Share your Graphics

Arturia

Whats the message? Asuho is psycho?

I don't know how to deliver something extremely profound with that sig so don't expect anything really impressive -_-

I tried to express 2 things with the sig:

- first I played with different paletes to get across different emotions to the viewer using the same expression. The point of some images being laddered or upside down is to make it even more unnatural to the whole compostion and instill uneasinnes and puzzlement on the viewer.

- and second, Asuho was very insecure and she allways hid that insecurity with her smile (The reasons for that insecurity are spoilers). I tried to portray that insecurity behind the scenes using the resources I described above. The reason why I picked that exact expression was because it's an overly exagerated smile: This adds to the message.

Inb4: pretentiousness ;_; Yeah, I know, but I like doing this stuff and it's not like I expect everyone to have the same interpretation as I did. I just wanted to express my thoughts in an artistic way.

Ok well here is take number 2 regarding the stock image of Ayanami..

here i only used her image and a blank canvas..the rest i did with just a brush..

well this did feel kind of rushed but this idea of a sunset i made from scratch felt like a good idea..i like it but i need to practice..here it is.

ayanami_sunset2.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Been a long time since I last made something, not like I ever had amazing skills but anyway, here are some of my recent works.

My current signature - Nonon Jakuzure, Kill la Kill

LEyyhvZ.jpg

My facebook cover - Soul Eater Evans, Soul Eater (a bit old, my first one using this model, my sign above is the "final product")

g2vHRvC.jpg

A random one I made after finishing the game - Hanako, Katawa Shoujo

xiPBe1u.jpg

For a simple Color and Shading you could use the Hue/Saturation in the Image settings in Photoshop..If i recall that is where you can change the color and add Shadowy and Highlight coloring..I have not fully experimented with Dodge and Burn yet so i can not say much with that..It really is just trying all sort of things to get the image you appreciate. Keep it up and enjoy it.

For a simple Color and Shading you could use the Hue/Saturation in the Image settings in Photoshop..If i recall that is where you can change the color and add Shadowy and Highlight coloring..I have not fully experimented with Dodge and Burn yet so i can not say much with that..It really is just trying all sort of things to get the image you appreciate. Keep it up and enjoy it.

Dodge and Burn are one of the tools from many options. I use them to bring highlights or emit dark spots. Check my videos.

I use a lot of Adjustment Layers and some Filters.

Rose - you know you had it coming. YouTube " how to resize pictures in Photoshop."

I really wish I was good at using photoshop, I gotta take a week to learn and practice stuff someday. 

I don't really know color and shading, but I once heard burn and dodge tools are very important.

I only know enough about Photoshop to touch up images (Clone Stamping, Black and White coloration, applying filters, etc.), but I will say, unless you already know exactly how to do what you're trying to do, you will fail at using Photoshop.  Before I was taught how to do those things I tried experimenting with some of the tools...it didn't work too well.  I actually got so frustrated that I stopped trying altogether.  It has a pretty steep learning curve at first, but once you learn the basics, it's not that difficult.  If you want to learn how to use Photoshop, I'd highly recommend having someone you know teach you, like really, sitting next to you while they instruct you how to use certain tools and options.  Looking up videos and guides just isn't the same.  That's just me, anyway.  It might be easier for you to teach yourself, or just follow a guide.  If you do start using it, just know that the Clone Stamp tool is your best friend.  Seriously, one of the best Photoshop tools ever.

Here's one piece of important advice for using Photoshop: Whenever you do anything to an image, make another layer to apply the changes to.  Never apply the changes to the original picture unless you absolutely need to.  It's highly recommended that you do that, then, when you've done all of the changes you want and you have the layers in the correct order (the correct order depends on what changes you've made and how you want them to look on the image), you flatten the layers to make it into a single picture.  Also, if at all possible, I'd recommend using a Mac for Photoshop, or other digital art applications; the UI seems to be a lot simpler on the Mac version.

@Zeph

Yeah, I basically work with signatures and sometimes making wallpapers for myself so the original imagine is always intact. Well, I won't deny it's better if someone can teach you around but I did just fine by myself, all I can do now is stuff I started to experiment after following guides, guess it's a really personal thing. 

@Tatsujin

Thanks, I'll take a look. Some people have addressed about the images being kinda weird because of the resize but I have never seen anything wrong with that, unless it gets extremely ugly I probably won't notice. Thanks for remembering me that I have to improve in this, I'll be sure to try.

^ No problem. You can also go to the corner of the Selection (hope you know what Selection is, otherwise YouTube that) and hold Shift and drag the corner of the Selection inwards to resize it quickly. The layer must not be locked. You can duplicate the layer to unlock it (fastest way to do it).

Here's a quick slap in PhotoShop. Took about 10 to 15 minutes to put together.

yuuji_sachi_banner_1.png

PSD. Open this and look over what I've done.

Does this thread counts to 3d art too? I have a work-in-progress project which I actually just about to finish the first character and I would love to hear opinions up til now: (please keep in mind this model is designed for real time rendering)

Warning: I haven't textured the eyes yet, so it might be a bit creepy.

10qxidg.jpg

29opmb4.jpg

The hair is using alpha map and extrnal texture so it won't be visible until the final render.

thou in a previous render test (with lots of errors that have been fixed since) it look like this:

4j82u9.jpg

Does this thread counts to 3d art too? I have a work-in-progress project which I actually just about to finish the first character and I would love to hear opinions up til now: (please keep in mind this model is designed for real time rendering)

Warning: I haven't textured the eyes yet, so it might be a bit creepy.

10qxidg.jpg

29opmb4.jpg

The hair is using alpha map and extrnal texture so it won't be visible until the final render.

thou in a previous render test (with lots of errors that have been fixed since) it look like this:

4j82u9.jpg

I've never touched that field so it amazes me :D