Visual Novels and AI images – how terrible is it?

thelastsecret

header.jpg?t=1676139196

In October, I had announced here the making of the visual novel "Sweet Science" that would use entirely AI graphics. In the meanwhile, we have explored the possibilities and also the limitations of AI art quite throughly: from the utter failure of producing a simply cell phone pic to the beauty of an autumn forest generated by AI. – To cut a long story short: it mostly works! (More on that in my blog: https://the-last-secret.mozellosite.com/news/)

But judge by yourself: a pretty big demo for the game is already out there. You can test play it on itch (even simply in the browser): https://thelastsecret.itch.io/sweetscience

But it's more than an interesting experiment: The game offers a light-hearted and cozy story with lots of fun and surprises. Here is what critics say about it:

I absolutely love this game. The artwork is incredibly adorable and the story is very cute. (Hythrain)

Nice mixture of fun, mystery and dramatic elements with a lot of puzzles that keep you entertained and integrate well into the story. The different times at which the story plays supply a (multi-tiered) nostalgia to a lot of the potential players - cleverly picked! (Xhitch)

Very great game! I like it a lot! It has a very great art style and an awesome sound and music :D Also it’s a very fun game to play, so I like it a lot and I recommend it to anyone interested in VN games. (Azrhyga)

I'm having a great time with this game. The art's beautiful and the story and character interactions are really fun. (Kobato Games)

5L6CBA.png

Edited by thelastsecret
Slight improvements directly after posting

• thelastsecret changed the title to Visual Novels and AI images – how terrible is it?