Share your Graphics

Arturia

I've never touched that field so it amazes me :D

Really you like it? thanks!

I'll tell you one thing, it very time consuming to create anything in 3d, spent a week just on her and shes not done yet!

Thou I'm a hobbyist so I might work inefficiently 

Heya...

I was wondering if anyone here likes to create there own work for example wallpapers or signatures.

I have recently entered Graphical Design and like to make my own.

If anyone else likes to do so, Why not post your results here, pretty sure it will be better then mine xD.

Anyway For now i will post a few i have made. Any feedback regarding it is allright xD, Be it bad or good.

MyWallpaper.jpg

Wallpaper.jpg

MyAkira1.jpg

background.jpg

Sig1.jpg

Another South African XD ?! Oh yes

3d art never fails to amuse me, huge props for you, I've seen people do it and it's so hard. 

It actually not that hard, its just that.. like everything worth doing, it requires love and patients.. lots lots of patients.

Does this thread counts to 3d art too? I have a work-in-progress project which I actually just about to finish the first character and I would love to hear opinions up til now: (please keep in mind this model is designed for real time rendering)

Warning: I haven't textured the eyes yet, so it might be a bit creepy.

10qxidg.jpg

29opmb4.jpg

The hair is using alpha map and extrnal texture so it won't be visible until the final render.

thou in a previous render test (with lots of errors that have been fixed since) it look like this:

4j82u9.jpg

very impressive, I look forward to seeing the final product.

I have a couple of tags around somewhere I have to look for them though :P

Picked up a few things looking at people's work here.

This is like AMMSY's signature but modified. 

YumikoSignature.png

Well, I can see you messed around with the hue.  How did you put in the lettering, though?  I never really learned how to do that, since I learned how to use Photoshop from a photography class.  Did you also make it have a transparent background?

Well, I can see you messed around with the hue.  How did you put in the lettering, though?  I never really learned how to do that, since I learned how to use Photoshop from a photography class.  Did you also make it have a transparent background?

I just asked a graphic design artist to teach me a few basics. They know about text and perspectives.

I made a fully modifiable Amane template that can be downloaded here. It'll explain it. You can use that however you want too.

AmaneSig.png

Picked up a few things looking at people's work here.

This is like AMMSY's signature but modified. 

YumikoSignature.png

thats pretty good! may I use it? If so can you adjust it a bit? I liked the image in it's more natural colors, a little less bright I mean.. If thats okay by you.

HMm Taco, that Image yo ucreated has a nice feel to it.. it is pretty hard to add a Character to a scenery Background in a way that is good for both of them. One thing you can do is save the image, and then ake a copy that you can Experiment with...Like add Brushs and color or .... i am not sure but yeh experiment is a good thing to do xD.

And Roach, those Sigs look good.. i can feel the quality in them..

Roach, if you are up for some advice then you can take mine.

Your signatures don't have that naturalistic look to them. Look at the character, then the background. Do that few times and you'll see that the colors don't blend. They don't 'flow' together if that makes sense. Another thing is that some of them have some very low opacity frames that, regardless of whether we can make them out or not, they don't go very smoothly.

The last two are about right. The last one is. So what you did there is how you ultimately blend colors well. There are several ways to do so. You can give them an ocean or warm feel to it (won't go into that option yet) or you can play around with many different levels of colors. Go to Adjustment Layers > Gradient Maps and pick out a color of your choice. Mine are usually black and white, lower opacity between 30-50% and grab the eraser with 35-70% opacity and 40-70% flow with a fainted circular shape eraser (not the solid dot, the faint dot) make it large enough and erase a bit. Usually the focal point works well. That's one way to control colors and keep it blended and not highly saturated or have it very bright. Those signatures never stand out without sharpening them or doing some real creative work with filters.

Anyways, try that out. You can toss the first or second PSD my way and I'll do it a bit my style and send it back to you with some instructions.

Yeah, I've noticed that too. I dunno, it look like Kanade just 'floats' on the background, I guess? And thanks for the advice! Although I'm not really sure about the stuff like what I am supposed to erase, etc. I guess I will just watch some tutorials on youtube. Can you tell me what this is called?

Unfortunately, I didn't save the PSD for the first and second one since I'm not really planning to edit them anymore back then. I did save the third one though, so here it is if anyone is interested. It's really really really plain though, and I didn't even name the layers since I'm lazy.