How to extract .dpm files or Hot Soup Processor games?

Hello, I am trying to extract text from .dpm files, or from Hot Soup Processor games. Some old post from 2015 says its possible using Susie plugin, but I have no idea how to use it nor is there any guide out there to show this. Additionally, garbro does not work on .dpm files entirely, only specific formats. I'm looking if anyone has a tool to extract text from .dpm files, or if they know how to properly translate hot soup processor games. If anyone could point me to a guide, it would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

.pck is likely to be some custom format representing a "pack" of files, so anyone wanting to take a try would need to know which game you're talking about.

Out of things on my drive right now, I see that the 1994 X-Com game represents a bunch of assets as "pck" files, but I have no idea if that's what you're talking about (and I'd point you to OpenXCom for info about its formats, if it is).

• 9 months later...

How to repack .dpm files for Hot Soup Processor games?

I downloaded a galgame made with the HSP3 game engine (HOT SOUP PROCESSER), and extracted a bunch of txt files in shift-JIS format from scenario.dpm using GARbro. After translating, the txt files are now in utf-8 format. How can I repack these txt files into scenario.dpm? I couldn't find any third-party tools online for repacking, perhaps my search skills are lacking. I hope a kind soul can help me.