[Submission] Uploading games/stuff related to VNs to Fuwanovel?

Asaka66

So, the question is, should we consider uploading games related to VNs that are not VNs themselves, like Ougon for Umineko or Melty Blood for Tsukihime, and/or any stuff related like OSTs?

-------------

OP:

Title says it. I know its a game, but frankly I use Fuwanovel to get all the latest info on anime/novel related stuff , so it would be great to have Fuwanovel as site where you can get a list of and link to everything translated and ready to play (just have to extract archive).

Edited by Down
Edited the OP

Hm, well, the focus is on VNs right now and although this is linked to Umineko, it's still a 2D fighting game. We don't host melty blood for example. There's no saying we won't host those games some day but right now we don't. 

Are you looking for a link to the game? If not I'll move this to the Fuwa Improvement forum, where the possibility of hosting those kind of games may be discussed.

Yes I'd like to propose it as an improvement. Also not only games but "bonus" materials as a whole. Everything related to a VN should be posted .Exceptions, of course, are animes and movies, they should only be mentioned because considering that they're animated, it should be popular already. Also it be great if VN could be organized as series (by relation) /meaning when you search the When they cry series-> you get the Higurashi and Umineko as branches and the chronological order of the versions as sub branches (Umineko-> Umineko Chiru)/ this will also make the adding of bonus materials more organized and probably easier /not sure about that , correct me if I'm wrong/.

The LOLIS that Steve proposed is an on-going project to make co-relations between novels, I'm sure they'll be associated by series as well so that issue is being taken care of and discussed.

As far as other genres besides VNs I don't know how i feel about them being posted here, it's not like i'm against the games but for me it doesn't seem too fitting to have them on Fuwanovel, that's just my opinion though.

I think LOLIS was cancelled, though I may be wrong.

What we could have is a section called "other cool games" where some different games somehow related to VNs (e.g Melty Blood) are uploaded. I don't think we should make a big deal of it, since fuwanovel is primarily about VNs, but I can't see any harm coming from this.

Well I don't see any particular harm either, I guess I'm just being a bit stubborn since i'm used to only seeing VNs hosted here.

If the game is really related to the VN then I don't see too many problems. The biggest issue I see is if the games are licensed. Like Aeru mentioned before Fuwanovel will not host licensed VNs, I'm sure the same thing will apply to games.

And LOLIS wasn't canceled it just took a different path (and perhaps a name change) but it is on the to-do list for the main site along with other things:

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/2218-main-site-dev-blog/?p=37757

Well I don't see any particular harm either, I guess I'm just being a bit stubborn since i'm used to only seeing VNs hosted here.

If the game is really related to the VN then I don't see too many problems. The biggest issue I see is if the games are licensed. Like Aeru mentioned before Fuwanovel will not host licensed VNs, I'm sure the same thing will apply to games.

And LOLIS wasn't canceled it just took a different path (and perhaps a name change) but it is on the to-do list for the main site along with other things:

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/2218-main-site-dev-blog/?p=37757

That's obvious. In no point anyone suggested that we host licensed stuff~

From what I was suggesting, we wouldn't exactly see them either. They'd have their own section on the main page (kinda like otome, probably more discrete) and wouldn't appear alongside the VNs (except maybe if game X is related to VN Y, VN Y could have a link to that game on it's own page).

If we could somehow attract some other people with that (and drill the VN way on their heads :P) I'd consider it a win. Then again, I don't think we should put too much focus on that kind of game.

Hm.. I see your point. I guess I'm not against it after all.

So a new section just for games that focus on gameplay that are in some way related to VNs. Seems reasonable.

I guess it wouldn't harm to see how it would work out. But there needs to be more opinions on this now.

It would certainly attract a wider range of people that's for sure but as long as that doesn't become the main focus of the site i'm okay with it.

Let me just say sometimes I will put up the odd request. I don't see us adding other game types to the main line up add we walk a thin line without becoming too noticeable.

People feel we should grow and grow but get too big and vast and you become a bigger target

Well, let me address this question as best I can.  Why would we not add non-visual novels?  Well, that's simple: because Aaeru's whole goal for Fuwanovel is to "Make Visual Novels Popular in the West" not "Make all Japanese Video Games Popular in the West".  The reason why I'm sure this will probably never happen here is simply because that's just not what we're for.  Fuwanovel is a VN repository website.  This request is like asking Steam to start selling physical boardgames on their website.  It's a great request, but one that most likely won't ever happen, as that was never Aaeru's wish.  

(I'll leave the whole issue about licensed games alone, and let everybody else discuss that)

EDIT: I should also mention we don't have the staff to do that.  And I'm doing enough as-is, so are the rest of our dilligent and wonderful workers, so it couldn't happen in the near future even if we wanted it to.

I hope that answered your question Asaka~!

~Naomi~

Fuwanovel is strictly about Visual Novels, not about hosting spin-off fighting games or video games in general (at least at the moment, I don't know the future).  If you want something specific you can always ask on the forums if you can't find something you are looking for off-site, since the people here would if not should be able to help you in some way, shape, or form.

just FYI, LOLIS wasn't canceled, first step is the Nay's review integration and from that system it will be easier to implement LOLIS as well :)

And if it is ever done I'll make sure the name LOLIS is used, it is already registered trademark after all :)

And on topic: You can request and share various stuff in the request section: https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/forum/75-downloads-and-requests/

I for example requested both VN and manga.

However the main website is only focused on VNs as anime and manga is already released "prepatched" by original creator, there are already subtitles inside the mkv and the manga is already translated so you don't need to do the patching - which is what fuwanovel makes easier for VNs.

(btw this pre-subbed anime was really surprising to me when I started, since normal subtitles usually used to be shared as a srt/ass file and you needed to download the movie/series separately and then sub, but that was like 10 years ago when I was watching with Czech subtitles and then few years later when making subtitles myself)

So again pre-subbed anime/manga you can find, but pre-patched VNs are only unique to Fuwanovel and that's why it's only focus is on VNs.