Saddest moments in an Anime

Nosebleed

Since i saw this thread about the saddest moments in VNs

I figured why not have one for Anime?

So what was for you the saddest, most tearjerking and emotional moments in an anime?

For me one of the ones i'll never forget was the last moments of K-on the movie

For a Slice of Life anime the fact that i teared from watching those girls graduate will never leave my mind

Along with an amazing soundtrack, long live K-on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18ObVdcCkdI

Massive One Piece spoiler for those who have not seen it (seriously, go watch it):

Like...this is a massive spoiler, it was already aired in the anime, but for those who have not seen it, do NOT look at this:

When Ace sacrifices himself to save Luffy from Admiral Akainu's attack.  Akainu's attack actually went completely through Ace and left a permanent scar on Luffy's chest as a reminder.  The OP after the War of the Strongest actually involved Ace pushing Luffy on, and causes this to be the saddest moment from an anime for me.

onegai teacher the last 3 episodes when Kei goes in to a (standstill)

and when he sees his onee-san in his standstill and she tells him to stay back but he don't want that then does mizuho get in there with a space apparatus and tells him to get out from the standstill and then leaves the Earth "heart break moment"

Same with ano natsu de matteru

the ending when you figure out that the ending scripture on the three is from kazami and kei from onegai teacher just heart break momemt

Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R2

The last part of the last episode, I found it really sad but at the same time, it couldnt've been better.

Tegen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Kamina's death of course

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai

The last episode was the saddest one for me, when Menma is vanishing and right before that, everybody is able to see her

Just to add some other moments I found sad that haven't been mentioned already.

Wow i would seem i have been waiting for this Topic xD..

My saddest for me was Code geass R2..

There were two parts and of course the last one was it for me

Clannad Season 2 

were just the few last episodes but the whole series was good.

It wasnt really sad sad but it made me tear up xD

GoSIck

the last moment when they reunite in the last episode

Crno Crusade

The last moments of Rosette and Chrno.

Eureka 7 and Eureka 7 Ao

The last episodes for both of the series

Naruto Shippuden

The part about Asuma DOnt want to go into it.

Hmm well thats the series that i can recall..Anyway i love sad series but it also have to have a good story with drama xD.

Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R2

The last part of the last episode, I found it really sad but at the same time, it couldnt've been better.

It definitely was sad and I was considering mentioning it here, but I think the fact he 'won' and achieved his goal in the end mitigated the emotional impact and steered it toward bittersweet rather than just sad.

Naruto Shippuden

The part about Asuma DOnt want to go into it.

Seconded. The whole Kurenai thing made it 5x worse. Also Jiraiya, Itachi, and Naruto's parents. That moment when Naruto meets his mom makes me tear up every time.

I was considering mentioning the ending of Cowboy Bebop, but that's just too satisfying and badass to be sad.

Massive One Piece spoiler for those who have not seen it (seriously, go watch it):

Like...this is a massive spoiler, it was already aired in the anime, but for those who have not seen it, do NOT look at this:

When Ace sacrifices himself to save Luffy from Admiral Akainu's attack. Akainu's attack actually went completely through Ace and left a permanent scar on Luffy's chest as a reminder. The OP after the War of the Strongest actually involved Ace pushing Luffy on, and causes this to be the saddest moment from an anime for me.

Wow I thought he got that from being on an island for two years.

It definitely was sad and I was considering mentioning it here, but I think the fact he 'won' and achieved his goal in the end mitigated the emotional impact and steered it toward bittersweet rather than just sad.

I was considering mentioning the ending of Cowboy Bebop, but that's just too satisfying and badass to be sad.

Yes you're right, but I also wanted to mention it here, I know the topic is about "sad moments" but it was such an emotive moment for me, I decided I had to mention it.

I was considering the same about Cowboy Bebop, and for the same reason I didn't mention it in the end xD

Hm, I can think alot of sad moments in anime...

Angel Beats, when Yui and Tachibana disappear.. oh and cant forget the rest of the team. Yea.

And... Clannad... Poor Okazaki. I honestly dont know what he did to deserve all that...

And... Zero no Tsukaima. Season 2 last episode.

Um... Yea... thats all i can remember right off the top of my head as the <Saddest> moments... for me anyways.

A surprising one for me was in Kokoro Connect:

When Taichi is in the infirmary in the last episode and Inaba can't stop her feelings from overflowing. The emotion in that last "I love you!" hits me so hard that my eyes tear up without warning.

I found

the moment between her and Tomoya in the flower field more touching than her actual death for some reason.

I lost it at this scene. I watched Clannad once on my own to great distress and feels, and later I went back through it with my girlfriend-now-fiance. The result involved so many tears.

To this day, there are a few anime scenes that can easily get me to cry. One is the one in the spoiler above for Clannad After Story (and most moments in that entire series, really).

Another is a moment in Sword Art Online,

when Kirito asks Asuna to stay out of the 75th floor boss battle and she just loses it lamenting that she wants to get out and meet him.

Last episode of Angel Beats!. And not just the very end, the whole thing. The entire scene was just way too heartwrenching.

A surprising one for me was in Kokoro Connect:

When Taichi is in the infirmary in the last episode and Inaba can't stop her feelings from overflowing. The emotion in that last "I love you!" hits me so hard that my eyes tear up without warning.

I lost it at this scene. I watched Clannad once on my own to great distress and feels, and later I went back through it with my girlfriend-now-fiance. The result involved so many tears.

To this day, there are a few anime scenes that can easily get me to cry. One is the one in the spoiler above for Clannad After Story (and most moments in that entire series, really).

Another is a moment in Sword Art Online,

when Kirito asks Asuna to stay out of the 75th floor boss battle and she just loses it lamenting that she wants to get out and meet him.

Last episode of Angel Beats!. And not just the very end, the whole thing. The entire scene was just way too heartwrenching.

I Agree with all of it.

Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! just made me shed a few tears in the last episode. Really have to appreciate this anime on an emotional/psychological level while still keeping it a drama/comedy.

I know how it is to tell somebody about the death of a loved one, especially if they can't understand the concept. But the fact the show was so upbeat until they tell Hina her parents will never be coming back in the last episode forced a few manly tears out.

When Ace sacrifices himself to save Luffy from Admiral Akainu's attack.  Akainu's attack actually went completely through Ace and left a permanent scar on Luffy's chest as a reminder.  The OP after the War of the Strongest actually involved Ace pushing Luffy on, and causes this to be the saddest moment from an anime for me.

Actually from what I remember, Luffy did get that scar during the war, and it was from Akainu, but not when ace sacrificed himself. It was after Luffy basically shut down mentally and Jinbe was carrying Luffy out of the battlefield and Akainu hit both Luffy and Jinbe with the attack.

And I will follow suite with Mevvrynne and go with a shounen anime.

Naruto Shippuden

Jiraiya's death. Not just his death, but the monologue and flashbacks really got to me.

Actually from what I remember, Luffy did get that scar during the war, and it was from Akainu, but not when ace sacrificed himself. It was after Luffy basically shut down mentally and Jinbe was carrying Luffy out of the battlefield and Akainu hit both Luffy and Jinbe with the attack.

And I will follow suite with Mevvrynne and go with a shounen anime.

Naruto Shippuden

Jiraiya's death. Not just his death, but the monologue and flashbacks really got to me.

I agree with them all... >.<