Dessert de Otomate 2023 announcements

Shiawase_Rina

So the Dessert de Otomate 2023 was yesterday and here are the announcements.

I borrowed the summaries from this Gematsu article. Especially for Hakuoki they probably contain more info than I could give.

Radiant Tale: Fanfare fandisc announced

Radiant-Tale-Ann_07-02-22-1024x576-1.jpg

Radiant Tale's description:

Tifalia longs for an eventful life and gets her wish when an unusual group calling themselves CIRCUS wander into her inn and press her into service as a producer.

A crazy dragon that loves to tickle,

a spikey clown that doesn’t make you laugh,

a water creature who doesn’t want to use water magic,

an acrobat who doesn’t know how to entertain,

a drunkard furball, an unmotivated leader,

and an amateur producer who just joined.

Can this show ever be a success?

[from Gematsu]

Summary: A fan disc of the May 2022-released Radiant Tale. Delivering smiling faces to everyone once more.

Radiant Tale was announced to be relased in English as well this year in Summer. If it sells well we could get this fandisc too in the future.

Hakuoki Shinkai: Manyou no Shou fandisc and Hakuoki: Sweet School Life port for Switch announced

32e82f8b255623ff1c3e77fbc97a05ee.jpg

Hakuoki Shinkai:

The Bakumatsu period, a gap between the past splendour of the Shogunate era and the modern glamor of the Meiji period, is one of the most violent and intriguing places to start a romance.

Chizuru Yukimura has set off for Kyoto to find her missing father, but accidentally gets herself wrapped up in the intrigues of the Shinsengumi, a group of warriors who defends the fading powers of the shogunate.

The men in Shinsengumi are not merely fighting Emperor Meiji's forces and the strange demons, they are also hiding a terrible secret.

They are hiding something among them.

Summary for the fandisc announcement: A fan disc containing a number of spin-off stories and illustrations not included in the main story, such as a recollection of the events of Hakuoki: Zuisouroku.

Hakuoki SSL:

Spring, a season of blessing for new encounters.

Yukimura Chizuru knocks on the gates of a private academy, which has since been a boys' school.

However, as of this year, Hakuou Academy opens its gates to co-education and Chizuru is the only female student enrolled.

hus, begins her first year.

This story is a spin-off work of Hakuouki ~Shinsengumi Kitan~

[Edited from Hakuouki Wiki]

Summary: A Switch port of the 2014-released Hakuoki: Sweet School Life. The setting shifts from the Bakumatsu period to a modern era school, where you can enjoy a cheerful and slightly heartrending love story.

Hakuoku SSL also got a fantranslation patch for the PS Vita in 2021.

Collar x Malice: deep cover 2-part movie information:

Collar-x-Malice-Visual.jpg

The two movies will open on May 26 and June 23, respectively this year.

The movies will cover an original story and introduced a new character called Mitsuru Sowa (CV:  Katsuyuki Konishi ) that will appear:

mitsuru.jpeg

They also announced that the protagonist Ichika Hoshino will be voiced by Kaede Hondo.

Collar x Malice:

The protagonist is a policewoman working in Shinjuku, a city that has become unsafe after a series of violent crimes known as the "X-Day Incidents".

While responding to a call late one night, an unknown assailant attacked her, and when she regained consciousness she had a collar with a poison delivery mechanism, capable of being activated remotely, around her neck.

Amidst the chaos and right before the protagonist’s eyes were men with suspicious backgrounds.

They’re all part of an organisation composed of former police officers and have taken it upon themselves to investigate the brutal cases.

Without knowing whether she should trust these men or not, she suddenly became the person who held the key to this massive case.

In order to remove the collar that places her at the edge of death and to liberate Shinjuku from the malice that binds it, she cooperates; beginning to investigate the incidents with the men.

Who holds her life in their hands?
Will Shinjuku ever return to its former glory?

[Translation of the official website's story summary.]

I hope the original story will be interesting enough. I just hope they animate it properly, that Ichika is cute and that my favorite Shiraishi get's screentime.

Cupid Parasite: Sweet & Spicy Darling fandisc updates:

scgxl6.jpg

Cupid Parasite:

In the heart of Los York, a glitzy, trendsetting metropolis
that sits on the cutting edge of culture and couture, one daring marriage agency stands apart from the rest in success rate and in style. The Cupid Corporation.

As Cupid Corp's top bridal advisor, our heroine consults the city's most in-vogue singles to make their wildest romantic dreams come true.

But she has one secret which she can never share.

Her true identity is Cupid, a descendant from Celestia sent here on a heavenly mission.

Only this time, our heroine has been tasked with her biggest challenge yet: handling the matchmaking, and thus the fates, of the infamous Parasite 5.

After a series of unimpressive interviews and workshops, they concoct the perfect plan.

Parasite House, a shared home created for reality TV centered around the lives of the Parasite 5 and their romantic exploits.

Leading these hopeless men to marital bliss proves to be a Herculean task even for great Cupid herself!
Can she live up to her name and keep her identity secret at the same time?!
Find out in the most divinely unpredictable romantic comedy of the millennium! ♥

[Edited from the Official Website]

Summary: A fan disc of the goddess / marriage hunting love comedy game Cupid Parasite. The story follows the good ending of the previous game. In addition to the hidden romanceable character Peter Flage (voiced by Nobuhiko Okamoto), Melenis Levin (voiced by Yuuto Uemura) the Fate Parasite appears as a newly romanceable character. Japanese band The Biscats will once again perform the opening and ending theme songs.

Melenis Levin (new love interest):

FoNMQcqaAAAwPr5.jpeg?resize=900,506&ssl=

I sure wonder what kind of a mess Melenis will end up being? "Fate" doesn't tell me too much. What made him a Parasite?

OP video and more revealed to Alice in the Country of Spades: Wonderful Black World:

812673_front.jpg

Summary: A sequel to the September 2021-released Alice in the Country of Spades: Wonderful White World. The opening movie and shop-specific bonuses have been newly revealed.

Alice in the Country of Spades

Revival of the Heart no Kuni no Alice series by Quinrose, now with the name Quinrose reborn under the Otomate brand.

A fairy tale-like, but mysterious world where the hatter is the mafia and shoot-outs are a common occurrence.

The story is set in “The Country of Spades,” which is made up of four territories: White Territory, Black Territory, Hatter Mansion, and The Station. However, this country was in the midst of war and dangerous no matter where you went.

Meanwhile, the protagonist Alice—a realist who and by no means a dreamer—was saved from drowning in a lake, and by then had lost all of her memories.

She was unable remember the people she never met, the people she used to be friends with, nor the circumstances surrounding them.

People she is supposed to be meeting for the first time, who seem somehow familiar and important, and someone she has forgotten…

In a country full of unfamiliar time, Alice builds new relationships despite her discomfort, learning to accept her lost memories and insane life.

Will this realist protagonist be able to find an honest romance in an unconventional world?

[from Gematsu]

The good old Heart no Kuni no Alice series! The Anniversary edition of the first game in the series has an English fanpatch for PC.

A very unconventional series which most might know from all the manga adaptions this series spawned which got localised around the world (I have quite a few of them in German).

Cast announced for 9 R.I.P.

otomate-announced-9-r-i-p-an-otome-game-

9 R.I.P.

Summary: A slightly strange omnibus romance visual novel that unfolds in various “other worlds.”

Announced cast:

Kureha CV: Toshiki Masuda

Hibiki CV: Toki Shunichi

Kouyou CV: Suzuki Ryota

Sena: Kakihara Tetsuya

Minami CV: Okamoto Nobuhiko

Seiya CV: Tachibana Shinnosuke

Yukimaro CV: KENN

Koharu CV: Azakami Yohei

Very interested in this one. I remember it having to do with urban legends and I like my otome games a bit spooky.

I don't know about the large number of love interests tho. Quality > Quantity for me.

My9Swallows TOPSTARS LEAGUE:

key_pc.jpg

My9Swallows TOPSTARS LEAGUE:

Collaboration between Otomate and Japan's professional baseball team Tokyo Yakult Swallows.

In the otome game, player will have to lead the Tokyo Yakult Shallows's newcomers team and aim to win the league championship.

Summary: A new professional baseball league has been organized, and a team of newcomers who passed the Yakult team auditions is formed with the goal of making it the league championship.

This is the story of the romance between the protagonist put in charge of the team, and the players on the team.

The story summary, first characters, and stage portraits have been newly revealed.

Well. This is quite something. Tfw you have to be a baseball star aiming to win the league championship AND be an idol.

I do not know how that works but alright. Could be funny to watch honestly.

There is also something about them recruiting for the newest Altergear (non-romance branch) title. I would be surprised tho if any of the titles from this branch end up as a success.

I haven't heard anything good about the title that was already released. Doing romance-less joseimuke visual novels only works with good characters and story.

I guess we'll see...