Share your Graphics

Arturia

So I'm thinking of getting a Wacom Bamboo Create to step up my art work. Also I want it to write Kanji. They have the older model for 89.99 on amazon. It's refurbished but I hear a lot of good reviews for it.

My only issue is, I hate buying anything that gets replaced easily. When I buy something I'd rather spend more so it could last me longer. But spending more doesn't always equal quality and it could just burn a hole in your pocket.

710x440_Create_01.jpg?mw=780

It's basically like what this lady is doing. She uses a touch sensitive pressure pen to draw, scribble, sketch etc on the screen. Some strokes and brushes aren't possible with a mouse. It's compatible with most editing software. 

Thoughts? Suggestions? Opinions? Experiences?

2048 pen pressure is the best so be sure to look out for that. 1024 is manageable but once you get pretty good at it you'll hit that 'wall' with the device.

I have the Cintiq 22 HD Touch ... fucking amazing - best drawing tablet, period. Only downside is it is not an IPS Panel ... fucking 2250 USD without an IPS panel is a retarded choice on Wacom's side.

But I wouldn't suggest those at all. The 13 inch HD is about 1K or less and that's sufficient enough for economic use.

Bamboo works really well and it's great. Just be sure to check the pen pressure. That's important. Along with the keys to the side. I have shit load of keys on the Cintiq and some extra touch pads on the back of the monitor of each side.

2048 pen pressure is the best so be sure to look out for that. 1024 is manageable but once you get pretty good at it you'll hit that 'wall' with the device.

I have the Cintiq 22 HD Touch ... fucking amazing - best drawing tablet, period. Only downside is it is not an IPS Panel ... fucking 2250 USD without an IPS panel is a retarded choice on Wacom's side.

But I wouldn't suggest those at all. The 13 inch HD is about 1K or less and that's sufficient enough for economic use.

Bamboo works really well and it's great. Just be sure to check the pen pressure. That's important. Along with the keys to the side. I have shit load of keys on the Cintiq and some extra touch pads on the back of the monitor of each side.

Thank you for this: I haven't heard about the "wall" comment yet. I notice a couple of a people complaining 2048 was too sensitive for them including some girl on youtube. But it makes sense if they have a low coordination ceiling lol. 

It's something I almost overlooked. 

Crunchy, the 2048 is very sensitive. But you can control all of that with practice, and practice, and the right tools, and practice. I really hope you know the program. It's one of the best programs to sketch and draw stuff on. It's also a good program to paint on but it's nothing as amazing as PhotoShop. You know how the artists make those really beautiful curvy lines? SAI does it perfectly. I can't explain it well but if you would search YouTube you would see how they do that.

Another thing I want you to be aware of is that what makes and breaks your drawing is practice and the tools you use. Mostly, the brushes. Drawing is all about brushes before anything else. You've gotta create your own brushes (it's not very hard, YouTube and Google are the answer). And just practice. After so much practice you just gotta involve the laws of gravity and physics. Keep that in mind.

Here is also a thread from Yande.re - https://yande.re/forum/show/16730?page=1

Simple stuff. There's also a really nice way showing how to make the 'gray' areas and then fill it in with colors. Take sometime to learn that while drawing.

HMm just wanted to mention, I myself have a Cheap Wacom Bamboo Tablet from a couple of Years ago, I used it a bit but quickly stoped using it.. The problem for me for those type of Tablets is that i cant Draw or write on it while looking at the screen as it doesnt feel right and as such i dont use it well...That is why, when i draw i prefer to use Pencil and Paper or if i had the money i would rather use a Tablet with a screen which would be easier to draw on... Just a Review on that non-screen tablet..i didnt particularly enjoy it, but ofcourse that is just me xD..

Crunchy, the 2048 is very sensitive. But you can control all of that with practice, and practice, and the right tools, and practice. I really hope you know the program. It's one of the best programs to sketch and draw stuff on. It's also a good program to paint on but it's nothing as amazing as PhotoShop. You know how the artists make those really beautiful curvy lines? SAI does it perfectly. I can't explain it well but if you would search YouTube you would see how they do that.

Another thing I want you to be aware of is that what makes and breaks your drawing is practice and the tools you use. Mostly, the brushes. Drawing is all about brushes before anything else. You've gotta create your own brushes (it's not very hard, YouTube and Google are the answer). And just practice. After so much practice you just gotta involve the laws of gravity and physics. Keep that in mind.

Here is also a thread from Yande.re - https://yande.re/forum/show/16730?page=1

Simple stuff. There's also a really nice way showing how to make the 'gray' areas and then fill it in with colors. Take sometime to learn that while drawing.

I've bookmarked that link and I'll keep all that in mind. I'm not familiar with any of the apps yet but I've seen those curves in demonstrations. I have mainly PS in mind for this, but I might need to investigate in the other apps they have.

HMm just wanted to mention, I myself have a Cheap Wacom Bamboo Tablet from a couple of Years ago, I used it a bit but quickly stoped using it.. The problem for me for those type of Tablets is that i cant Draw or write on it while looking at the screen as it doesnt feel right and as such i dont use it well...That is why, when i draw i prefer to use Pencil and Paper or if i had the money i would rather use a Tablet with a screen which would be easier to draw on... Just a Review on that non-screen tablet..i didnt particularly enjoy it, but ofcourse that is just me xD..

That could pose a problem. Save up money and buy a Cintiq. That thing is beautiful. 

This could be you

• 3 months later...

I also recommend Cintiq. It's super amazing. Very beautiful monitor and responsive. There are other rip-offs of Cintiq out there, and I call them rip offs because the quality and critical details that they have versus Cintiq products are drastically large. You don't have the money? Save, save, save, and you will have them.

I own a Cintiq 22HD Touch. Absolutely amazing, worth every dime.

Going to update this thread after a good break from PhotoShop.

Sansei Murasama

sansei_murasama_avatar_1.pngsansei_murasama_banner_1.jpg

Original (Gigantic picture, questionable content)

yande.re-303410-blood-cleavage-dress-ful

Real-time Progressive Work (Questionable content)

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't done much in a few months but i felt today that i need to get back into some of my old things like my novels and Graphical Design...TOday i edited a wallpaper i thought was pretty cool and added a darker feel to it..

kagerou_project1.jpg

I had forgotten a few things to add to the image so heres the edit version.

kagerou_project2.jpg