Sakura, Moyu. -as the Night's, Reincarnation- Translation Project (Discontinued)

Xelane

Sakura, Moyu. -as the Night's, Reincarnation-

haru.png?width=1202&height=676

"This is a story for your life."

Game Info

Spoiler

favorite_0011pl.jpg

VNDB: https://vndb.org/v22313

Title: さくら、もゆ。-as the Night's, Reincarnation-

Developer: FAVORITE

Description: 

A long time ago, a group of special girls known as ‘mahou shoujos’ saved the world after a fierce battle where blood and tears were shed and prayers were made. It was an overly common battle tale. However, no one thanked or praised them for their victory. In fact, no one even knew them at all. Even so, the future of humanity was protected and it came to a happy end.

Now around ten years later, it was spring, the season of meetings and farewells. Those who had once saved the world have forgotten ‘magic’ and lived as normal girls with ordinary encounters and problems. Taiga was approached by the transfer student Haru, who made a request of him:

“Please turn me back into a mahou shoujo.”

Preface
This is my first ever project as a translator, and as such, I do not expect to have the highest quality or even speed at the start.

However, I really, really love this game. This game is the reason I decided to learn Japanese. I consider it a true work of art.

I believe that more people deserve to know about this game and play it, which is why I will continue to translate it,

proofread it, and edit it until the very end, until I'm satisfied, hoping that it becomes a "letter" to the "future".

Current Progress
More than halfway through the common route. (24th May 23)
Common route completed, will release a patch after QC. Starting Chiwa route. (2nd Sept 23)
Common route patch out, looking for feedback and continuing with Chiwa route. (1st Jan 24)

The project began on 2nd April, 2023.
Discontinued on 8th Jan, 2024 due to a request from NekoNyan. (Please read last post)

Line-to-line progress

Team
Lead: @Xelane

Translator/Editor: @Xelane

Programmer: Kazuto Hitori

Playtester: Muzz

Downloads
Common route patch

How to install
Simply copy paste the contents into your game folder.
Run using either FVPLoader or Locale Emulator.

*For more details please check Instructions.txt in the zip.

Special thanks to @Akerou and @rr- for their tools to unpack/repack the game files.

-------------------XXXXXXX-------------------

If you have any thoughts or suggestions, feel free to express them.

Edited by Xelane
Discontinued

While this being translated would be awesome, it needs a quality TL to do such a great game justice. If you are still learning JP and are not at a high level, I am not sure you should pick up such a massive project as your first. Also, Nekonyan or Sekai Project may pick this up at some point.

Edited by Erogamer

Thanks for the replies.
As for the quality of the translation, I will let people judge when I release the first patch. I plan to revise it multiple times.
I do know that the translation is difficult compared to other games; anyone who has played this game till the end would know. Translating the first scene itself is probably one of the hardest tasks, and it requires great understanding of both: The language and the story. 
I would say my Japanese is fairly good, although my translation would probably not compare to the likes of Sekai Project or NekoNyan(I have seen the works of both of them).
While I can agree on other games deserving an English translation as well, I simply want to prioritize this one as it is my favorite.
Nevertheless, I do not plan on stopping either until I complete it satisfactorily, or until someone else does.

Sakuramoyu eh? Let's just say that it's one of four VNs that I mention when there's a trend in Twitter that ask us to tell which four VNs that you want to be localized, and so I mentioned this. As for the project here, I would say that the biggest difficulties here would be keeping your tempo in the future, especially with a lot of real life stuffs that can be in your way to finishing up the project (Doubly so with the length of Sakuramoyu). Still, I hope that you'll be able to finish this project, so good luck to the project there.

PS - I know that FAVORITE have a deal with both Sekai and Nekonyan, but seeing that both have considerable backlog to work with, I'm not counting them to work on this because it might be too much for now (Though if one of them decided to deal with this, then good for either of them).

Edited by littleshogun

As long as you are open to constructive criticism and are transparent about your effort. If your Japanese is pretty good, perhaps the TL might be better than what those publishers put out. Especially if you are true to what is said in the Japanese text. In many cases they over localize and edit it which ruin what is in the original text. Sometimes they add crap that should not even be there. It sounds like you have a great passion for this game, which I share with you. It has to be if not the best one of the best modern visual novels out there. I look forward to your common route patch. I think with just that in English, people will see what a masterpiece this is.

Edited by Erogamer

On 5/28/2023 at 2:39 AM, Novel21 said:

I have to agree with Erogamer, the are many other VN so Deserves to get translated in English.

I can recommend couple of them. 

I'm sure Sekai Project or NekoNyan would pick this VN up before or later. 

NekoNyan has heavily expressed interest in wanting to do this title specifically as I am pretty sure this is one of the founders of NekoNyan's favorite VN or something.  I would not be shocked if they have the license or at least plan to get it.

8 hours ago, Duckery said:

NekoNyan has heavily expressed interest in wanting to do this title specifically as I am pretty sure this is one of the founders of NekoNyan's favorite VN or something.  I would not be shocked if they have the license or at least plan to get it.

I know I said that, but I would be surprised if any publisher picks this up now that I think about it. Because of the shear length and line count alone it would be a huge and no doubt costly project. As far as Chuee, who I can't stand but that is another topic, I thought his favorite was Irosekai. As far as expressing interest in this, NN has never stated that, even when people pressed the question at cons. If you could post a link showing that, that would be great.

Edited by Erogamer

1 hour ago, Erogamer said:

I know I said that, but I would be surprised if any publisher picks this up now that I think about it. Because of the shear length and line count alone it would be a huge and no doubt costly project. As far as Chuee, who I can't stand but that is another topic, I thought his favorite was Irosekai. As far as expressing interest in this, NN has never stated that, even when people pressed the question at cons. If you could post a link showing that, that would be great.

After they announced Irosekai, in the Discord server someone asked them about Sakura Moyu or any other Favorite titles and one of the staff said something along the lines of they would love to do it and they actually hope Irosekai does well they hope to be able to build a relationship with Favorite to do Sakura Moyu since they like it and it is such a well-regarded title. Not saying NN as a company made that statement, but one of their staff members did.

4 hours ago, Duckery said:

After they announced Irosekai, in the Discord server someone asked them about Sakura Moyu or any other Favorite titles and one of the staff said something along the lines of they would love to do it and they actually hope Irosekai does well they hope to be able to build a relationship with Favorite to do Sakura Moyu since they like it and it is such a well-regarded title. Not saying NN as a company made that statement, but one of their staff members did.

I can't get on their Discord since one of there mods is a moron that banned me only for disagreeing with him. Very unprofessionally run company. So if NN picks it up, I have my reservations about it. But if it does get picked up and gets the high quality and accurate TL it deserves, then I am all for that.

Edited by Erogamer

From what I see, Chuee also has Astral Air project in which it's still not available in English until now. Not to mention that Nekonyan still waiting the Irotoridori HD build from FAVORITE, which if we remember Hello Lady it can took a while, especially if Nekonyan also already has plan to localize both of fandisc/sequel Hikari and Akai Hitomi. And then if I'm right, they may already has been waiting to finally officially announced Astral Air with them negotiate with FAVORITE. So yeah with that condition, I don't think they'll localize Sakuramoyu in the near future, although if they manage to do that then so be it.

Anyway once again I should mention that there's a lot of fan translator who've been quit because of the length of the work, and I can say this because I've seen a lot of fan translator who did work on well known VNs only to be failed because of several factors. So yeah good luck to the translator and I hope he can preserve until he's finished all of the works.

Edited by littleshogun

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This announcement really flew under my radar.

If you manage to get to some sort of testing phase (without getting C&Ded) and need help, please hit me up, normally I'm critiquing translation/spelling/grammar of fully released titles that the devs don't give a shit about actually fixing but it isn't quite as rewarding as projects actually looking for feedback.

Edited by SlashZero

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

...Well then,
Hello everyone.
I'll try my best to release the common route patch by christmas or at least before the next year.
The biggest thing that remains is editing the UI elements, which I have already translated and should (hopefully) be done by then.
Most of the other stuff is done, so I'll release it soon.

• Xelane changed the title to Sakura, Moyu. -as the Night's, Reincarnation- Translation Project (Common route patch out!)

Happy new year everyone!

I'll be honest here, I had some last minute trouble and I couldn't get it in before the year end, but the common route is finally here.
I have added a link to the download in the post, you can check it out. Hope you all enjoy it.

I eagerly await everyone's feedback and criticism.