Windy Meadow [Slice-of-Life] [Fantasy] [Pixel art]

Aureus

Greetings, dear forum.

5 years ago I released a game. It had many flaws. I couldn't pull it off - yet.
Now I'm going to make it right.

Windy Meadow - tales of 3 young people facing difficult choices, set in a village from the fantasy world of Roadwarden. Coming (very) soon. 

And you can add it to your wishlist on Steam!

screenshot0.png

Over the span of this 3-hour game, you navigate 3 distinctive characters lost among complex relationships and difficult choices.

venaspritebaser.png 

Vena, the huntress, has an opportunity to take a lucrative job for the city merchants, and to leave her home for years to come. Before she decides what to do next, she needs to figure out her relationship with her over controlling father, and learn what it is that she truly wants from her life.

fabelspritebaser
Fabel, the storyteller, is struggling with a difficult past, and the limitations it puts on him as he tries to pursue his dream of becoming a bard. Before he makes his final decision, he needs to figure out what’s more important to him - trying to satisfy his audience, or staying true to his own passion.
iudiciaspritebaser.png 
Iudicia, the herbalist, has agreed to marry a man she feels safe with, but whom she doesn’t love. Being an outsider her entire life, she now needs to decide if she’d rather sacrifice a part of herself to get closer to others, or embrace her anger and follow her instincts.

screenshot1.png 
screenshot2.png

Thanks to all sorts of updates across the board - from massive rewrites, new scenes, updated visuals, to the most basic UI redesigns - I’m convinced the game has truly leveled up as an experience.

screenshot3.png 
screenshot4.png

I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have. To me, reimagining an entire, old project is an exciting journey.

Edited by Aureus

• 6 months later...