Mangagamer 2023 licensing survey is up

Shiawase_Rina

It is time again to make your wishes heard!

I personally wished for Club Suicide, Hana Awase and Blackish House. I'm thankful for any otome or BL game they pick up tho!

Good luck to everyone!

(Also Mangagamer only picks up PC games. Otomate and Rejet games are hopeless choices here for otome games just as a heads up)

The biggest request I did this year was try localizing games to the Nintendo Switch. There are lots of potential titles that are left untranslated or unavailable that should be on a console that is perfec to read VNs. Imagine if someday MG decides to translate the switch's version of Musicus with all its new content available, it would be perfect. I really hope they at least try the Nintendo Switch instead of simply avoid it.

As for suggestions, I only put Trianthology [maybe this time, finally?] because pretty much all games that I plan to read in the near future are already translated or on the way.

2 hours ago, Silvz said:

As for suggestions, I only put Trianthology

Well, after I voted for Iwaihime so many times and it turned out to be complete dog shit, I'm a bit worried about voting for this one as well.

As for me, I don't really care about these surveys anymore, so I just voted for a few random VNs from my wishlist.

I went with Hentai Prison, Sayonara o Oshiete and Akeiro Kaikitan. I sincerely doubt Mangagamer will pick up Akeiro, considering the fact that Sekai have been the ones localizing other Silky's titles, but one can dream. :ren:
I had a hard time deciding between Hentai Prison and Nukitashi, but the former seems a bit more interesting so that's what I ended up choosing.

Edited by Seraphim

19 hours ago, Seraphim said:

I went with Hentai Prison, Sayonara o Oshiete and Akeiro Kaikitan. I sincerely doubt Mangagamer will pick up Akeiro, considering the fact that Sekai have been the ones localizing other Silky's titles, but one can dream. :ren:
I had a hard time deciding between Hentai Prison and Nukitashi, but the former seems a bit more interesting so that's what I ended up choosing.

162176.jpg

BRUH WHATS THE FIRST TITLE, THAT LOOKS EPICCCCCCCCCCC

• 3 weeks later...

Late to the party here, and by the way the survey was already closed.

Honestly speaking though I didn't expect much of this, seeing that it might be not possible to see most suggested title got translated, especially when a lot of people would fill the survey with something that either already available (Fate/Stay Night or WA2) or simply too big for Mangagamer to handle (Sakura no Uta). That said, it's not like I can fully blame the people who fill the suggestion with those title, because I did the same with I filled the survey with Ever Maiden (Liarsoft), Soreyori no Prologue (minori), and Ixseal (Alicesoft). Note that I know it might be not possible to see Mangagamer localize those VNs, although perhaps it might be possible sometimes later. That said, I didn't mind if some other publishers localized those VNs.

Edited by littleshogun

• 1 month later...

Mangagamer released the result for the survey, and it's nice to see that two out of three suggestion from mine are in top 25 (Even though honestly speaking it's not say much). The most notable thing is that there's still WA2 and Fate on top 20, although it's not as prominent like in the past. Other than that, well the result is quite balanced (Between usual VN, BL, and otome).