Share your Graphics

Arturia

When i arrange something, mainly signatures and facebook covers, i tend to play around with layers, effects and transparency. I also have an habit of being picky with the character i choose and the original picture i plan to use, so im a slow worker. By the way, i use Gimp, tried using PS once but couldnt get used to it.

Did this yesterday

Cr1HJt1.png

Well today i present a New work i made..all i did was Cut out a Picture of Michiru from Grisaia and the rest is done by me..I added a lot of Abstract brushes, some sparkles and changed the color on most of them..Then i changed most of their opacity and added some "Level's" and a bit of Hue/Saturation change..After i saved it i redited it with some Filter gallery to add more of a Painted feel to it, Here is the finished.

Michiru2.jpg

May I save the image ?

That looks really good, the colors blend really well and the effect is nicely done.

Plus the character is lovely

You just motivated me Sensei

That would be great, Thank you xD..I really am glad with myself on this recent work..My other works felt too crammed and just had bits everywhere, THis one felt perfect in a way that it all fitted perfectly together..

THis alone has motivated myself into creating more brighter art and ill see if i can do a bit more later..

Save the picture, Share the picture, Love the picture...

SSL xD maybe ill make that a motto or something xD.

Hmm well today i had a try at another picture, Although i feel like i didnt do too well on this one and it felt like it was like my old ones..Anyway here it is ..

I feel that i messed up with the Hue/Saturation this time around , and i feel that the mass amount of Brushses seem to ruin the feel of the Wallpaper..I got to learn when to ease up and control whats in the Picture.

AsuxKiri-Recovered.jpg

It does look good.

But the problem is the contrast beetween the characters which and anime colors and the background.

They don't have the "snowy" feeling the background gives.

Maybe darken the characters ine the middle and make them blend to the whole frame (By "Brushing" them ... perhaps?).

(I don't now if I made any sense whatsoever since I have very little english vocab to express the impression CG's leave on me.)

Well today i present a New work i made..all i did was Cut out a Picture of Michiru from Grisaia and the rest is done by me..I added a lot of Abstract brushes, some sparkles and changed the color on most of them..Then i changed most of their opacity and added some "Level's" and a bit of Hue/Saturation change..After i saved it i redited it with some Filter gallery to add more of a Painted feel to it, Here is the finished.

Michiru2.jpg

I tend to avoid using red, orange, pink or any warm color for my stuff, but here she harmonizes perfectly with the colors, beautiful. I havent played Michiru's route yet but i can feel the cuteness from your work.

Dunno if this will help but, when i crop a character and do a new background, i usually make a layer between the background and the character for blending purposes, adding things like shadows, some brushes, blurring, etc; otherwise it looks out of place or just not natural.

im glad you all enjoying my Michiru Work.. When it comes to Backgrounds, i always tend to wonder what would be best, but then most of the time i tend to over do it with the background.

One thing i have forgotten is the Shadows and Blurring..Thanks i should try that out later..

Whoa! The Michiru one looks really neat! The SAO one doesn't really give the vibe though, I don't think that dark-ish theme suited the characters D:

Seeing you guys are sharing tips when it comes to designs, I'll share too! I hope they help (and are understandable D;) I tend to play a lot with effects or filters, also with this http://buitemsce.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/photoshop-cs6-dark-interface-large1.jpg (the drop menu that emerges when you click on "Color Dodge", I don't know how to say it in english, as I don't even remember how it is called xD), gradient maps, illumination and C4D (or brushes).
I usually take the render and duplicate it a few times, then fiddle with the thing I don't know how it's called (reefer to image provided by google xD), give it some blending options, and only then I begin making the background, randomizing effects with images until I'm happy. After that I use the C4D or brushes, mostly over the render, and finish it with text and gradients until the colors are to my liking D:!

Well i just made this one today...i used two separate images this time compared to my single edited image..i used a stock background i had got from Minitokyo.net and used Ayanami Rei as the focus..Unfortunately the two were a bit different from the start so it didnt work well in the end...Anyway here it is.

MidnightMonsoon.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Nice work guys o:!
I liked the first one better, Arturia (of these two http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae344/armogedon/MidnightMonsoon.jpg - http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae344/armogedon/MidnightMonsoonEdit.jpg ), and this new one is really cool :'D I've been doing some signatures for the Little Busters! avatar group, if you want you can check them out there.

(totally not advertising the thread (?))