Visual novel "Kimi ga Nozomu Eien: Latest Edition" will be receiving an all-ages port to Steam in English.

Erogamer

Any games with sexual themes involving high school students are subject to arbitrary banning on Steam.  The anime adaptation, while not a hentai, is raunchy enough that it would qualify.  To avoid this risk, they'd have to gut interactions with one of the main heroines in the opening segment, plus remove multiple routes involving younger characters.

The Tweet is announcing a Discord server for the crowdfunding campaign.  It would perhaps be more useful to quote the actual announcements (from the Discord server?) rather than the tweet.

Did they mention a date for the Steam release?

Edited by sanahtlig

16 hours ago, sanahtlig said:

Any games with sexual themes involving high school students are subject to arbitrary banning on Steam.  The anime adaptation, while not a hentai, is raunchy enough that it would qualify.  To avoid this risk, they'd have to gut interactions with one of the main heroines in the opening segment, plus remove multiple routes involving younger characters.

The Tweet is announcing a Discord server for the crowdfunding campaign.  It would perhaps be more useful to quote the actual announcements (from the Discord server?) rather than the tweet.

Did they mention a date for the Steam release?

Apparently it is still in the planning stage and Kouki stated that it is for a Japanese release first. If it does well in Japan, then they plan to do an English release. As for the R18 patch, this was posted        " ホント、𠮷スペコミュの海外メンバーには助けてもらってます!
海外ファンと国内ファンでは、前提や知識に差があるので、なかなかうまくニュアンスが伝わらないので、マジでコミュメンの神ムーブに感謝ですわ
例えば、
「一部上場企業のIP企業で、キックスターターとかだと18禁はだせない」って書くと、当たり前だけど「R18は絶対作らない」と理解される。
だから
「未来には全ての可能性がある」って、公式で発言できるギリギリの曖昧な表現の発言した。
これが日本人の感覚だと「発売後に、どこかのけしからん誰かさんが作ったエロパッチ当てることになるんだろうな~w」となるのが、
海外ファンだと「エイベックスはそれを認めるとは明言していない!」となる(汗。
この文脈の違いというか、ニュアンスの壁はかなり大変(汗。"  The Devs are actively communicating with English speaking fans and taking ideas for kick starter rewards on Discord. You can check it out if you want.

Edited by Erogamer

12 hours ago, wyldstrykr said:

isnt there an ongoing translation of that vn that started last 3 years or so?

If so it was dropped a long time ago. Apparently there was supposed to be a reboot, but it never came to fruition. It seems like Kouki and the devs are doing this HD remake on their own.

3 hours ago, Erogamer said:

Apparently it is still in the planning stage and Kouki stated that it is for a Japanese release first. If it does well in Japan, then they plan to do an English release. As for the R18 patch, this was posted        " ホント、𠮷スペコミュの海外メンバーには助けてもらってます!
例えば、
だから
この文脈の違いというか、ニュアンスの壁はかなり大変(汗。"  The Devs are actively communicating with English speaking fans and taking ideas for kick starter rewards on Discord. You can check it out if you want.

That message uses terms/slang I'm not familiar with.  Is スペコミュ communicating [a game's] specs?  エイベックス seems like the name of an entity, perhaps of a company or the pseudonym for a representative.

Seems like he's fretting that overseas fans don't seem content with vague suggestions that funding the Kickstarter non-adult project might someday result in an adult release.  Which, well, seems like a perfectly reasonable stance.  Kickstarter projects often don't fulfill their stated commitments, much less their unstated ones.  If they want buy-in from the eroge community, they're going to need to show a concrete commitment.  They could always take a page from Ninetail's book: partner with an eroge publisher who will take responsibility for the adult release.  After the ridiculousness between Sekai Project and GIGA, with GIGA appearing to actively block an adult release, it's hard to give JP companies the benefit of the doubt anymore.  The problem is not that nuance isn't being communicated across the language barrier.  It's them not showing commitment on a topic that's important to their Western fans, many of whom have gotten burned on this before.

Edited by sanahtlig

One of the Japanese members who may be a company employee said this in reference to the 18+ patch.  "They can't say they develop it, but it doesn't mean they don't develop it." Guess we just have to wait and see. By the way, エイベックス is Avex who seem to be the current rights holder for Age.

Edited by Erogamer

6 hours ago, Erogamer said:

例えば、
だから

It's not that hard to understand. He's saying that due to the cultural barrier, it's hard to communicate towards overseas fans. When they say, "They can't release an 18+ patch", overseas fans take that literally, while Japanese fans take that as "Someone will secretly release an 18+ patch later on." It's 建前 as they can't make an official announcement due to being scared of international pressure.

Well up to you guys whether to take their word for it or not. Either way, I'm not really interested in this series nor in Kickstarters as I've been burned before.

Edited by Nemesis

1 hour ago, Nemesis said:

It's not that hard to understand. He's saying that due to the cultural barrier, it's hard to communicate towards overseas fans. When they say, "They can't release an 18+ patch", overseas fans take that literally, while Japanese fans take that as "Someone will secretly release an 18+ patch later on." It's 建前 as they can't make an official announcement due to being scared of international pressure.

Well up to you guys whether to take their word for it or not. Either way, I'm not really interested in this series nor in Kickstarters as I've been burned before.

Well, I can appreciate the fact that he is being transparent and honest with those who are interested.

18 hours ago, Nemesis said:

Well up to you guys whether to take their word for it or not.

That would imply a commitment they're not actually making.  The idea behind crowdfunding is that you're funding a cause that's important to you, important enough to take a risk on.  If you're an eroge fan backing an eroge localization project, it's kind of fundamental that the end product be an eroge.  You can bet that the suits at corporate don't give a damn about making good on the vague suggestions some random staffer is making in an obscure Discord channel to a handful of Western fans across the globe--especially if they run into sexual themes issues with the Steam release.  And if the patch that "appears" has technical or compatibility issues?  They won't care about that either.  Trust me: been there, done that.

Edited by sanahtlig

Well certainly it can be a big news, although once again I think the way on how it can manage to have triangle love is caused by a convenient accident (Even though mainly it's because of the human action that such plot can be happened). Personally, I think now that we have WA2 available in English I felt that Kiminozo would be beneath it's shadow, but again I maybe wrong on that. Oh yes as for the KS for all age Reboot version, well good luck for it I suppose. Not that while usually I didn't like to have the VNs censored, I suppose it's quite fair to have the sex scenes being removed, especially with age being very creative with the writing on one of the sex scenes (Which Leaf is not even dare to write that scene).

PS - I know I did write that above, but still in the end I hope that some fans may be able to finally play this in English after several years (If not almost two decades) of waiting.

Edited by littleshogun