Grisaia no Meikyuu, Which route should I start with?

cryofrzd

Hm, I have only read the grand route of the game, aka yuuji's route. I found it highly enjoyble, it's most likely the best route in the game. (So you might want to take that last)

Plus that you got the 5 after stories, 1 h-scence collection and 1 other route not sure what the last one is?

I tried to read Sachi's route, but i just couldn't get into it. Besides the grand route and it's continuation with the 3rd game in the series are a lot better imo.

Also when you can read whatever vn you want in jp. You have the possibility to choose what interests you, and just drop the rest.

Back to your orginal question though. No I don't know what order is best to read the routes sadly. But I don't think the after routes are that connected. So it shouldn't matter. Only guessing here tho...

From the top left, it's Yumiko, Amane, Michiru, Makina, and Sachi.  Upper right is H-scenarios for non-heroines (I think there is also a twosome in there, but I may be mixing it up) and below that are short skits/scenes with the main story in the lower right corner.  WARNING: Do NOT play the main story unless you intend to immediately jump into Rakuen, as it feeds right into it on a cliffhanger that had me throwing things at the walls.

I can read Japanese with some help, it would be weird of me to pick up Meikyuu otherwise, wouldn't it?

I already have started Michiru route, and thus far I can tell the comedy holds high standards, as with Kajitsu. I'll keep Clephas advice in mind and do the main story in the end and prepare Rakuen before starting that.

As someone just literate enough to play imports I need to ask would the other two games be difficult to read untranslated? I can play and enjoy games like the Majikoi series, the classic Black Cyc games, and Waffle's Kyonyuu series since I don't find them that hard to read though I do occassionally have to consult a dictionary for some words and can get stumped by characters with unique/weird speech patterns. On the other hand a game where the writer is really wordy like Comyu I have no choice but to wait on the english translation since in that case I don't think I was even a quarter way through Benio's route before I rage quit after having to stop and consult my dictionary every time (this was before Ixrec's translation).

It's hard giving a simple answer of how hard the text is. But I think you'll manage if you've read Black Cyc titles.

What speaks for reading Meikyuu is that the plot doesn't involve too complex things, and there hasn't been walls of texts without voices yet. The pacing is quite good and vndb lists it as a medium length novel.

One important note though, if you don't understand the witty Grisaia jokes untranslated, wait for the translation.

• 2 months later...

Did any1 had a false image of Grisaia series going cheap at 1st? Ok I understand Afterstory policy, but i felt somehow betrayed for a sec. I Guess, I will play 'grand route' first and then... Dunno, doing afterstories does sound normal, when you know what to expect, and since FW writing is realy nice I expect something nice from our ladies there (not only raw sex.)

Meikyuu is pretty hard. Fujisaki has this tendency to just toss mounds of text into the chatbox until it can explode. It's rather verbose aswell.

Anyways from the one's i've played they all mimic their actual routes fairly well, but quite toned down (Nothing as cool as angelic howl in Amane's)

Michiru's is pretty funny, Sachi's is pretty sweet, etc.

Well the character-side routes that are more of fandisk material have easier Japanese than the grand route mainly because the second one contains mountains of military and some bureaucracy vocabulary. However the side-routes aren't easy them either, about same level as Kajitsu.

• 1 year later...