Virtual World in Visual Novels.

ztrepzilius

13 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

Hikari no Umi no Apeiria

That one has to be one of the weirdest ones I've ever read, and that's saying a lot.

As for virtual worlds, keep in mind that most of these aren't 'game worlds' but rather virtual worlds in which the characters live most of the time.  The spoiler box contains ones for which this is a spoiler.

Spoiler

Reallive

Strawberry Feels

Owaru Sekai to Birthday

Re:Lief

The Baldr series

Death End re;Quest

Augmented Reality

Harvest Overray

Electro-arms

• 2 weeks later...

Late to the party here. In any case you still want some VN in Virtual Worlds setting, perhaps you can try something like Lunaria if you can read Japan, although Lunaria will be available in English on this year. But if you can't read Japanese, then you can try Yumina which perhaps it's the closest one that you want when it come to virtual world with RPG element (Well it's RPG VN in the first place). In case you still didn't get the VN that you want to play it yet, I hope that my recommendations here will be helpful to you if you still didn't play those VNs yet.

PS - Oh yes you can also try Our World is Ended, in which it seems to be quite an underrated VN.