommend you go to the folder that has the game. Most visual novels on this site don't need to install, so you would go to the folder that you downloaded from here and just check for a folder that says save or save data. If you are confused, I can definitely make a video and show you what I'm talking about. 

EDIT: My mistake, after I replied to this, I went ahead and checked out the game and saved early on so I can do a search and recover of the save file. Nay was right because saves on this particular game is saved via the 'My Documents' area for some reason. Your saves are not on the usb for a fact, but check your 'My Documents' folder and in the 'FAVORITE' sub folder.

That's why i said to copy the entire FAVORITE folder which HAS to be there if you've got functioning saves on at least one computer, the insides of it do not matter, you need the entire folder anyway.

Well my problem is now fixed. When I saw the FAVORITE folder in my windows 8 computer, I saw a save folder. I pretty much copied my saved files on my USB to the save folder in the FAVORITE folder. All of my saved files came back and i can play where i left off. Well thanks Nayleen, you helped me a lot.