Translation Project for Otome ga Tsumugu Koi no Canvas

Glitch98

010191-8445.jpg

I am looking to start a translation for this game and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help.

I already have a translator who can read hiragana and katakana perfectly fine but isn't very good with kanji and slang so having another translator or 2 will be necessary, a translation checker is also needed at the moment, an image editor would also be welcomed and a hacker is what I am looking for the most to get the project started. I will be editing and I will also be doing the quality checking. 

I have a website for this where a little more information on this can be found, neoprinny.com.

Edit: We have our Image editor and Editor positions have been filled while we still need a hacker and more translators the most and another translation checker.

I can now say we have officially started, although we are still looking for more translators and translation checkers.

Edited by Glitch98

Hello, I am CaptainCepsa, the current sole translator.

I take Japanese lessons on Saturdays in the morning.  I have been taking Japanese for quite a while, and know enough that I was able to go to Japan with my father, and be able to know my way around and ask for directions when needed, and also intend to go again to live with a friend for a month or two.

I can speak and read a good amount of the language, but as Glitch had said, I am not the best with Kanji, and that is what I mostly learn at the school.  My slang is also poor, and so I do not want to break the immersion a visual novel gives you with blocky phrases that do not sound like what a normal teenager gets, which is why we need someone who is really good with particularly slang, and pretty much all around good.

Me and Glitch live relatively close to each other in real life, and as such have the ease of communication, we have many ways we would like to communicate, and we would really like help to get our website going! We have more plans for the website when it gets on it's feet, and would appreciate ANY help that anyone can offer!

Thanks a bunch!

~CaptainCepsa

I like to help but the most I can do is quality checking and translation checker. I would like to do image editor or hacker work but I have like no exp But i would like to learn!

So give me a buzz if I can help! =)

Thank you for your reply, we would be glad to have you on board for this project as a translation checker and quality checker although you don't necessarily have to do both if you don't want but it would be welcomed. I will contact you once the project starts, once again thank you.

Image editing would be in case of the situation where there is a static image that needs editing, for example if a game were to show a picture of, say a newspaper, that had something the player is supposed to read, it would need to be translated and different from the script because the writing is on the picture itself.  For example, the VN might have parts where there is writing that needs to be understood by the player, within a picture.  For example, the settings for the game might use a static picture, where "display" is written in japanese, and it isn't in the script, because it is in the picture, we would need someone to edit the pictures to delete the japanese, and still keep it looking normal.  Similarly, there might be the start, settings, and quit game buttons at the main menu, where the buttons are simply a picture, and the buttons need to be edited.  If you understand that, I'm sorry for my lack of expertise in explaining things. XD  We'd love to have you!

In that case i can be of help, i just had to ask because i've never been in a translating project. just hit me up whenever you need to edit an image.

The tools i use are Photoshop CS3

I'll partner up with Flutterz :P

yayy!

We also could use testers too, of course it would be whenever it is all done, which might take a looong while,  but a quality checker, simply playing through the game looking for errors or anything that looks a little messy that needs editing.  only if you want :D

In that case i can be of help, i just had to ask because i've never been in a translating project. just hit me up whenever you need to edit an image.

The tools i use are Photoshop CS3

I'll partner up with Flutterz :P

Yeah! Tag team photoshopping! :D

Edit: 

yayy!

We also could use testers too, of course it would be whenever it is all done, which might take a looong while,  but a quality checker, simply playing through the game looking for errors or anything that looks a little messy that needs editing.  only if you want  :D

Yeah, I can do that as well. Just about anyone can test; my English is fairly good and I'm good at fighting typos, but my punctuation isn't great and sentences don't always come out the way I want them, which is why I can't be a full-on editor.

English is not my native language but i'm confident enough to check for errors and punctuation mistakes. In any case if i have doubts i'll ask to make sure. I think most people can fight these anyway. I hope at least one more translator joins. Schboomer i hope you're reading this.

Is it okay if i add this project to vndb as a full patch release or do you still want to wait for more people?

English is not my native language but i'm confident enough to check for errors and punctuation mistakes. In any case if i have doubts i'll ask to make sure. I think most people can fight these anyway. I hope at least one more translator joins. Schboomer i hope you're reading this.

Is it okay if i add this project to vndb as a full patch release or do you still want to wait for more people?

As soon as we get a hacker, you can add it to VNDB!  I am hesitant right now, because we need a hacker to get the script files to get things going, and if we get a 2nd or 3rd translator, that will be amazing!!!

Translation checkers obviously check the translation that was made by translators and give suggestions if there's some error or if some other word is more appropriate than the one in use or even the whole sentence. Basically what you said

Quick checkers are the ones that check for actual spelling errors and grammatical errors in the english but of course translation checkers can point that out too.

I'm also excited for this translation, it'd be my first novel with a trap protag

I would like to give thanks to those whom have given their support thus far and I will give thanks to whoever gives their support in the future. I myself am excited to see this project get off its feet and start moving. As it stands right now we need another translation checker, more translators, and to actually get started we need a hacker.

Oh my god! I can't believe that some people wanna try tling this! wow...i loveee youu guuuys xD Hmmm i would to help u guuys but i'm a bit unsure. What does a translation checker do? just checking the translation, looking out for mistakes and maybe correcting them?

yes, as simply stated before, you would re-read the script in japanese and english and see if it matches well enough :D