ISML taking nominations for Visual Novel Tourney!

Jiharo

Hi guys, pardon me for using this section but I feel it's very relevant. For those of you interested, http://internationalsaimoe.com (ISML) is going to host a Visual Novel Tourney in 2014. Nominations starts now and ends at December 30th. The actual tournament will begin in April 2014 so I hope you people, VN readers will nominate your top 10 favorite girls into the tournament. There are some rules to take note though. Please post your nominations here: http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4408.(no current alternate sites available sorry)

Thanks.

We look forward to your nominations and may the tourney be a success.

I'm looking forward to voting on this though i'm pretty sure my nominations will be covered by others.

*Edit*: Will we be using this thread for discussion once it starts?

Well depends. There is one ISML thread somewhere already but if you cannot find I guess you may you this thread. Of course ultimately we'll have to see if the admins allow it or not.

can someone throw in amamiya yuuko from ef i am to lazy to get a new account

I'm sorry to say she's ineligible. ef received an anime adaptation so she became ineligible. We decided it'll be best to implement this rule or else those "techinically anime characters will overrun the whole tourney, making things very ugly. Manga adaptation however is allowed.

I'm sorry to say she's ineligible. ef received an anime adaptation so she became ineligible. We decided it'll be best to implement this rule or else those "techinically anime characters will overrun the whole tourney, making things very ugly. Manga adaptation however is allowed.

Kinda makes sense, but at same time there's not so much good heroines in VNs which are both translated (non-translated stuff has no chances against translated) and don't have adaptations. Altho probably doesn't matter anyway, since Katawa fans will easily stomp everyone else, difference in sheer numbers is just too big.

so you mean i can't nominate one off my favourite VN waifus just becasue there is an Anime adaption huh that is just sheer stupididty as long as the VN were and Orignal should it fine becasue this is a VN heroine contest not a fucking Anime heroine contest 

so you mean i can't nominate one off my favourite VN waifus just becasue there is an Anime adaption huh that is just sheer stupididty as long as the VN were and Orignal should it fine becasue this is a VN heroine contest not a fucking Anime heroine contest 

We run regular Saimoe too hence the rule cos it's a known fact that anime heroine contestants is good enough to stomp almost 99% of the VN heroines, something which you do not want. An example would be this year's winner is Gokou Ruri and Ore Imou have a VN so if we make all VNs qualified, you can imagine her to stomp everyone and none of your VN girls will stand any chance. Do not forget Angel Beats is gonna get a VN adaptation too so in the near future if there's one again, Tachibana Kanade would sweep everyone. Please think about it. We're giving VN heroines a chance. Don't just anyhow spew words. I know you probably haven't participated in Saimoe contest but if we ever lift the rule chances are Gokou Ruri is gonna take home 1st place since technically more people know her as she was originally an anime character.

Kinda makes sense, but at same time there's not so much good heroines in VNs which are both translated (non-translated stuff has no chances against translated) and don't have adaptations. Altho probably doesn't matter anyway, since Katawa fans will easily stomp everyone else, difference in sheer numbers is just too big.

Looking at nominations currently, I'd say Rewrite stand a good chance so I don't think it's gonna be a one-sided thing. Your vote counts in the end so do remember to come back in April after you cast your nominations to vote.

We run regular Saimoe too hence the rule cos it's a known fact that anime heroine contestants is good enough to stomp almost 99% of the VN heroines, something which you do not want. An example would be this year's winner is Gokou Ruri and Ore Imou have a VN so if we make all VNs qualified, you can imagine her to stomp everyone and none of your VN girls will stand any chance. Do not forget Angel Beats is gonna get a VN adaptation too so in the near future if there's one again, Tachibana Kanade would sweep everyone. Please think about it. We're giving VN heroines a chance. Don't just anyhow spew words. I know you probably haven't participated in Saimoe contest but if we ever lift the rule chances are Gokou Ruri is gonna take home 1st place since technically more people know her as she was originally an anime character.

i don't even have a clue on what those heroines just said  were i had to google the name and well i diden't even recognize them then....

i don't even have a clue on what those heroines just said  were i had to google the name and well i diden't even recognize them then....

You must have not follow news about VNs closely enough. Quite a few anime do get VN adaptation. Angel Beats, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, Ore no Imouto Konnai Kawaii wake ga Nai are a few popular anime that got VN adaptations. Do you REALLY expect pure VN characters to beat those characters hailing from there? I suggest you either look at Saimoe Tourney over the world and see how voters vote before you'd like to spew anything out. If you still don't like it no one is forcing you to nominate and/or vote. I'm only posting here to let fellow VN readers who are interested in it to cast their nominations and vote(in April) since there is HARDLY ANY VN tourneys. 

If you still wanna slam down the whole thing, I suggest you save your time. What you reply already show how much you know about VNs out there.

Btw I'm giving you respect as a fellow VN reader so I appreciate if you would return the respect back. Anymore slamming of these issues unnecessarily without any proof don't blame me for lashing out on you then. If you wanna discuss, do so nicely and I can explain things. Vulgarities btw get you nowhere. Thank you very much.

Do you REALLY expect pure VN characters to beat those characters hailing from there?

why ain't Amamiya Yuuko a pure VN heroine then there was an adopted anime from the VN but why should that matter? (if you don't want to take away almost all the KEY stuff that will say)

you did only mention animes that got a VN in previous post when i said only orginal VN heroines should be allowed....

why ain't Amamiya Yuuko a pure VN heroine then there was an adopted anime from the VN but why should that matter? (if you don't want to take away almost all the KEY stuff that will say)

you did only mention animes that got a VN in previous post when i said only orginal VN heroines should be allowed....

Well we cannot just discount one side. We have to be fair. Amamiya Yuuko did enter into the ISML scene as an anime character before.

You have to understand that things have to be balanced. If we allow anime adapted from VN to go through, there are some popular anime characters WILL destroy the rest due to their exposure there already. For your info if you do not know, Clannad, Kanon, Little Busters characters have been doing quite okay in the anime tournament side. The leverage will be too much for most VN girls to handle and what we're promoting is diversity. We don't want to have nominations where 95% of the girls are from Clannad, Kanon, Little Busters and what not. We want to give other VNs a chance to shine out there since there is hardly any tournament outside that grants VNs girls some exposure.

Besides that, if we were to allow one side, those anime that got adapted into VNs supporters will complain of us being bias so to totally rule out anime characters, we only allow 1-3 episodes OVA/ONA but nothing more than that cos the fact that hardly anyone knows about it so we can't penalise those VNs. Amamiya Yuuko is a main character in ef -  A Tale of melodies and she played an important part in the anime. I do like Yuuko like you but we have to be as fair as possible. There is little room to err after all. Since this VN tournament is gonna be the few(or the only one, I don't know out there are there even any VN tourneys), we want to make sure VNs get as much exposure as possible and that voters will enjoy voting.

• 1 month later...