Recommendations for VN with great world building.

Weiss

Hi, I have been trying to look for translated VN'd with amazing world building similar to series like Koihime, Rance, Evenicle, Kyonyuu Fantasy (Lute's series), Majikoi, Full Metal Muramasa, Utawarerumono. I know it seems weird like eroges mixed with master pieces like Muramasa, Utawarerumono. But these vn/eroge have amazing world building where not everything is about the main character and the heroines route. There's more to it with regards to the villians as well as random bystander A. These VN's usually also highlight dark themes which gives me a feel of reality. I'v also played games by Eushuelly and Xuse (Eternity Sword) but for some reason the world building didn't feel as good as the ones I listed.

If there isn't anything similar in terms of world building I am also looking for VN's that has lots of action and fighting + romance in it. Similar to Baldr sky or Dies Irea.

Edited by Weiss

For Eushully, the ones that are fully translated aren't good choices for introducing the setting.  Ikusa Megami Zero and Verita are the best intros, with Madou Koukaku coming a close third.

Vermillion Bind of Blood

The Silverio series

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2023 at 2:28 AM, Erogamer said:

Try 11 Eyes. It has combat and quite a historical background setting.

Thanks! I might give it a go. I rmb watching the anime of it in the past and it was so bad I felt that the VN would be similar. But if someone is recommending it. It should be good!

On 3/18/2023 at 3:37 AM, Clephas said:

For Eushully, the ones that are fully translated aren't good choices for introducing the setting.  Ikusa Megami Zero and Verita are the best intros, with Madou Koukaku coming a close third.

Vermillion Bind of Blood

The Silverio series

I see. I might need to pick up some MTL for those two as I believe they r both not translated haha. Thanks for the recommendations!

6 hours ago, Weiss said:

Thanks! I might give it a go. I rmb watching the anime of it in the past and it was so bad I felt that the VN would be similar. But if someone is recommending it. It should be good!

The anime was a joke. It butchered the story. The VN was way better.

In case you still need some more recommendation, then I would recommend Tokyo Necro and Tsujidou (Because you mentioned Majikoi and Tsujidou is resembled Majikoi to a degree). Other than that, you may try Senren Banka and Kunado Kokuki later, although the former is more like usual charage. I don't know if you already played those or not, but regardless I hope that my recommendations will be helpful to you.