[Completed] State of the Union- Winter 2013

Tay

I'm pleased to announce that this Sunday (11/24/2013), for the first time ever, I will be conducting a State of the Union Skype-esque conference call to discuss many topics relating to the Fuwaverse. Chief among them are the following:

• A new, exciting and ambitious new project that will truly further our goal to popularize Visual Novels in the West;
  • A detailed explanation of Fuwanovel's priorities and projects going forward in the next few months;
  • Clarification of the roles of staff members and rules;
  • Some changes to the site, including the addition of two new staff members;
  • And more!

Following the speech, I will open up the floor for discussion and questions.  This is as close to an AMA as I've ever given, and I will be as forward as possible about any issue.

Date: Sunday 24 November 2013

Time: 9:30PM EST  - Click here for local time

Time of the Call and an Important Note:

So long as there is interest in a Skype call, I'm all for it.  I think it'll be a smart way to announce everything all at once and allow for questions and discussion in real-time (since asynchronous communication (read: the forums) has its limitations).    NOTE: I'll post a text-version of all the hullabaloo on the forums, as usual.  If you can't make the call, you'll be able to find it here.  But, again, if people are interested in having this be a Skype conference, then I'm game.

If you're interested in participating in the Skype call, please RSVP (in this thread) and include times of availability for Sunday using the USA Eastern Standard Time time zone.  Here's a time zone calculator if you need it (here's a time zone converter).  I have a mostly-flexible schedule, and will do my best to choose the time that's most convenient for the most people.**

Skype allows up to 25 participants on the voice (no video, sorry) conference call.  You'll need a (free) Skype account to listen in/participate.  You don't have to talk in the actual Q&A if you're shy -- you can type your thoughts into the Skype conference call chat.

** If it appears that many can't make a Sunday call, I can reschedule it to certain times on Monday (11/25) or Tuesday (11/26).

Please let me know:

1. If you're interested in this idea (otherwise I'll cancel it)
  2. If you'd like to participate in the skype conference call (please include your times of availability in EST and your skype username (or add me: ArchmageTay))
  3. If you do want to be a part of the Skype call, please let me know if you plan on asking questions in the AMA section
  4. Or if you have any questions!   Some big stuff coming, I hope 

Zhurai was asking for some clarification on what this whole thing is about.   Here's my clearest possible explanation:

This Skype call is meant to accomplish three things:

1. Give me a chance to announce our road map for the next few months;
  2. Give some much-needed clarity to several issues (such as rules, staff responsibilities, and project priorities)
  3. And, perhaps most importantly, give anybody and everybody the chance to have free and open access to me, ask me any question they have (about Fuwanovel, myself, Aaeru's absence, etc.) that is preoccupying them, and also give everybody the chance to talk (in fast, easy audio) about the proposed projects/changes/issues.

------------------------------------

There will be some interesting nuggets thrown in (like new moderators), but my real goal is to lay out our road map for the next few months so that people understand what's going on and where we're headed.

If you have other questions, holler! Otherwise, let me know if you think a Skype call is a good/bad idea, and if you're interested.

I am fairly interested in this.

Let me see. The way my sleep schedule is currently drifting, I might well be available until ~8am CET. THat works out to around 2am EST, I believe. In general, I'd prefer for the convo to be held before midnight.

I will probably ask questions during the AMA section, but not completely certain. Given my stalkerish ability to find out and remember tidbits about people, I know at least a bit about your occupation, etc. As such, questions might be more oriented at things said during the first session (if you are planning on just speaking then).

Edited by Zakamutt

Sunday...Might be one of those very rare days I have to go out.

I probably won't, though. The problem is that I have no idea about the time in which I'll have to go out, and it'll probably last at least 5 to 7-ish hours.

Well, I still fully support this! I think doing this is a pretty good idea.

I got my schedule moved around so I could be here for this--super excited for this new project~!  Let's get this thing rolling~!  :lol:

Anywho, I am completely available on Sunday now--did have to work all day.  Thanks for the heads-up~!

(Also, on a side note, I asked Nayleen to stream the audio and video of the confrence for me, so I'll be able to take part in it without draining any of your 25 participants)

EDIT: Well, it seems that I might still have to work from 10:30 AM to 4:00 PM...poo.

~Naomi~

It seems interesting, the skype issues do sound problematic but i'm sure we can find a solution.

I'm available from 10 am to 6/7 pm EST (corresponding to 3pm - 11/12pm my time)

I doubt it'll be moved to earlier than that but if it does i guess i can wake up early for it  :P

I don't know if i'm the talktative type with so many people but i'd very much like to sit through and hear the annoucements at least.

I'll leave those posts up but hidden, Tay can decide what to do with them later so he has some insight into the discussion that went on.

Let's keep this written down: Software for the event has yet to be decided, please post RSPVs or questions related to Tay's list:

Please let me know:

• If you're interested in this idea (otherwise I'll cancel it)
  • If you'd like to participate in the skype conference call (please include your times of availability in EST and your skype username (or add me: ArchmageTay))
  • If you do want to be a part of the Skype call, please let me know if you plan on asking questions in the AMA section
  • Or if you have any questions!   Some big stuff coming, I hope 

To repost from the other thread:

Here's the plan (minus times):

1) The call will still go down on Skype.  My name there is ArchmageTay

2) Either myself or Nay will simulbroadcast the gig to twitch (either to Nay's channel or the official Fuwanovel account)

3) People can ask questions in three places: A) on the skype call (using their mic or by typing it into the comments), 2 ) on twitch comments, C) here on the forum in this topic

4) I'll post a written version of the speech onto the forums following the call

Thanks everybody!

Tay I have sent you a request on skype my skype name is Wuk Protic, If you are indeed using time zone GMT -5 as Nosebleed sad then I am free anytime after 16:00. I don't have microphone or camera right now but I will be able to type in the cheat. As for if I will have some questions most probably yes.

Tay was the time decided yet? 

In 2-3 hours i'll probably go offline and since tomorrow is supposedly the scheduled date I wouldn't want to miss it.

Well as long as it's after 10am EST I'll be up and ready with no problems.

Edit: I sent the friend request to you Tay, my name should appear as Loli Rush

TIME

I think 9:30 PM EST tomorrow, Sunday 11/24 is the winner.  I realize that it's not ideal for many of us (it's a strange time for me, too), but it at least makes it possible for many to attend.

Thanks, everybody!  If you'd like to be part of the skype conversation, don't forget to add me on Skype.  I'll be posting a reminder of the broadcast tomorrow, tweeting about it (@ArchmageTay), and it SHOULD be simulcast from Skype to the Fuwanovel twitch channel.