Saddest VN moment?

Isaac

I played Fate/Stay Night and I can say that Saber, Sakura and Rin's stories were sad as well. The impact was pretty deep but nothing as amazing as MLA.

Muv-Luv Alternative. That shit teared me apart in a lot of areas.

Kasumi's real-self. Practically whenever there is a good event with Kasumi. I like her a lot.

Death of Marimo.

The Casualty Conductor that fucked up the other word.

Isumi's & Kawashiga's death.

Mitsuki's death.

and especially ... especially Meiya, that one put a good number of nails on the coffin. I was terrified and had nightmares afterwards. She's my favorite character even before playing any of the Muv-Luv series since she's the alter character of Hayase Mitsuki. I like her determination and noble figure a lot.

On several occasions, I've made the unfortunate mistake of going back and doing alternative endings to VNs out of curiosity, which happen to be the bad ones more often than not. The most lamentable case of this is probably in Katawa Shoujo:

Hanako's bad ending, which, despite not being very detailed or anything, was borderline traumatizing for me.

Also, do you guys remember that part in Narcissu that was sad? I remember that part. That was a rather sad part. -_-

Theres a lot of MLA's. Personally, within muv luv alternative, the most heartbreaking part was 

Meiya's final moments.

lol you mentioned that before. Guess you really loved Meiya like me.

It's heresy, but I didn't really tear up at Meiya's apart.

I was too entwined in Takeru and the Supreme being's conversation. That was the most mind blowing, original thing I heard from a Japanese story. I wanted her to get out of the way. Plus everyone was dead at this point, so it didn't impact me anymore. I was expecting her to join all her comrades along with Takeru. I was felt sorry for those still alive.

Ayakashibito

Suzu losing her memories of Soushichi and her interactions with humanity, bringing back her hatred and prejudice for mankind.

She orders Soushichi to never come near her again with her soul language, and despite that, he visits her every day through sheer willpower and pain endurance, even fighting hopeless battles with Karasutengu in order to just see her face.

The long rides back and forth from the mansion on the rusty bike he fixed up just make it more depressing. :lol:

Now that I think about it; the entire game is pretty fucking depressing.

Kikokugai: The Cyber Slayer

Ruili had Haojun orchestrate her gang rape, torture, murder and soul transfer entirely because of Taoluo neglecting her incestious love; something which never even crossed his mind.

It makes the duel between Taoluo and Haojun very depressing.
Taoluo at this point can barely stand due to his completely battered, broken and ruptured body from excessive use of his Lightning Palm technique during his vengeful murder spree. :lol:

Regardless, Haojun never intended to kill Taoluo, but accidentally does so when Taoluo performs a masterful sword technique which breaks Haojun's sword and makes him ram into Taoluo at full speed, shattering his spine and having his own heart impaled by Taoluo's wodao.

KIKOKUGAI-0091.jpg

The biggest kick in the teeth is that Ruili is "resurrected" by having her soul pieces stored within the same gynoid.

She has Taoluo's soul transfered into it as well, where he has no memory of who she is, and they will now, presumably pursue a romantic relationship until the end of the gynoid's lifespan.

Tears of rage!

Gen Urobuchi has a twisted mind to say the least.

MLA:

I was shocked and saddened at Marimo's death.

A sudden case of OM NOM NOM.

I expected everyone else to die from the get-go, so none of it got to me.

Not to mention that every single self-sacrifice, say Kei, Isumi and Chizuru's could've been avoided entirely if they weren't so intent on dying for the cause.

And also the entirety of Kara no Shoujo.

There is no light at the end of that tunnel, lol.

Ayakashibito

Suzu losing her memories of Soushichi and her interactions with humanity, bringing back her hatred and prejudice for mankind.

She orders Soushichi to never come near her again with her soul language, and despite that, he visits her every day through sheer willpower and pain endurance, even fighting hopeless battles with Karasutengu in order to just see her face.

The long rides back and forth from the mansion on the rusty bike he fixed up just make it more depressing. :lol:

Precisely, the whole game was depressing. Also:

Vladmir's death, followed by his confession about the letters and Tonya's reaction, this scene was really fucking sad. Sasha also helped the whole feels train move but Vladimir was just too much. ;-;

Shuugen's death was also just too much, seeing him regretting his last lie while also feeling satisfied with the outcome just made things more depressing than they already were.

Irotoridori no Hikari, final route.

Basically, 75% of the entire second half of Shinku's route, the entire part is really depressing and it get worse until Shinku's eventual death, not to mention the despair she went through and her dying moments is really heartbreaking. The writer really show Shinku no mercy in this part and it turned out to be even more depressing than Clannad After Story. 

White Album 2 has ALOT of sad moments. but the saddest imo is..

The scene when Haruki calls Setsuna after she nearly

got raped by a bunch of thugs.. Setsuna asked Haruki where was he when she needed him the most... Finally Haruki plays "Todokanai Koi" with his guitar through the phone and Setsuna keeps on crying...

Ayakashibito

Kikokugai: The Cyber Slayer

Ruili had Haojun orchestrate her gang rape, torture, murder and soul transfer entirely because of Taoluo neglecting her incestious love; something which never even crossed his mind.

It makes the duel between Taoluo and Haojun very depressing.

Taoluo at this point can barely stand due to his completely battered, broken and ruptured body from excessive use of his Lightning Palm technique during his vengeful murder spree. :lol:

Regardless, Haojun never intended to kill Taoluo, but accidentally does so when Taoluo performs a masterful sword technique which breaks Haojun's sword and makes him ram into Taoluo at full speed, shattering his spine and having his own heart impaled by Taoluo's wodao.

KIKOKUGAI-0091.jpg

The biggest kick in the teeth is that Ruili is "resurrected" by having her soul pieces stored within the same gynoid.

She has Taoluo's soul transfered into it as well, where he has no memory of who she is, and they will now, presumably pursue a romantic relationship until the end of the gynoid's lifespan.

Tears of rage!

Gen Urobuchi has a twisted mind to say the least.

MLA:

I was shocked and saddened at Marimo's death.

A sudden case of OM NOM NOM.

I expected everyone else to die from the get-go, so none of it got to me.

Not to mention that every single self-sacrifice, say Kei, Isumi and Chizuru's could've been avoided entirely if they weren't so intent on dying for the cause.

And also the entirety of Kara no Shoujo.

There is no light at the end of that tunnel, lol.

Yeah they all seemed to want to die heroically

Muv Luv Alternative

The fight against the Superior. Meiya telling Takeru that he has no choice but to shoot her, after he realizes that everyone else is dead.

Muv Luv Alternative

The fight against the Superior. Meiya telling Takeru that he has no choice but to shoot her, after he realizes that everyone else is dead.

oh god.....The memories of reading that. 

• 1 year later...

LB!'s post-refrain

Riki waking up in da hospital with Rin in the corner holding her knees. Super sad, but also one of the best bittersweets cuz of all the thematics of their friends doing the magical timeloop crap in order to let the two be strong enough to live on their own.

Then it becomes the most BS VN moment 3 seconds later cuz yeah hurr durr JK, you two becomes stronger than strong and so we can reverse time narcolepsy go poof brah ERRBODY LIVES!@#

Also, G-Senjou... 

When "Kyosuke's Father" sacrifices itself for his "son"... Man, that was sad, but also is one of the most manly scenes that I've ever seen.

Gonzou´s death is imo pretty overrated. Let us remember that he is for most of the part responsible for most of Kyousuke´s anguish. He lived as scum, and one good deed is not going to fix it.

judge by my avatar)Well,srsly,

MLA

Meiya's death.Man,I've read a bunch of vn's after that,and discovered that i cannot cry anymore after that one.Also got depressed hard for week,shutted up in my room and improvising on piano and reading another's people opinions about that VN.

But there's another mentions too

Katawa Shoujo

Lilly route epilogue.Was my first vn route ever,so i've discovered my own senses,by crying out loud.Was shocked at first:P,because at that time no media can got me running tears.

Clannad

Kotomi route.Dont know why but it hit me pretty hard.Was my 3rd vn outta there.

And I wanna asy,that in cryscenes good soundtrack is  necessary.Really,like 40% of overall emotional expression came from music.I've discovered that sometimes unbearably sad moment can get not so touching just because of bad sound use(hello utawarerumono).

Also,pacing and story buildup is necessary too.In MLA we saw brilliantly directed scene(just my opinion)

And if you ever feel depressed-Majikoi is love,Majikoi is life.

LB!'s post-refrain

Riki waking up in da hospital with Rin in the corner holding her knees. Super sad, but also one of the best bittersweets cuz of all the thematics of their friends doing the magical timeloop crap in order to let the two be strong enough to live on their own.

Then it becomes the most BS VN moment 3 seconds later cuz yeah hurr durr JK, you two becomes stronger than strong and so we can reverse time narcolepsy go poof brah ERRBODY LIVES!@#

Rewrite Shizuru end

What a complete downer ending mang. Errbody dies!@# And Kotarou turns into a fking tree. WTF.

Symphonic Rain Lise

Just seeing the poor kawaii Lise end up in the hospital losing her memory cuz of big bad Grave ;-;. Fk Grave.