Hoshizora no Memoria Issues (SOLVED)

Arbalor

Ok ive tried downloading and playing this game four times twice with the eroge games version and once with this one. Im trying a new start with the fuwanovel version and I only have two issues so far. First the menus are in japanese. Second for whatever reason the custom font is a blank space in the dropdown menu. Any ideas?

The troubleshooting suggestions answer your question.  Here, let me repost them for you~

For your font issue: you need to install the custom font that's in the game folder and use that.

(Make sure you are running memoria_en.exe to start the game--that's the English version ^^ )

The menu is in Japanese by default, there's no way around it. Use this translated menu as a guide:

BYfbs4z.jpg

qy4ydH7.jpg

Also, like Naomi mentioned, make sure you are running MemoriaEN.exe

You need to install the font that comes with the file, it should be in the directory if you downloaded it from Fuwanovel.

TZq9qTs.png

To install the font go to (If you're using windows) 

C:\Windows\Fonts

Or Computer > C: > Windows > Fonts

Drag the font file into it and install it

Open the game and check for that font, it should work just fine.

If you have more issues check out the Hoshizoria no Memoria FAQ to see if there's a solution there first

But from what you posted just installing the font should solve everything

Nope its vanished. So what happened was i installed the game but couldnt read the menus. The font was there at the time and i selected it. Then in order to read the menus i instaled the 1.0 english patch and ever since the font hasnt been there even when i delete all traces of the game and redownload. And ive only used memoriEN to run the game. Ive always tried downloading the game and patching it the eroge games way but that wont even let it start. So any idea how i can go back to the font not being a blank space. The rest all show up in the menu and then its just a blank space.

The Fuwanovel version of the game is version 1.2 which is the most up to date and is the one that has all the bug fixes officially released by the translation team, the 1.0 is outdated so it's useless to try and update to a previous version, it'll only mess up the files.

The menu is untranslated by default, the rest of the game is fully translated into english, this shouldn't really be a bother to you and i provided a link with the translated menu as a guide if you need to tweak some options. That menu was a photoshopped image there's no actual patch for it.

Redownload the game from Fuwanovel and only use those files, don't try to install anything else on it as it is fully prepatched, all it was needed was the font installing which you've already done. You'll have to play the game with the options menu untranslated. It shouldn't really be a hindrance. I played the entire novel with the menu unstranslated and loved it, all i needed was memorize where the fullscreen button was, all the remaining settings are fine by default.

Just an advice for future downloads from here, all games are fully prepatched, they don't need any additional patches downloaded from anywhere else, if there is something you need to do there should be a guide on the download page as to what you need to do.

Didn't you say when you downloaded from Fuwanovel it worked just fine and the font appeard? (You only complained about the japanese menu)

The font was there at the time and i selected it. Then in order to read the menus i instaled the 1.0 english patch and ever since the font hasnt been there even when i delete all traces of the game and redownload. (this is where things went wrong)

Let's try reseting things

Delete the font from your Fonts folder. (You can just delete the file and it'll uninstall it)

Download the game from Fuwanovel.

Make sure your Locale is set to Japanese

Install the font again just like normal

Run MemoriaEN.exe

Everything should be just as it was the first time you ran the game.

Leave it at that and don't try to install any additional patches or mess with the files.

In the game go to Options > Page 2

There should be an option to select the font in the drop down box, scroll down it until you find staircase subs

Start a new game and everything should be fine.

If nothing of that solves it i summon thee Nayleen