It's been a great year, lets make the next one even better~

Steve

Yep, soon it will be a year since I registered on the forums - in 9 hours from now I will already have had my first post a year ago - this wall of text introduction post. Now that I read it again... nothing really changed with me xD, I still have my hentai-bed and I still love Mare and lolis.

But what I didn't know back then is how well I will be received on the forums and how quickly I will make it my new home. And by home I literally mean home, some of you who know me better will know that I don't really have "real life", I even said that in the intro post but it is quite true, my life is on the internet - and there I always had a home. Whether it was private server forum in the days of early wow, guild forum in the days of burning crusade on blizzard server, guild forum for the best TERA online guild Elin Dance Squad or pso-world team forum. But this was all after I quit wow, it was after our EDS TERA guild split to US/EU thanks to bad decision from the publisher, after I quit pso2 after a decision to merge with another team (only to return later to start my very own best team in pso2 ロリコンでも恋がしたい )...

So I literally didn't have a place to be, to express myself with my tldr posts. So I was thinking, what I like the most now - the answer was VNs, after I fell in love with Mare, I didn't think about anything else, looking up translations I am looking forward to, checking VN aer blog and all that.
And that was when I decided to try to find people with similar tastes to that. I knew about various forums, hongfire, vndb, etc - but those just didn't look like I would fit it or more like I didn't feel I wanted to fit in. Instead I went with what I knew well, Aaeru and her blog (it took me like 3 months on the forums to actually figure out that Aaeru is female xD so maybe I didn't know her that well xD) were the biggest source of information about VNs I was following at the time and I agreed with Aaeru on so many topics, copyright protests, prepatched games, not caring about what others think too much. So I tried it, registered and tried to talk about some lolis and VNs...

And here I am today, still taking about lolis and VNs, posting tldrs and just having so much fun with the great people we have here. Fuwanovel literally became my new home on the internet, the first website I check after I launch Firefox.
So homely that I was able to express even my initiative, trying to direct translation for my most wanted game Eternal Heart so the world of non-Japanese speakers can finally receive what it deserves - UNLIMITED MARE.
I was eventually able to get some fuwa people on my TS3 server (where if you want to come you should definitely use Mare Theme now version 1.1!!!). Even the almighty Archmage Tay shows in there once in a while (although I was never able to get Aaeru there xD).
I was even received so well here that I got offered a moderator role with words "continue doing what you're doing" - so I started posting even MORE LOLIS as I accepted to be the Loli Moderator.
And again, here I am today, after a great year with great people, thinking back if there is something I should have done differently, not finding anything. This was one of the best decisions I made, registering here, and I shall never regret it~

And so before I post my final loli for this post, I would like to express my gratitude so some people.
Biggest thanks would go to Tay who has been the greatest admin fuwanovel could ask for and an awesome friend who always took time to care.
To Ryoji who even through his health problems was irreplaceable help to the whole community and a good friend who wants everyone to be happy, thus sharing same vision I do.
To Batman, the hardest to teach student of loli ways (it might take years but one day... one day...) and also my biggest adversary here, who would never give me anything without a fair fight.
And of course to Aaeru who created this great website so we together can create this great community and who helped me in many ways as well.
And to all others who has been a great people to talk to about all kinds of stuff, from copyright issues to game development, through starcraft and VN hacking, lolis, moe and all that. You know very well who you are (I originally started listing people but then when writing the next part I remembered someone else who belonged here and as I didn't want to risk missing someone else, I just deleted the list and rewritten to this part xD).
And also thanks to all the people I didn't have much talks or dealings with yet but are great help to the community and website like Nayleen and Naomi, I am sure that in the following year we will talk to each other much more~
And final thanks to everyone who read this whole thing, although I have a feeling they already belong to one of the categories above - but if not and you are some new member trying to know more about me - well now you should know enough so start posting more so I can get to know YOU.

And with that... the winter is coming (it actually did snow a bit few days ago already but its gone again) so I have one very special Einhart for you - I was actually saving this picture to be posted in Fuwanovel 2013 x-mas thread and I was going to post some picture of Mare in this thread, but there hasn't been a new originally drawn picture of Mare in months (basically since her birthday- and I check every day) so I don't have anything that I didn't post already.
So there you go!
a7KU4GL.jpg

If you think about it a little, this picture represents the future of Fuwanovel - winter will come, we might need protection from the cold as sometimes days are already getting bellow 0 temperature here, we might find ourselves confused and unable to solve the situation... but with the power of love and friendship we can always solve every problem to the point where other communities will view it as magic of some sorts... And also there will always be a loli waiting for us...

So I hope my second year here will be at least as good as the first one, and thus I plea to all of you who came after me - try to be kind to each other, respectful, have fun and be happy - maybe even you can then look back after your first year here and have no regrets and just good memories. Because that's how it should be~

May the lolis be with everyone.

I shall always look up to you Steve as a loli mentor, i remember looking up your posts when i joined just to find loli content.

(Even if we don't talk often you're my favorite staff member  :ph34r: )

Let us have plenty of years here as Fuwanovel grows bigger and bigger until there is a lolipocalypse.

Thank you for all your work~

Lolipocalypse rejected. 

Well, we talked some times on TS, and you're a very interesting person. Yay for 2D~

Hopefully we can talk to each other more on this new year~

This is too brief, but I didn't really want to write a wall of text (since I feel like people wouldn't have the energy to read it after reading yours :P)

Thus I'll give you a loli instead. Koishi is nice~

(not NSFW, but I put it under spoilers since it may be too big)

eBNigj6.png

Happy fuwa year~

I have to ask was the TERA guild on Killian? I was also on Elin dance squad when I was playing TERA around 8 months ago.

That was the remainder of the EU part of EDS that stayed after the game went free to play, as our original server (Samael EU) was merged with all other EU English servers into this one. Sadly it was nothing compared to what it used to be before the split, in that time when the EU publisher held important patch for like a month behind NA publisher, we basically lost over 75% of all members as ~50% went to NA and then half from the remaining people quit completely not wanting to wait for frogster to finally give us the patch while paying 15$ a month (I was one of those who quit trying to at least stay on forums but later left that too). In the time you were in EDS (after free to play transition) there could have been maybe 5% of the original members from beta (so like 3 or so).

I am sure the new people that took over the guild after the split were kind and good people too but imagine it like if every current member of fuwanovel with 100 or more posts left and newer people would take over - it is suddenly just something completely different (I did attend one event after it went free to play to see how things changed).

Wow Steve.  That was really a wonderful read.  Thanks for sharing that with us.  I guess we share a lot of views about love and respect--too bad I can't join the Loli Alliance or solidfapmanbatman will kill me Dx  

Anywho Steve, I really have a lot of respect for you now: you state your belief and do not move an inch, and that's such an admirable trait~!  I hope we can continue to get to know each other more and more--hey, I should join TS just to do that...is there a K-On TS skin available~?  Love you Steve, and looking forward to a great year~!  Yoroshiku onegai shi masu~

(Even if we don't talk often you're my favorite staff member  :ph34r: )

Traitor~!  :P 

is there a K-On TS skin available~?

well there might be one made by someone else and if you hop in with this skin I can tell you where the images are located and you can technically replace the images with K-on images and if you keep the same name as the images I put there, it will work.

Its not even hard making the images, you just take some you like and apply some opacity in photoshop to make them a bit transparent so you can actually read the text. And its 3 images total, info board (the hoshizora no memoria logo), room selection (the standing mare) and chatbox (the smiling mare).

Thank you for the kind words and kind lolis everyone :) I am tempted to post one more loli I have saved for special occasions, I have bunch of those but with the rate I was posting lolis here I am running low on not yet posted ones xD So I will keep them a secret for now, at least now people will have something to aim for - cause special events where Steve would post loli images as a form of celebration :P

So I will keep them a secret for now, at least now people will have something to aim for - cause special events where Steve would post loli images as a form of celebration :P

But fear not my friends, I have come with some loli to tide you over until that wondrous occasion:

DRpNGf1.jpg

vtzsHMD.jpg

83z42SS.jpg

OT1clmg.jpg

(This one's a little lot on the ecchi side: http://i.imgur.com/Sek2kcY.jpg )

I just have to post this for Steve.... (and maybe for everyone else :D)

5tnys.png

it is... something... why is she so fat? xD

Btw I just noticed I had this posted in the wrong section the whole time, why didn't anyone tell me? xD

Has it been a year for you already? Nice to hear it. Glad to have met you on Fuwan. <3

Geez, this one thing forced me to read through the whole thing.

At first, I looked through, thinking, "Whoa, this is HUGE! What the heck." So, I proceeded to skip to the bottom. Read some, and read all the replies. When I read boomer's little, "Glad to have met you," I was thinking, "Wait. Is he leaving? Why would he be LEAVING?" And thus, I ended up reading all of it, looking in every nook and cranny to find out for sure if you were gonna disappear to somewhere. Nope, you're not leaving.

Anyways, we haven't talked, ever, despite noticing your name. I don't know if you've seen me, anywhere but I too am a Steve. (Called that where I play Touhou 12.3. Mostly used as jokes in real life, but it has been a nickname a number of times.) Of course, you were Steve here first, so you got me beat.

Welp, figured I'd say hi to you eventually, so hey there, and cheers to a good next year!

I'm actually kinda happy that I read that wall of text...

Anyways, while I have not really been here for long (only two months, in fact), your "restarting" of the Eternal heart project represents a large chunk of the reason that I decided to join Fuwanovel in the first place. I hope that your next year here will be a good one, and that you will continue to provide Fuwanovel with much amusement and Lolis.

Ah, man.  That's incredible.  Happy one year at Fuwanovel, Steve.  You're honestly one of my best friends here, and you have never failed to be yourself.  That's exactly what I needed from you as a moderator, and you've never let me down.

I want to tell everybody a little story about when Steve was made moderator.  It's a rare and unique insight into the Ryoji-and-Tay days.  Back when the site was much smaller.  (~End of March 2013)

Ryoji and I had just crested the waves of two or three huge issues and, on a Skype call, we said to each other, "We cannot do that again.  We need more moderators to help with the forums so we can focus on the big stuff."  We came up with a pretty good-sized list of candidates, actually, and many of the people on the list are still on "the list" today.  As we were proposing names, we chose a couple that we knew would be stellar, and then Ryoji said something like, "I feel like there's still something missing. I think I know who we need."

"Who?"

"I don't know how I feel about it, though."

"Okay? Who is it?"

"It's Steve."

Silence.

Me: "It may be crazy, but I think he's absolutely perfect." *

(*Note, that conversation with Ryoji isn't word-for-word from memory, but it's pretty darn close to how it went down) (I'd need to get Ryoji to help me remember the details)

Back then Steve was causing all sorts of a ruckus with his love for lolis (he was the first to unleash the loli-ness in any meaningful way on the forums).  He drove Ryoji nuts at times.  Yet, at that moment in the Skype call, both Ryoji and I knew that Steve was going to be important to Fuwanovel, and would make a good moderator.

And I'll tell you why that is.  Steve has his thoughts and opinions, and he knows why he has them, and he will share them with you at the drop of a hat.  (Really, the man can make a wall of text appear at a moment's notice.)  But he'll also listen.  And he'll compromise when its wise and/or necessary.   He takes every member and idea seriously, and thoughtfully responds every time.  

As an administrator, one of Steve's best traits is that he's swayed only by the best of ideas.  It's this baffling, affable quality to him where he can simultaneously drive one bonkers and be a mirror to test my own ideas, logic, resolve, etc.   I've said it before, and I'll say it again: making you a moderator was one of the best choices we ever made.  

Thanks for being my friend, and for hanging out from time to time.  Here's to another great year.

Also, as a FuwaBirthday present, I, Tay, am formally posting a loli in the honor of Steve:

11063850216_7ab7eaf506_c.jpg

Psh, as if.  Go play Katawa Shoujo, and then we'll talk.

Also, as a FuwaBirthday present, I, Tay, am formally posting a loli in the honor of Steve:

Psh, as if.  Go play Katawa Shoujo, and then we'll talk.

Aah I prepared my secret ritual before looking at loli by Tay, I ordered expensive food and drink, opened a bottle of 11 years old Whiskey (i.e. the best age for a loli :P) even though I don't drink alcohol, dressed in tuxedo, sang one of the national anthems of Loli Republic (in that exact voice - I might record that one day~ :P) and only then I clicked the spoiler button... AND THEN THIS :(

Anyways, we haven't talked, ever, despite noticing your name. I don't know if you've seen me, anywhere but I too am a Steve. (Called that where I play Touhou 12.3. Mostly used as jokes in real life, but it has been a nickname a number of times.) Of course, you were Steve here first, so you got me beat.

Welp, figured I'd say hi to you eventually, so hey there, and cheers to a good next year!

Thanks other Steve, do you also love Mare and lolis above everything else in the world? xD

Thanks other Steve, do you also love Mare and lolis above everything else in the world? xD

xD I can't quite say I LOVE lolis above everything else in the world. I have other preferences.

Mare on the other hand, I do have to say, I like her quite a bit. She's cute really cute... from what I've seen. I never had the chance to completely finish Hoshizora no Memoria.

What. Don't look at me like that. I'm a very busy person! I'll make sure to get to what I left off on eventually, so don't worry about that. I have no intention of dropping it.

Also, will I just be other Steve here?

You can be whoever you want if you try hard enough~

(didn't parents tell you that? xD)

...Alrighty then. Maybe we can pull a Rewrite here. What'll happen, is that whenever people say, "Steve," we'll just be able to tell which "Steve" they're referring to, without indication, of course.

9de0851dc805c56e8f77938613c8007a.png

In fact, wouldn't you like to see more Steves on the fourms anyways? You're in Europe; I'm in the US. We'll have to go further and spread.