Almost finished Hoshizora no memoria, and I’m blown away…

I’m not finished yet, completed the 5 main routes so far. I can’t even put this into words, this is the greatest story I have ever experienced in my 33 years. The emotional highs, the beautiful art, lovable characters and gripping story, the romance is top notch, not to mention the OST…I’ve cried at least 20 times and I still have the true route and mare left.  I desperately want to play another VN that will make me feel this way again. What titles should I look into?

38 minutes ago, Kyousuke_natsume said:

Thank you so much. Do you mean they are the same genre and general vibe as well?

There is a lot more drama in those two, including life and death drama. Especially for Sakura Moyu which I think is the best game Favorite ever released and one of the best visual novels out there as far as story, and characters. Irosekai should be released in English soon, while Sakura Moyu has yet to be if ever. Don't get me wrong, Irosekai is really good. I just liked Sakura Moyu better which caused me to feel sad many times.

Edited by Erogamer

3 hours ago, Erogamer said:

There is a lot more drama in those two, including life and death drama. Especially for Sakura Moyu which I think is the best game Favorite ever released and one of the best visual novels out there as far as story, and characters. Irosekai should be released in English soon, while Sakura Moyu has yet to be if ever. Don't get me wrong, Irosekai is really good. I just liked Sakura Moyu better which caused me to feel sad many times.

ah its unfortunate that the other two by FAVORITE have yet to be translated. do you know of anything else by any developer thats has a full translation? Im just trying to get that heartwarming feeling so many times like hoshi gave me.

1 hour ago, Hiashi said:

You can also read Hokenjo, which was written by the same author and has an English patch made by none other than myself...

But it's currently going through post-release QC, also by me. Give me a week to finish.

Oh nice, I will. Are there not many similar titles? Similar in feel, not plot or setting or anything.

On 3/27/2023 at 4:25 PM, Erogamer said:

You want nakige? Games that make the player cry/sad? Any other genre like SCI FI or fantasy?

Yeah, I like nakige. I’d prefer not to have a sad or bittersweet ending, but it’s not mandatory. The only thing I’m not ok with is violence/gore against women, though. Otherwise I’d probably read grisaia. It seems I don’t have preferences for the particular plot or themes, but really like heartwarming, or in hoshimemos case, I’d be all scared or worried something bad would happen, but in each arc one of the characters would come in last second to save the day. Also, like you’d think a particular character to be a villain, but the “villain” keeps changing with plot twists and it turns out they weren’t one in the first place. 

im getting kind of wordy lol, but I’m not picky as long as it makes me feel. Hoshimemo got that from me so many times, but I’m open to plenty other vns as long as they don’t have violence on women. I’m new to visual novels, so pretty much a 7/10 to me would feel like a 10/10.

ISLAND is good. It has one part where a female character gets killed, but nothing is shown really. You are limiting yourself then, I mean are you against the damsel in distress situations? It is hard to recommend much. If you can use translation software Irosekai and Sakur Moyu are really good. Irosekai should be coming out soon tho. Astraythem is another good one with time travel and quite a bit of drama if you can use MTL.

On 3/28/2023 at 7:30 PM, Erogamer said:

ISLAND is good. It has one part where a female character gets killed, but nothing is shown really. You are limiting yourself then, I mean are you against the damsel in distress situations? It is hard to recommend much. If you can use translation software Irosekai and Sakur Moyu are really good. Irosekai should be coming out soon tho. Astraythem is another good one with time travel and quite a bit of drama if you can use MTL.

its just female and children, but yes im totally not bothering with those. Generally, I got my fighting/violent fix as a youngin and I just have 0 interest in anything related to action and fantasy fighting etc. Aside from that, I'm interested in any drama/nakige/heartwarming VN's, even ones that aren't incredibly popular or highly rated.