How can I patch Jisatsu no Tame no 101 no Houhou? (Windows98/Me/2000)

Hi everyone. My current translating project has left me quite confused and I don't even know where to begin. I've been translating and writing an English script for Jisatsu no Tame no 101 no Houhou by DUKE in my free time for almost a year now. I've got around an hour or two of content translated but I have zero programming knowledge or experience. Jisatsu 101 is out of circulation and less-than-legal digital copies barely work on a WindowsXP VM (I tried to get the game installed on a Windows98 VM but it didn't work). Is there any chance of being able to patch and port the game to modern OS? If so, how would I go about doing that?

Sorry if this is a stupid question. Here's a download link to my copy of the game if anyone is curious. Thanks for reading.

The copy I acquired worked even on win10, except for the music, which I needed to patch with _inmm.dll http://homerareru.blogspot.com/2016/05/cd.html. There's a guide on the site which you should be able to read if you're ready to translate the vn. I remember in my particular copy though not in others, the CD audio offsets were fucked somehow (fixed file included in link): (one of?) the lewd meow site versions however did not have this issue. Then there's software to split the cd audio file using the cue sheet I guess. I think medival cue splitter still works fine? it's been a while. Godspeed.

1 hour ago, Zakamutt said:

The copy I acquired worked even on win10, except for the music, which I needed to patch with _inmm.dll http://homerareru.blogspot.com/2016/05/cd.html. There's a guide on the site which you should be able to read if you're ready to translate the vn. I remember in my particular copy though not in others, the CD audio offsets were fucked somehow (fixed file included in link): (one of?) the lewd meow site versions however did not have this issue. Then there's software to split the cd audio file using the cue sheet I guess. I think medival cue splitter still works fine? it's been a while. Godspeed.

Thanks for replying! The Mega file you linked is down. Is there any chance you could reupload it?